• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Vsf 2018 seamaster diver 300m

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
Get the VSF. Its the better watch compared to the OMF.
This is well established

Never go swimming with a rep exept you got the seals changed and lubed and the watch testes after you get it!
Just get it tested. No need to change the o- rings and all that just because....

I have a water proof tester and have tested many reps. Most pass just fine including my VSF 2018 Seamaster. I have gone swimming with it many times and have no problems.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying not to test the watch before going swimming. I test all my watches before they get wet.

Last edited:
Reactions: Time_Wizard

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
Please expand? I’m interested - what’s the setup, kit etc?

Funny you should ask.... I just happen to have something that is explained pretty well already. It is a little off topic for this thread so rather than re-post the whole thing here I will provide some links. Here is a thread on how to do it yourself for what the OP says $30. https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...for-30-dollars You can read the entire thread if you wish as it is all interesting. I tried the OP's method and I didn't like it as I thought it was pretty sketchy and did not work above 2-3 atm. I was hoping for more so I investigated, and as I posted in that same thread came up with something that I think is much better. Here is where I post about it in that thread: It is post #116 on page 8 of that same thread or here: https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...16#post4794116

Last edited:

mrmurph

Looking Around
3/10/19
Hi everyone. I'm a long time lurker but have just got my first QC photos in after many hours of reading the forums! As I understand it's okay to post them to ask about a specific issue?
  • Lume match between indices and hands
  • Right hand '12' markers looks low
Su06j.jpg

Subu4.jpg

Finally, I think the amplitude of 324deg is on the high side?

SuJjI.jpg

Thank you :)

Time_Wizard

Renowned Member
17/3/20
Central Europe
Hi everyone. I'm a long time lurker but have just got my first QC photos in after many hours of reading the forums! As I understand it's okay to post them to ask about a specific issue?
  • Lume match between indices and hands
  • Right hand '12' markers looks low
Su06j.jpg

Subu4.jpg

Finally, I think the amplitude of 324deg is on the high side?

SuJjI.jpg

Thank you :)

Lume mismatch is not a QC issue, its just how this rep is. If you have read and followed this thread you should know. You need to live with it or get the hands relumed.
The marker "issue" is not an issue. Its maybe 0,1 mm off. If you look for this kind of perfection you need to get a GEN.

Reactions: k4jun

mrmurph

Looking Around
3/10/19
Lume mismatch is not a QC issue, its just how this rep is. If you have read and followed this thread you should know. You need to live with it or get the hands relumed.
The marker "issue" is not an issue. Its maybe 0,1 mm off. If you look for this kind of perfection you need to get a GEN.

Thank you for the advice, first time doing this...

My query on the lume was comparing to others in the thread rather than to a GEN, I appreciate a rep will never be perfect.

Last edited:
Reactions: Time_Wizard

Time_Wizard

Renowned Member
17/3/20
Central Europe
Thank you for the advice, first time doing this...

My query on the lume was comparing to others in the thread rather than to a GEN, I appreciate a rep will never be perfect.

Also others have the lume issue. Only in the first batch the lume was perfect. Your watch looks good. Buy and enjoy it you will be happy with it.

Daytonamania

Known Member
4/3/20

Just got it. Will be getting it relumed. Also i noticed the dive bezel is kinda loose, like i'm able to move it left and right by a millimetre. Is that a common problem? Can it be fixed? If yes, how?

Time_Wizard

Renowned Member
17/3/20
Central Europe

Just got it. Will be getting it relumed. Also i noticed the dive bezel is kinda loose, like i'm able to move it left and right by a millimetre. Is that a common problem? Can it be fixed? If yes, how?

I have the same issue with the dive bezel. In its natural position it makes the bezel off by half a mm to the right. If I push it to the left its perfectly centered without making a click. Unfortunately it does not stay in this position.

Daytonamania

Known Member
4/3/20

Swapped it out to the strap. The contrast looks so amazing. Can’t believe the TDs sell the exact strap for $88 when i can get it for $17 on AliExpress. Now just need to get the relume done!

btrizzy1

Known Member
26/12/09
So I received a white dial last week with very mismatched lume. The lume on the hands were a quite bit more yellow than the the white indices. However after daily wearing it the past week the lume has really evened out and I can't even perceive any difference anymore! Has this happened to anyone else?

Reactions: chentepilot

supe12sta12z

Known Member
6/3/14

Swapped it out to the strap. The contrast looks so amazing. Can’t believe the TDs sell the exact strap for $88 when i can get it for $17 on AliExpress. Now just need to get the relume done!

Any chance for a link to the strap?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eberhard4

Known Member
1/2/19
Hi guys

haven't been active here in a while, just wanted to catch up with the new found flaws of this amazing rep.
I actually bought a VSF V2 about one year ago and could not be happier; at the time the issue was the V1 bracelet on V2 head, then corrected; at that point the rep seemed flawless, however after a while the "yellowish lume" came in and so on.
To this day, noone ever doubted this was a fake, I even confidently gave it in the hands of my colleague (gen rollie collector) who inspected it back and forth and complimented me, saying that this craftmanship would probably leda him to pull the trigger on an Omega for his next buy (lol).

My question is, don't you guys think that if someone really wanted to, the BIGGEST TELL of all is the second hand moving at 28,800 instead of the unusual 25,200 of the gen?
I'm no extreme watch expert, but I can easily tell the difference just by having some 28,800 ETA gen movements, and not putting them side by side.
Cheers