• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NEW NTTD No Time to Die Titanium/Titanium Seamaster 007 Edition

imranbecks

I'm Pretty Popular
17/11/15
The Neutral Zone
Ah thanks for the reminder, I was planning on weighing both yesterday but completely forgot!

Case & NATO
Gen: 72 grams
Rep: 80 grams

Case
Gen: 58 grams
Rep: 63 grams

NATO Strap
Gen: 14 grams
Rep: 17 grams

So, difference is 5g in the case and 3g in the strap. Very far from obvious in person. I'd say the factory did a great job with the rep's materials.

Wow. 5g difference is not really noticeable I'm sure. The rep is indeed impressive. Thank you again MrBurgundy

I need to go to the boutique to try on the gen again and look at it up close just for fun once the lockdown here is eased and the boutique opens again. Plus I've yet to handle the one on mesh coz it was on the nato strap when i tried it on back in February and the mesh version wasn't available at the time.

Last edited:
Reactions: AllanUSC

jpchub

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
7/12/18
Cape Town
MrBurgundy you are a champ! May I ask, for you, how noticeable is the difference between the weird gap at the HE valve on the gen to the rep’s no gap?

nikone

Known Member
29/8/19
Mine is going to have to go back. Case back won’t stay closed. Very disappointed. Now got to incur more cost shipping it back. You would have thought they checked the case back before sending in the qc checks.

the same thing happened to me, then I realized that the gasket was missing, after putting it all right.

Reactions: lumentin

MrBurgundy

Known Member
31/3/20
MrBurgundy you are a champ! May I ask, for you, how noticeable is the difference between the weird gap at the HE valve on the gen to the rep’s no gap?

I keep seeing that mentioned on this thread but I really don't think the HE cut thing is a big deal. I owned the gen for more than a month, wearing it frequently, before I even noticed it.

Yes it's something that's on the gen and not the rep, but you're only going to notice it's missing if you're looking for it. When wearing it or looking at it from above, the bump/wave at the "50" on the bezel hides it completely.

Gen top, rep bottom:

Take5

Known Member
14/5/20
the same thing happened to me, then I realized that the gasket was missing, after putting it all right.

What gasket did you use?

Edit: I just looked on ebay and it seems easy. Assume it was a cheap rubber one.. good info for those with case back issue!

Last edited:

Danza1813

Tempus Fugit
Supporter
Certified
28/11/09
UK
What are your thoughts on the depth of the engraved numerals on the bezel? Perhaps another for the fingernail test! Ha ha.

I struggle to see the shadows this engraving causes on the images of a gen, I see it ever so slightly on the v2 and quite easily on the images of the v3 so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nikone

Known Member
29/8/19
What gasket did you use?

Edit: I just looked on ebay and it seems easy. Assume it was a cheap rubber one.. good info for those with case back issue!

the gasket already present in the case had come off

nikone

Known Member
29/8/19
if the gasket is missing, the bottom easily detaches
20200521-131657.jpg

Reactions: Take5

Take5

Known Member
14/5/20
Are people saying theirs came without gasket? That is reassuring if so.. rather than a whole caseback fitment issue.

Danza1813

Tempus Fugit
Supporter
Certified
28/11/09
UK
Are people saying theirs came without gasket? That is reassuring if so.. rather than a whole caseback fitment issue.

I may buy a slightly thicker gasket to see if it ensures a tighter fit when twisted to the close position. (There is no screw thread on these casebacks)

Take5

Known Member
14/5/20
I may buy a slightly thicker gasket to see if it ensures a tighter fit when twisted to the close position. (There is no screw thread on these casebacks)

No screw thread? Ha.. marks deducted.

Danza1813

Tempus Fugit
Supporter
Certified
28/11/09
UK
No screw thread? Ha.. marks deducted.

It doesn’t.

The bits marked red fit into gaps on the rear of the case. When twisted these go under a groove and that’s all that is holding the case back on. No screw thread at all.

74e528af87c75c917fc2e2fb4ccc032a.jpg

9ec033cd17600b89cb03e50593a95942.jpg

Reactions: SaiyanSaiyanNoMi

Danza1813

Tempus Fugit
Supporter
Certified
28/11/09
UK
It can at best be described as a push and twist case back.

Reactions: mclarendude

Danza1813

Tempus Fugit
Supporter
Certified
28/11/09
UK
A thicker o ring would create more upwards pressure against the ‘wavy lips’ on the caseback when inside the grooves on the case and hold it tighter together.