• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NEW NTTD No Time to Die Titanium/Titanium Seamaster 007 Edition

Shane73

Getting To Know The Place
8/5/20
Definitely growing on me. The colours are amazing and the v2 mesh is getting more comfortable. Titanium of this will be icing on the cake. The steel doesn’t stand out too much though and it’s very passable.

dbb56f3be3fd6983253ca40da755f975.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im holding out for the Titanium mesh as that's the one Bond wears throughout the movie, one of the women wears it with the Nato provided so i plan to mix and match with the spectre Nato when not on the mesh. Fine looking watch though no matter what it's on.

Shane73

8/5/20
Definitely growing on me. The colours are amazing and the v2 mesh is getting more comfortable. Titanium of this will be icing on the cake. The steel doesn’t stand out too much though and it’s very passable.

dbb56f3be3fd6983253ca40da755f975.jpg

Im holding out for the Titanium mesh as it looks like that's the one Bond wears throughout the movie, one of the women wears it with the Nato provided so i plan to mix and match with the spectre Nato when not on the mesh. Fine looking watch though no matter what it's on.

Reactions: shaft6s9

Danza1813

Tempus Fugit
Supporter
Certified
28/11/09
UK
Im holding out for the Titanium mesh as it looks like that's the one Bond wears throughout the movie, one of the women wears it with the Nato provided so i plan to mix and match with the spectre Nato when not on the mesh. Fine looking watch though no matter what it's on.

I can’t work out whether this watch suited my spectre nato or not. Ill try it again in a few days. I think my next purchase will be an admiralty grey nato from phenomenato, think this would be a good choice as that’s the colour of nato strap traditionally worn by the Royal Navy and this is supposedly a Navy watch after all if the caseback numbers are anything to go by. (0552 = navy personnel).

Danza1813

Tempus Fugit
Supporter
Certified
28/11/09
UK
Mine is going to have to go back. Case back won’t stay closed. Very disappointed. Now got to incur more cost shipping it back. You would have thought they checked the case back before sending in the qc checks.

Mine isn’t exactly tight. I can unscrew it with my fingers. It turns about 60 degrees which unlocks it then it can just be picked off. I plan to silicone grease the o ring to make it that little bit more water resistant should the worst happen.

Tardis1711

Do not accept unsolicited offers
6/11/10
Wonder if it’s a flaw with some of them. I think I may dab a little bit of glue on mine instead of sending it back. Just wanted people to be aware so they can ask for that to be checked before it’s sent to them.

MrBurgundy

Known Member
31/3/20
I can’t work out whether this watch suited my spectre nato or not. Ill try it again in a few days. I think my next purchase will be an admiralty grey nato from phenomenato, think this would be a good choice as that’s the colour of nato strap traditionally worn by the Royal Navy and this is supposedly a Navy watch after all if the caseback numbers are anything to go by. (0552 = navy personnel).

Obviously just a personal opinion, but I think the Spectre nato (black/grey five stripe) doesn't suit this watch at all—looks horrible.

MrBurgundy

Known Member
31/3/20
Alright comparison time. Again FYI, the rep is a V2.

I ordered this from TrustyTime (chosen because of its nice website) on 20 Apr. QC pics came in on 26 Apr, approved same day. Watch shipped on 29 Apr. Delivered to me in Aus on 19 May. So around a month from order to delivery which, given the circumstances, isn't too bad. Andrew (TT) was great to deal with—replied to emails within a day and gave clear answers to questions I had—and I definitely recommend his store.

The watch itself, wow, I'm impressed! The colour of the case, bezel, face and marking are VERY close to the gen, so hopefully there'll be no more complaining about that. The text on the face of the rep is a little too thin compared with the gen and that goes for the numbers on the bezel as well, but I think the V3 might have sorted out the latter.

The nato strap does let the rep down a bit as it is quite different to the gen strap up close. Specifically the width and colour of the grey/gunmetal section, the weave of the cream/beige section and the overall "shinyness" of the strap—the gen is far more matte.

Another difference I noticed between the two...and this is a little one...is the etched/engraved sections. On the caseback, the characters of the rep are far less deep than those on the gen. However contrasting this are the engraved sections on the straps. On the gen, it barely goes below the surface (can run fingernail over it without stopping) whereas on the rep the sections are quite "deep" (fingernails will get caught running over it). It's a small thing, but still noticeable nonetheless.

And one other difference—the recessed shapes on the end of the hours and minutes hands (circle and triangle respectively) are larger on the rep than they are on the gen.

Oh and one last thing—after taking the case only and strap only shots, I ended up putting the caseback sticker and gen nato on the wrong case...I was nearly finished threading the gen strap on the rep case when I realised. So that shows their overall similarities in person!

Now the comparison pictures. In most of them the gen is on the right, rep on the left. However I have added labels because I mixed it up for one of the shots of the straps. I have also taken a few shows on a white background rather than wood, to show how the colours of the watch change depending on environment.

Hope this helps people who are on the edge with their decision to purchase! I only bought the rep to help you lads out with this comparison, so I'll be putting up for sale on here in the next few days (for a bit under the purchase price) so hopefully one of you can help me out in return by buying it. :thumbup:

TMp8Q.png

TMC7L.jpg

TMTzR.jpg

TMXY8.jpg

TMdwK.jpg

TMkVv.jpg

TM4i1.jpg

TMMCj.jpg

TMsG4.jpg

Last edited:

Danza1813

Tempus Fugit
Supporter
Certified
28/11/09
UK
Great work mr B. You should sell that in a beat After that comparison.

optical

Renowned Member
31/1/10
This was a watch id was planning to swim with (it is after all, a diver watch), anyone else had issues with the caseback? or had it pressure tested? Or any SMP rep with the Naiad lock caseback for that matter.
Cheers

Darksiderkills

14/5/18

I ordered this from TrustyTime (chosen because of it's nice website) on 20 Apr. QC pics came in on 26 Apr, approved same day. Watch shipped on 29 Apr. Delivered to me in Aus on 19 May. So around a month from order to delivery which, given the circumstances, isn't too bad. Andrew (TT) was great to deal with—replied to emails within a day and gave clear answers to questions I had—and I definitely recommend his store.

The watch itself, wow, I'm impressed! The colour of the case, bezel, face and marking are VERY close to the gen, so hopefully there'll be no more complaining about that. The text on the face of the rep is a little too thin compared with the gen and that goes for the numbers on the bezel as well, but I think the V3 might have sorted out the latter.

The nato strap does let the rep down a bit as it is quite different to the gen strap up close. Specifically the width and colour of the grey/gunmetal section, the weave of the cream/beige section and the overall "shinyness" of the strap—the gen is far more matte.

Another difference I noticed between the two...and this is a little one...is the etched/engraved sections. On the caseback, the characters of the rep are far less deep than those on the gen. However contrasting this are the engraved sections on the straps. On the gen, it barely goes below the surface (can run fingernail over it without stopping) whereas on the rep the sections are quite "deep" (fingernails will get caught running over it). It's a small thing, but still noticeable nonetheless.

And one other difference—the recessed shapes on the end of the hours and minutes hands (circle and triangle respectively) are larger on the rep than they are on the gen.

Oh and one last thing—after taking the case only and strap only shots, I ended up putting the caseback sticker and gen nato on the wrong case...I was nearly finished threading the gen strap on the rep case when I realised. So that shows their overall similarities in person!

Now the comparison pictures. In most of them the gen is on the right, rep on the left. However I have added labels because I mixed it up for one of the shots of the straps. I have also taken a few shows on a white background rather than wood, to show how the colours of the watch change depending on environment.

Hope this helps people who are on the edge with their decision to purchase! I only bought the rep to help you lads out with this comparison, so I'll be putting up for sale on here in the next few days (for a bit under the purchase price) so hopefully one of you can help me out in return by buying it. :thumbup:

TMp8Q.png

TMC7L.jpg

TMTzR.jpg

TMXY8.jpg

TMdwK.jpg

TMkVv.jpg

TM4i1.jpg

TMMCj.jpg

TMsG4.jpg

Its amazing how accurate the colours for the rep is compared to the gen...great spot on the hour and minute hands did not notice that till now haha

imranbecks

I'm Pretty Popular
17/11/15
The Neutral Zone
Is the case back missing a seal or something to increase tightness?

I've had no issues with the caseback on mine. Then again I haven't tried removing it. But I've worn the watch a lot since getting it last month. If mine was loose, it would've came off already I'm sure.

imranbecks

I'm Pretty Popular
17/11/15
The Neutral Zone

I ordered this from TrustyTime (chosen because of it's nice website) on 20 Apr. QC pics came in on 26 Apr, approved same day. Watch shipped on 29 Apr. Delivered to me in Aus on 19 May. So around a month from order to delivery which, given the circumstances, isn't too bad. Andrew (TT) was great to deal with—replied to emails within a day and gave clear answers to questions I had—and I definitely recommend his store.

[

Very good comparisons Mr B!

There is one more shot of the nato strap comparison I'd love to see though and it's this part on the underside of the keeper which is nicely detailed on the rep. I believe the gen has this part engraved too. Does it say the same thing?

49786544898_98a866f46c_b.jpg

Also a comparison shot of the buckle with the Omega logo would be nice as you only took the underside of the buckle.

49911658717_9b765decc6_b.jpg

Last edited:

DD60

The Eagle Eyed Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
28/4/17
Wonder if the engraving on the case back could be re engraved to make it deeper without damaging the case back?

Also the 007 insignia is off: rep, the 007 is spaced too far apart and the gun is seperate from the 7 whereas the gen, 007 is spaced a bit closer and the gun is part of the 7. I mean, just little things but, noticeable.

Overall, the v2 still looks like a decent rep.

MrBurgundy
Excellent comparison ! Thanks for your contribution to the RWI.

Last edited:

MrBurgundy

Known Member
31/3/20
Very good comparisons Mr B!

There is one more shot of the nato strap comparison I'd love to see though and it's this part on the underside of the keeper which is nicely detailed on the rep. I believe the gen has this part engraved too. Does it say the same thing?

Also a comparison shot of the buckle with the Omega logo would be nice as you only took the underside of the buckle.

Can do. Apologise for the lighting in these images, it's overcast today and they were taken inside.

The text on the underside of the "Omega" labeled keepers are a little different (GJB/IJB, 59/50, the product code or whatever that is and all of their positions on the keeper).

Regarding the buckle, the Omega logo on the gen is more raised than on the rep.

Tscb1.jpg

Tu3Kc.jpg

Last edited:

imranbecks

I'm Pretty Popular
17/11/15
The Neutral Zone
Can do. Apologise for the lighting in these images, it's overcast today and they were taken inside.

The text on the underside of the "Omega" labeled keepers are a little different (GJB/IJB, 59/50, the product code or whatever that is and all of their positions on the keeper).

Regarding the buckle, the Omega logo on the gen is more raised than on the rep.

Perfect :thumbsup:​​​​​​

Really appreciate it!

What do you think of the titanium case between the two? Does it weigh the same or feel similar in lightness?

Last edited:

MrBurgundy

Known Member
31/3/20
What do you think of the titanium case between the two? Does it weigh the same or feel similar in lightness?

Ah thanks for the reminder, I was planning on weighing both yesterday but completely forgot!

Case & NATO
Gen: 72 grams
Rep: 80 grams

Case
Gen: 58 grams
Rep: 63 grams

NATO Strap
Gen: 14 grams
Rep: 17 grams

So, difference is 5g in the case and 3g in the strap. Very far from obvious in person. I'd say the factory did a great job with the rep's materials.

Last edited: