• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The OFFICIAL RWI YACHTMASTER CLUB

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
How many clicks does your bezel make? I know they are supposed to be 120 on the gen, but my noob rep only makes 40 clicks which is one every 1.5seconds. Looks really strange

Inviato dal mio Mi MIX 3 utilizzando Tapatalk

It's 60 on the 5 digit model

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fontaine

Known Member
Gold Patron
13/10/18
Ahahaha fantastic
So gen?

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Yes correct!

I didn't mean to troll - I want readers on here to understand that although we all can at time obsess unnecessarily over the finer details of reps, often we stop seeing the woods for the trees.

Ironically I actually have a Noob with a Tomrep bezel mod bought from this very site, here it is for comparison:-

:D
dFutD.jpg

I guess all I'm saying is don't worry about the details so much as unless they're side by side, you're unlikely to really be able to spot stuff from these modded reps! I think sometimes it's all too easy to assume a gen isn't a gen, proving the quality of many of the modded reps out there.

PS Forgive the quality of the above image, it was taken in low light on an older phone.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr.Paneristi

Mark1937

Patron
Certified
25/3/17
Do you realize that it is difficult to distinguish the rep from the gen even with photos that can be zoomed in? On the wrist they are indistinguishable ;-)

effewatch

30/10/18
Europe
Noob on the right. Tomrep bezel seems a little too dark. Do you guys think this YM noob needs a new cyclop? The one on my noob doesn't seem too good...

thediesel17

Iron Man
Certified
7/7/19
Mine says hi.

don’t get me wrong, but this was very obviously a gen. if one pays attention to the details, it’s perfect, from SELs to color balance, to sunburst effect, to magnification and black hole effect and most obviously the warmth of the bezel insert. there was no way this being a rep!

but you proved a point here, thanks for that, that’s what we keep forgetting. instead of enjoying watches, we sometimes tend to nitpick over the smallest of detail

nicmend

Certified
24/3/18
Thanks for the answer! I realized you answered that same question in the past but on tapatalk I couldn't find it, sorry for that. Now I need to understand what's wrong with my bezel

Follow up.

I took my bezel out and cleaned all the dirt and glue residue. Not knowing how the bezel assembly was supposed to be I did a bit of reasearch. Fortunately we have rep forums cause I could not find much on gen ones.
According to this awesome review https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...s/293511-big-rolex-yachtmaster-review-6-digit the assembly is same as per gen, I found a similar info and a nice sketch also over at rwg https://www.repgeek.com/rolex/268544-noob-116622-yachtmaster-pt-3.html.

Here my pics
VtPQxI.jpg

VtPC73.jpg

VtPcZo.jpg

I expected the retainer ring to have 120 hollows in order to have 120 clicks, but it only has 40. So in order to make 120 clicks with only 40 dents the three "teeth" of the click ring should not all be in the hollows contemporarily but only one at a time. Every bezel turn of a half of a minute, a different tooth should get into a hollow making the click. Well in my bezel they probably were doing it at the same time since it only made 40 clicks.
So now I have a question for the experts. How can I fix this issue? I thought I could reshape the click ring a bit but since it goes into the bezel it shouldn't make any difference as it is always going to sit in the three holes. Might it have been just glue residue or dirt that made it difficult for the bezel to turn? Or is it something else?

I also removed the bezel insert because I thought I could align it better. When I want to put it back is it better to fit the bezel on the watch first, right? otherwise how would I know it will be correctly aligned?
last question is it fine to use loctite to glue the insert or is it better to use another glue or double sided tape? https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...6735015-116622-yachtmaster-bezel-install-help
here the tape is suggested but I can't find the adhesive ring for bezel insert from a european seller and can't wait three or more weeks to get them form the US.

thanks and sorry for all the questions but although I have been here for two years I haven't really done any work on a watch other then resizing or changing bracelets/straps

thediesel17

Iron Man
Certified
7/7/19
for anybody interested in the noob 316 steel variant that is on sale at the moment, did some research on it, here is what I've found:
  • the dial replicates the sparkly dial of 16622, really good replication of the texture!
  • the DW font is incorrect and rather fat
  • the second hand has the smaller dot as all noobs have
  • the overall build quality is good, no gen bezel construction, good case shape and finish
  • crown screws very smoothly
  • tight bracelet, good fit
  • rehaut has a nice satin sheen, high quality laser engraving (noob did rehauts quite well back in the day). some versions have a weird crown at 12, not all
  • SELs are amazing
one picture I stumbled uppon showcases the ridiculously good SELs, another one shows off the sparkly dial in the sun
dc5l4.jpg

dcUFI.jpg

Mark1937 the dial definitely differs to the dial of your ARF, much darker in some lighting conditions..

Last edited:
Reactions: nicmend

Mark1937

Patron
Certified
25/3/17
Mark1937[/USER] the dial definitely differs to the dial of your ARF, much darker in some lighting conditions..

Yes bro. This dial is like a 16622. Very nice too :)

Fontaine

Known Member
Gold Patron
13/10/18
don’t get me wrong, but this was very obviously a gen. if one pays attention to the details, it’s perfect, from SELs to color balance, to sunburst effect, to magnification and black hole effect and most obviously the warmth of the bezel insert. there was no way this being a rep!

but you proved a point here, thanks for that, that’s what we keep forgetting. instead of enjoying watches, we sometimes tend to nitpick over the smallest of detail

Not at all - I'm glad you understood my point!

I realise I'm fortunate enough to be able to enjoy gen watches as well as reps but I guess what I was trying to say to those obsessing about the finer details of rep watches is don't worry, just go ahead and enjoy your purchases in good health as in isolation, out in the real world, 99.9% of people simply wouldn't pay attention to the details and therefore couldn't point to the differences.

We on here are a curious breed as sometimes we will purposely look for flaws; the reason I never made it clear my watch was gen was because I wanted to see what people would think (I promise I had zero intention of trolling!) - the fact it wasn't immediately pointed out as gen shows that whilst some of us might have 'eagle eyes' spotting the differences the vast, vast, majority of people out in there will not.

Last edited:

Mrpong

15/9/19
Yes correct!

I didn't mean to troll - I want readers on here to understand that although we all can at time obsess unnecessarily over the finer details of reps, often we stop seeing the woods for the trees.

Ironically I actually have a Noob with a Tomrep bezel mod bought from this very site, here it is for comparison:-

:D
dFutD.jpg

I guess all I'm saying is don't worry about the details so much as unless they're side by side, you're unlikely to really be able to spot stuff from these modded reps! I think sometimes it's all too easy to assume a gen isn't a gen, proving the quality of many of the modded reps out there.

PS Forgive the quality of the above image, it was taken in low light on an older phone.

Noob on the right according to reflection on cyclob. Maybe send it to Prof for Crystal mod so that both are indistinguishable.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fontaine