• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Vsf 2018 seamaster diver 300m

Dissemination

Renowned Member
15/6/19
San Jose, CA
k4jun Huh. I'll try this. I replaced my clasp with a Gen clasp already due to the same issue. I'm not very handy at all with these kinds of things, but I wanna give this a shot. Thanks for the advice.

Omar9

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/12/18
Hi all just got my QC pics in, was hoping for a second opinion on the sel gaps as they seemed a little big and also the right hand marker at 12 seemed a bit higher than the left?

http://imgur.com/a/w3PVxHs

Thanks
​​​

Therion666

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
26/12/13
What SEL gap? This is not a Rolex... 12 o'clock marker is fine.

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
Hi all just got my QC pics in, was hoping for a second opinion on the sel gaps as they seemed a little big and also the right hand marker at 12 seemed a bit higher than the left?

http://imgur.com/a/w3PVxHs

Thanks
​​​

Dude,
I feel like you should know this by now as you have been here for 15 months....

1) Imgur does not work well here on this forum for hosting. Multiple threads on this and how to deal with this issur - ie don't use imgur
2) Everything you say on here is more helpful if we can see pics so rather than linking to your imgur pic, host it somewhere else so we can easily see what you are talking about and comment on it like I will do below.
3) The markers @ 12 are a non issue. Either your eyes are playing a trick on you or you are playing some sort of joke on us. See my pic below. Case is slightly rotated clockwise, but very nearly horizontal and markers are equally very nearly horizontal.
4) As said above, this is not a Rolex and even if it was I really don't see all the hype that people put into the SEL gap thing. Wear any watch, including gen Rolex or any other Gen for that matter for a few months and there will be a .01mm SEL gap just like there is on this one. Don't sweat it for a second

Green light this one. It looks really nice.

Omar9

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/12/18
Dude,
I feel like you should know this by now as you have been here for 15 months....

1) Imgur does not work well here on this forum for hosting. Multiple threads on this and how to deal with this issur - ie don't use imgur
2) Everything you say on here is more helpful if we can see pics so rather than linking to your imgur pic, host it somewhere else so we can easily see what you are talking about and comment on it like I will do below.
3) The markers @ 12 are a non issue. Either your eyes are playing a trick on you or you are playing some sort of joke on us. See my pic below. Case is slightly rotated clockwise, but very nearly horizontal and markers are equally very nearly horizontal.
4) As said above, this is not a Rolex and even if it was I really don't see all the hype that people put into the SEL gap thing. Wear any watch, including gen Rolex or any other Gen for that matter for a few months and there will be a .01mm SEL gap just like there is on this one. Don't sweat it for a second

Green light this one. It looks really nice.

Thanks for your feedback and advice ;)

Viscidity

Horology Curious
4/2/20
How many QC's do you guys usually reject before a GL? I have ordered a grey dial/blue bezel and have rejected 2 QC's so far mostly due to indices alignment issues. Seems like there's a bunch of bad ones lately or something

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
I have ordered dozens of watches and I can't recall ever rejecting any.

I understand wanting to get a good sample and I get it that you see all kinds of posts here about this or that being out of alignment etc but I do think that far too often new members are overly picky.

Have you reviewed the purpose of QC pics? Have a look at this https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...tle-on-qc-pics

The above thread and some of the other stickies in the new member area > Replica - FAQ are certainly worth a read.

Last edited:

Viscidity

Horology Curious
4/2/20
I have ordered dozens of watches and I can't recall ever rejecting any.

I understand wanting to get a good sample and I get it that you see all kinds of posts here about this or that being out of alignment etc but I do think that far too often new members are overly picky.

Have you reviewed the purpose of QC pics? Have a look at this https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...tle-on-qc-pics

The above thread and some of the other stickies in the new member area > Replica - FAQ are certainly worth a read.

Yeah, I've read through the new member section and know that the purpose of the QC is to make sure that you're getting the model and colour of watch that you ordered. The past 2 QC's I've gotten had indices that I could have gotten better off dhgate and flaws that were pretty major to me like crooked bezel, bezel insert having a wide gap between the insert/ring, and dial being overly crooked. I have read over many pages and have a general knowledge of the acceptable standards for the QC of the watch model that I'm ordering so I don't believe that I am being overly picky about it. Hopefully not that is haha

AAH1483

Certified
5/12/12
I just bought the same 300m from Ryan with the black dial. I was already aware of the bracelet issue but it's ok. No rep out there is flawless and you have to understand that's why they are called reps. When mine arrives I have an old planet ocean 42 bracelet I'm putting on it that will probably look even better . It's all in fun to collect and mod these pieces to your liking. If you like the watch and can deal with the little issues that it has then go for it. What the hell for all we know the bracelet that comes with it could be what you put on it. Not everyone keeps the same strap or bracelet on the watch it came with anyhow.

Batman022

Looking Around
11/3/20
Just got my QC photos. I know the lume issue has been hammered to death..The first picture I got was a beautiful piss yellow.
I asked for pictures in different lighting and this is what I got:
https://imgur.com/rnRfM5r

I think it's acceptable-ish? However, I am a new to this so I am just hoping for a second opinion! Also if anything else is off please let me know haha Thank you!

Last edited:

jpchub

Renowned Member
7/12/18
Cape Town
Cant see your pictures, but I can already say if lume is your only worry, ignore it, and buy the watch. In most lighting it looks 100% fine.

Viscidity

Horology Curious
4/2/20
Just got my QC photos. I know the lume issue has been hammered to death..The first picture I got was a beautiful piss yellow.
I asked for pictures in different lighting and this is what I got:
https://imgur.com/rnRfM5r

I think it's acceptable-ish? However, I am a new to this so I am just hoping for a second opinion! Also if anything else is off please let me know haha Thank you!

I have that watch and I think it's just bad lighting in your one photo or something because the supposedly lume issue isn't anything in person. Looks absolutely stunning in person and worth it to get. If there isn't anything that pops out to you and you're only worried about the lume then I'd GL that watch bro

Mille M

I'm Pretty Popular
24/7/18
Is this watch a rep?
That date font, specifically that “11” does not look original.
It looks like a VSF to me...

Last edited:

rabl253

Supporter
Certified
1/2/19
Is this watch a rep?
That data font, specifically that “11” does not look original.
It looks like a VSF to me...

I highly doubt it, Watchbox is a pretty professional company and they definitely have watch-smiths on staff that know the difference between a decorated ETA and the gen movement...

Of course, people said the same thing about horologyhouse lmao