• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NEW NTTD No Time to Die Titanium/Titanium Seamaster 007 Edition

freefallrlc

21/6/15
VSF on the left / Gen on the right. Different pictures and lightnings.
The Gen is more frosted and not that Shiny. Maybe it could look better with a more "Brushed" finish on the VSF

ZeO1Ho.jpg

ZeO9yJ.jpg

ZeOn4P.jpg

Nice comparison!
i guess, while the pattern is getting closer to Gen, they should at least sandblast the SS mesh to make it more matte

Danza1813

Tempus Fugit
Supporter
Certified
28/11/09
UK
^^^^ Wow. Why so emotional? With all due respect, the mesh is part of the NTTD watch and unlike others in the SMP line, for the NTTD watch, the mesh be it steel or titanium, the weave and all more or less makes the watch what it is. So forgive us for wanting accuracy for the mesh.

The dial markers and bezel markers on the V3 is close enough so that's probably why most of us just want an accurate mesh. But hey if VSF wanna make improvements on the markers and all, that's good, but the current ones are already good enough that I feel they aren't exactly deal breakers. And if they can come up with a titanium mesh later on, even better.

Anyway.... I'm still enjoying my V2 on the V3 mesh. Cheers!

50549472168_3aa736f13f_b.jpg

50549472188_6f53915073_b.jpg

Not emotional Imranbecks, just slowly getting tired of reading about the titanium mesh on here. Repeated questions about when it will be available, weave latter comparisons etc. We get it, we wish it was titanium, we wish it was the same as the gen and then we would all want to buy one. But at the moment it’s steel. What more really is there to say about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RobSe1

goes Deepsea
Supporter
Certified
23/6/17
Someone has a sandblast machine at home lol?
ZeBPWF.jpg

Well Danza1813 Your right, but the Bracelet is for mostbof us the biggest concern. The rest looking damn good on this piece.

Reactions: Danza1813

Chesterfield

Known Member
14/7/15
Danza1813 if you look at side by side comparisons of either the v2 or v3 agaonst the gen, it's smost flawless and near superclone levels of accuracy. The bracelet though, is just too noticeable in difference from the gen, hence why there's a lot of discussion on it. It's clearly the part of this watch that needs the most work to fully replicate the gen. Every other aspect that's not quite "perfect" with this watch is cosmetically minor.

Arachnoidosis

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/3/20
The V3 mesh which I already have is already good enough so I'm not gonna fork out for the 3.5. Unless VSF makes further changes on it such as changing the Omega flap to make it look more accurate, fixing the qc issue that some have faced with it, or better yet, I'll gladly wait out for a titanium mesh ;)​​​​​​

No worries man, I wasn't trying to convince you either way or give the impression the v3 bracelet was like, inferior or something. The last VSF release I had in my hands that wasn't the Staib bracelet was the cheap v1, so it's a pretty huge upgrade for me at least in terms of realism towards the actual thing. It is definitely a completely new bracelet and not a modified design, evidenced by the weave having a completely different side profile.

Re: the continued discussion of the bracelet, I mean Omega put just as much effort (if not more, idk) into the actual bracelet as they did the design of the watch. It's a pretty cool piece of engineering. Very unique bracelet and a huge part of what makes the watch have a vintage feel. Makes sense that it's the focus of intense scrutiny.

I do wonder about perhaps getting my hands on another v3.5 bracelet and sending it off to a sandblasting place to see how much that helps the look. Wouldn't cost more than a hundred bucks or so to get the new bracelet and have it done... then again I could just sit on my ass and wait for the next version. Until such time though I'm really happy with the way this one looks.

imranbecks

I'm Pretty Popular
17/11/15
The Neutral Zone
Danza1813 if you look at side by side comparisons of either the v2 or v3 agaonst the gen, it's smost flawless and near superclone levels of accuracy. The bracelet though, is just too noticeable in difference from the gen, hence why there's a lot of discussion on it. It's clearly the part of this watch that needs the most work to fully replicate the gen. Every other aspect that's not quite "perfect" with this watch is cosmetically minor.

Re: the continued discussion of the bracelet, I mean Omega put just as much effort (if not more, idk) into the actual bracelet as they did the design of the watch. It's a pretty cool piece of engineering. Very unique bracelet and a huge part of what makes the watch have a vintage feel. Makes sense that it's the focus of intense scrutiny.

Exactly. I'm glad some here gets it.

If anyone doesn't feel like talking about the mesh, feel free to bring up any other point where the watch can be improved, its what this thread is for, and that is to discuss any aspects of the watch be it the case, dial markers or the bracelet. No one here is forcing you to read through this thread if you don't want to or if you're tired of reading the same stuff over and over again as mentioned.

By the way, rest in peace to the original Bond, Sir Sean Connery :cry2:

​​​​

Last edited:

MrBurgundy

Known Member
31/3/20
If anyone doesn't feel like talking about the mesh, feel free to bring up any other point where the watch can be improved, its what this thread is for, and that is to discuss any aspects of the watch be it the case, dial markers or the bracelet.

Thickness of bezel numbers, thickness of writing on face, red colour on face, hour markers, shapes on hands, pip at 12, engraving depth on caseback, writing on caseback and that cut out above the HE valve that a few people keep mentioning.

philiusmaximus

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
8/2/14
UK
Why oh why did they make the NTTD NATO so short?
I can't get my flap into the last keeper to fold over. And I don't think I have particularly big wrists.
My spectre NATO is very long and fits perfectly.

RobSe1

goes Deepsea
Supporter
Certified
23/6/17
ok lets go ahead
ZedxxX.jpg

Is the Colour of the Dial printing less "orange"? those indicies between hour markers?

RobSe1

goes Deepsea
Supporter
Certified
23/6/17

MrBurgundy Was kind enough to give us a direct side by side with Gen before selling his V2 to me. For those that may have missed it.

Thats what inwas looking for! great Shot!

are the markers on gen bigger? looks bit smaller on the rep..And the Colour is brighter on gen.

Reactions: Watchman1985

philiusmaximus

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
8/2/14
UK
Deinitely some differences. Probably a deal breaker for some people. Personally, in the environments I will wear my v3 I don't think it'll ever be an issue.

BOSSK

Renowned Member
22/3/17
Oz
Deinitely some differences. Probably a deal breaker for some people. Personally, in the environments I will wear my v3 I don't think it'll ever be an issue.

It’s difficult to validate in pictures the dial markers as even the slightest angle change brings about distortion from the domed crystal.

imranbecks

I'm Pretty Popular
17/11/15
The Neutral Zone
Well I've been wearing my V2 for 6 months now, mostly on the mesh and no one has come up to me yet in public to say its a fake :p

Unless you start posting the rep on Omega forums or Facebook pages, no one will spot it in the flesh or even take notice of it.

​​​​​​​
Is the gen NATO the same length? Awkwardly short?

I don't have the NTTD gen nato to compare, but when compared to my gen SM300MC on the gen Omega Bond nato, its very close in length. I don't think its too short at all.

49884602768_716ca386bd_b.jpg

Last edited:

_leonardo_

29/8/20
Probably in the environments I will wear my v3, people see one big and dark watch, that don't seems a Rolex (only those with the trained eyes)