• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

116622 Yachtmaster Bezel Install Help

Spikedlee

23/5/10
Just got this watch in and it's awesome. I thought I could center the triangle better like my subs by taking out the bezel and then insert, but the insert appears to be glued on. I then tried to just load the bezel back in the watch and it's not snapping into place. Any tips on how to do this? I have never had this issue with my subs - old school or ceramic versions. They just popped right back on.

Spikedlee

23/5/10
When I take out the clear plastic bezel gasket the bezel goes right on but will not actually stay on the watch so I feel like its adherence has something to do with this gasket

Spikedlee

23/5/10
Alright this thread is kind of lame as I just figured it out. That bezel gasket MUST be re-installed into the bezel BEFORE the bezel is applied to the watch. For some reason I thought that gasket was meant to be on the based of the watch by those 3 prongs. Once the gasket is loaded into the insert it pops on easily.

bc1221

Put Some Respect On My Name
30/4/14
Yea. Be careful with the gasket. If you take it out, remember which side goes in to the bezel. I took mine out to grease it and I could not figure out why the bezel would not go back on. After many MANY tries, I took the gasket out, flipped it inside out, put the bezel back in and the bezel snapped right back in to place.

If you haven’t been able to put bezel back in to place with the alignment correct, you may be able to tweak the click ring a little bit and make it snap in to place better. You can also bend the little triangles inward and get more definitive clicks. That made mine a bit better.

If all of that fails, pop the insert out, line it up with the bezel in, mark the center from the insert to the bezel, and glue it back on with some gorilla glue. a sharpie should do the trick and wipes off easy.

Good luck!

Reactions: pompompurin

Jonj480

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
3/11/14
If you want to take the insert out, it is held on with double stick adhesive tape. You can slide a razor blade in there and and just work your way around and cut the adhesive tape off. The insert will come right out. They do not snap in on reps like a sub bezel.

Spikedlee

23/5/10
Finally got around to using an x-acto blade to pry around the bezel insert and remove it in order to better align it to the watch. There was definitely double sided tape in there. I did the re-align but kept the old adhesive in there to get it to stick back on. However, I also placed an order for bezel specific double sided tape rings from 3M. $10 for a set of 5:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/5-HQ-3M-AD...243837&hash=item2822f5b659:g:Kz0AAOSwtfhYpsvJ

Just in case anyone wants a better idea versus using glue which I could see getting through the 3 little bezel holes and jamming up the watch. Anyways, a few glamor shots!

This watch was executed so well I absolutely love it.

bubu77

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
4/4/16
EUROPE
That looks great how does the bracelet feel?

Depends on the factory. If it is a BP then the bracelets sucks. If it is the Noob then the bracelet is okay. If it is the Jf then the bracelet ist awesome