• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

One Day Late - ZF 116610 LV & LN

mariot

22/2/19
if there will be a next update. Highly doubt there will be as they took three years to complete this watch.

this is an issue and i think it is not difficult for the factory to fix it properly

d3s19n

Renowned Member
12/6/18
No big qualms with this piece and generally very impressed but did I already post about the hour hand rectangular Lume reservoir having rounded instead of sharp corners?

Reactions: Jayalvin777

d3s19n

Renowned Member
12/6/18
No big qualms with this piece and generally very impressed but did I already post about the hour hand rectangular Lume reservoir having rounded instead of sharp corners?

Substar

16/9/20
Got my qc this morning and approved. Typical bad lighting aside it looks fine. A bit of sel recession too.
0ebe1b11f05ed43494bad0cc7d651ab0.png

75f5646735b5be1d81fa96131c9a925b.png

ceae1d3d2c6ba043bc46dd94055a9682.png

96f1828d5b08cb162810cf384a4cdb45.png

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Roguetheory

7/9/20
EU
It's not a contradiction, it's basic logic.

No, it’s not “basic logic”, it’s a logical fallacy. As “expensive as fuck” is purely relative.

A rep can be the best one ootb but can also be expensive as fuck without a proper justification.

As it stands, those who have bought it have stated that it doesn’t require any modding or gen/frankensteining parts, opposed to the ZZF V3 and VSF. Isn’t that justification? Or do you prefer false economy?

And when it's that expensive, in relation to the competitors of course, it's very annoying that it has mistakes and tells that the competitors don't.

This is a straw man, it’s a rep, they all have tells and flaws. That’s why they’re reps.

What's not clear about it? Do you want me to spell it for you?

Please do since you’re the expert.

And no, you don't need to have the ZF in hand in order to see what's good or bad, when there are so many good pictures and first impressions from the members,

You mean the 2-3 members which I’ve counted to date, who’ve fairly and objectively reviewed it with side by side comparisons to other subs they own, after purchasing it. Who are saying it’s their new favourite and preference for the Hulk?

especially if you are knowledgeable enough about all the alternatives and if you have access to the gen.

If you can't see the tells i suggest you look better or make some comparisons with a gen / other reps.

Right, but your argument seems to stem from cherry picking the best parts of multiple watches and offering them as one flawed argument as to why the ZF “isn’t worth the money” and they are superior.

Reactions: GrandmasterChime

mari115

Put Some Respect On My Name
9/6/18
Nearer than you think
No, it’s not “basic logic”, it’s a logical fallacy. As “expensive as fuck” is purely relative.

Please do tell me how what i said is logical fallacy. Exactly, it's purely relative, it's what i said, in fact i specified in relation to the competitors, it's the most expensive sub available, and it's a fact.

As it stands, those who have bought it have stated that it doesn’t require any modding or gen/frankensteining parts, opposed to the ZZF V3 and VSF. Isn’t that justification? Or do you prefer false economy?

Well, THIS is purely relative. Lol for me it surely needs a gen crystal, i'd be happy even with just that, since you can't really change the SELs, unless you try some other bracelets, or the CGs. The ZF's can have the best rep crystal available (together with the VSF i think) but it will still be far from the genuine one. Also, what is a "false economy"? lmao

This is a straw man, it’s a rep, they all have tells and flaws. That’s why they’re reps.

It's not a strawman, it's exactly the point i'm trying to make. It's very annoying when something like this happens, they are so close, yet they decide to fuck up something just so they can fix it in the next release, after a while it becomes very irritating.

You mean the 2-3 members which I’ve counted to date, who’ve fairly and objectively reviewed it with side by side comparisons to other subs they own, after purchasing it. Who are saying it’s their new favourite and preference for the Hulk?

Exactly, everyone can see the pics, and if you ever held a gen one in hand you can clearly see some difference, we are of course talking about reps here. But the problem is not when comparing it to the gen (even if we were promised a "genlike" crystal), but when you compare it to another rep that is 100$ cheaper.

but your argument seems to stem from cherry picking the best parts of multiple watches and offering them as one flawed argument as to why the ZF “isn’t worth the money” and they are superior.

Why is it considered cherry picking or flawed to compare the ZF's good and bad aspects to other watches that are 100$ cheaper than it? Of course the ZF will have some better aspects than them (ex, hands), since it's more expensive, but how is it excusable that after 3 years of development it has (for example) some unfixable tells like the crownguards, that cheaper watches don't? Kinda annoying right?

Last edited:

foozoo58

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
20/11/19
Please do tell me how what i said is logical fallacy. Exactly is purely relative, it's what i said, in fact i specified in relation to the competitors, it's the most expensive sub available, and it's a fact.

Well, THIS is purely relative. Lol for me it surely needs a gen crystal, i'd be happy even with just that, since you can't really change the SELs, unless you try some other bracelets, or the CGs. The ZF's can have the best rep crystal available (together with the VSF i think) but it will still be far from the genuine one. Also, what is a "false economy"? lmao

It's not a strawman, it's exactly the point i'm trying to make. It's very annoying when something like this happens, they are so close, yet they decide to fuck up something just so they can fix it in the next release, after a while it becomes very irritating.

Exactly, everyone can see the pics, and if you ever held a gen one in hand you can clearly see some difference, we are of course talking about reps here. But the problem is not when comparing it to the gen (even if we were promised a "genlike" crystal), but when you compare it to another rep that is 100$ cheaper.

Why is it considered cherry picking or flawed to compare the ZF's good and bad aspects to other watches that are 100$ cheaper than it? Of course the ZF will have some better aspects than them (ex, hands), since it's more expensive, but how is it excusable that after 3 years of development it has (for example) some unfixable tells like the crownguards, that cheaper watches don't? Kinda annoying right?

Im curious. Do you think on the wrist the ZF is callable? Do you think anyone could be able to tell its a rep if you were to even hand it to one of your friends without a loupe?

I suspect that no one will be able to whereas with other reps there is a slight possibility. If you agree with me, then hands down the ZF is the best sub rep.

The point isnt to make a perfect 1:1 rep. The point is to make a replica sooo good that spending 15,000 on the gen would not be worth it.

ZF (not zzf) is the only rep that has made the gen not worth it.

arpa90

2/11/18
I suspect that no one will be able to whereas with other reps there is a slight possibility. If you agree with me, then hands down the ZF is the best sub rep.
If someone was able to call out ZZF or VSF then they would also be able to call out ZF. Why are you even arguing this? Neither one of ZZF, ZF or VSF are perfect reps. Each one has their own small issues. All are great reps nevertheless.

foozoo58

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
20/11/19
If someone was able to call out ZZF or VSF then they would also be able to call out ZF. Why are you even arguing this? Neither one of ZZF, ZF or VSF are perfect reps. Each one has their own small issues. All are great reps nevertheless.

Not true. If one is able to call out ZF, then they can forsure call out ZZF OR VSF.

HOWEVER, If one is able to call out ZZF OR VSF, then that does not mean they cannot call out ZF

walla65

20/5/19
I'm probably dumb ... but I still don't understand why I should prefer ZF to VSF ....

GrandmasterChime

Agent Provocateur
Supporter
Certified
6/1/19
New Zealand
it's not a question of money ... but of quality ... why would the ZF be better? Anyone know and want to tell me where is better than VSF?

How would we know if we dont have both? I know why i bought it and it had zero to do with being better than any other

Last edited:

Kalev007

I'm Pretty Popular
25/6/19
Not true. If one is able to call out ZF, then they can forsure call out ZZF OR VSF.

HOWEVER, If one is able to call out ZZF OR VSF, then that does not mean they cannot call out ZF

ZF is the easiest to call out on wrist.

Flush SELs are quite enough at quick glance to know it’s a rep.

Reactions: Tete