• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

GMF released a GMT 3186 clone movement

Scottymagic

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
14/3/18
Would love one of these on a jubilee. Also is this intentional of trusty? He pulled a shifty one on me a while ago and I've only recently found out.

I stopped using him due to him repeatedly taking new QC of a rejected watch, gave him benefit of doubt then to top it all off sent me a watch I rejected - 'oh I've already sent it, I'm sorry'

Fervid

I'm Pretty Popular
5/5/19
Down under
I stopped using him due to him repeatedly taking new QC of a rejected watch, gave him benefit of doubt then to top it all off sent me a watch I rejected - 'oh I've already sent it, I'm sorry'

Wtf... That's dodgy as fuck. Yeah in my case I ordered an XF Pelagos, got QC photos for a ZF Pelagos (I wasn't aware of this and GL'd)

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
oh man i don't know, i already told that this is old movement, he got this new watch and it's still on old movement even with a better insert.. so asked for watch with proper movement once again, didn't get reply yet, so will see.. will keep you posted folks..
The question is what did you order? Do you have a link or a screenshot of what you ordered?

You might be rejecting QC photos looking for a BMW when you ordered a Tesla. The fact that he sent different QC pics of the same model twice suggests it may be the order.

Did you tell him why you rejected it? What did you tell him?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Hazing

9/5/19
Would love one of these on a jubilee. Also is this intentional of trusty? He pulled a shifty one on me a while ago and I've only recently found out.
A lot of times people will go on a site like trusty and pull up "BLNR" and then pop in a thread on here and see a thread that says "BLNR" or "Batman". Then they open it and say "I got my QCs. How do they look" despite the fact that the favtory/model in the link and the factory/model of the thread aren't the same.

It happened with the noob v10, the arf v3, the zzf...

Many don't take much care looking for the right thread nor do they pay much attention to which model they select scrolling through sites to purchase initially.

Fervid

I'm Pretty Popular
5/5/19
Down under
A lot of times people will go on a site like trusty and pull up "BLNR" and then pop in a thread on here and see a thread that says "BLNR" or "Batman". Then they open it and say "I got my QCs. How do they look" despite the fact that the favtory/model in the link and the factory/model of the thread aren't the same.

It happened with the noob v10, the arf v3, the zzf...

Many don't take much care looking for the right thread nor do they pay much attention to which model they select scrolling through sites to purchase initially.

While I agree the man claims to have ordered the GMF V3. Would really need to see the invoice to confirm.

andreynitro

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/11/19
Guys i ordered GMF v3 it's clear lol:
QPsGo.png

and pointed on handstacks 2 time already!

So i really don't have any idea why i'm still receiving time bomb piece for QC... moreover i decided to order specifically GMF v3 after reading this thread, before that i was targeting for VRF

Last edited:

Hazing

9/5/19
QPsGo.png

So i really don't have any idea why i'm still receiving time bomb piece for QC... moreover i decided to order specifically GMF v3 after reading this thread, before that i was targeting for VRF

Yea you did. And no offense but it’s more common to see someone pop in the wrong thread in the situation as I described then to see a TD send qc pics of the wrong watch multiple times. Andrews gotta straighten out his runner situation. And real quick like.

Reactions: KJ2020

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
QPsGo.png

Stick to your guns bro. The fuse is already lit on that timebomb watch, haha.

Hazing

9/5/19
Bezel looks great! That's the GMF V3 yeah?
It is. I just wandered in to find it on my outside step. Just as i was starting to wonder "whats taking so long" as I wasn't able to track it.

I was so excited to find it all I did pull it out of the box and post a Pic. I am trying to sit down with it but it really doesn't look likely tonight. Certainly not enough time.

I'll try and get at it and take a few pics at the very least.

Hazing

9/5/19
Thanks guys. Yeah I'm really excited about this watch. I've been excited about it since the release. I've only had a few minutes with it - just barely enough time to size it and get a feel for the movement. It really is nice. It needs some improvements but it has a lot of very strong features.

The crystal could use to be aligned a little better - much more obvious after recent discussions but the crystal quality itself looks really good off the bat.

Also, this is my first GMF and the bracelet is surprisingly sturdy. I expected something a little flimsy but it really is solid. The links. The clasp. All very sharp.

The datewheel is a little sloppy at some points but that's a quick fix.

I love the functionality though. I've stayed away from GMT Masters for so long because the movement was so far from gen and now, there really is so much to be excited for.

The insert and bezel is really nice. I've always stayed away from bi colored inserts because of the speedbumbs and I was worried on this watch/model because there appears to be a slight one but in person and with the naked eye, you can't see it at all. I don't know if that's how they are - nor noticeable in pics as this is my first but pics you can zoom in really do spoil a lot of otherwise unnoticeable details.

Just a few quick and sloppy pics.
ccbfbbc39fa61a9b75672f5ff550bc6b.jpg
edaef3e76ce8601a717181ae3c815a49.jpg
cb15837b5bc1b6b984941e8543b018f2.jpg

Last edited:

Dissemination

Renowned Member
15/6/19
San Jose, CA
Hazing damn bro that's some good stuff right there. I just need a second watch to pull the trigger on... because I dont like paying shipping for a single watch lol.

But I def gotta get my hands on one of these.

Conceyted

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/10/19
Hazing Looks great! How's the bezel play on your watch?

I received my tension spring washer from ebay and installed it today and the tension could still probably use one more tension spring to be perfect. I have the tiniest bit of wobble even with the tension spring washer in place, so I took a piece of horsehair from a violin bow and ran that around underneath the tension spring washer and that took out all of the extra slack left. I'd be open to buying a second washer and stacking them if the horsehair doesn't stay, but I am betting I never have to worry about it again.

I was also able to correct the alignment to be perfecto! and also had the chance to correct the ding in the case that I had caused when removing the bezel the first and second time. You cannot tell there was ever a ding there. How are people removing the bezel without dinging the case, though? And don't tell me the $1000 bergeon bezel removal tool. :)

TidusKun

Renowned Member
28/9/19
R Factory
Few hours down the rabbit hole ofKJ2020 's GMT posts, thanks for all your insight, work and sharing it with us!

Bit sad but it's probably for the best that I part ways with my noob blnr chs