• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Vsf 2018 seamaster diver 300m

AllanUSC

Known Member
16/2/20
I really like how this watch can look so different with the shifting light.
SMD300 AllanUSC

SMD300 AllanUSC

Reactions: Nashiey

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
Just received my QC, the watch dial looks misaligned. Feel free to give me your opinion

This is not the place to throw up all your QC pics and say "hey guys, tell me what you think?"
See this for reference I suggest you head over to the New Members area > Replica - FAQ > https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/replica-faq/136582-a-little-on-qc-pics lots of other great advice etc for new members.

I suggest you remove all but maybe one of your QC pics and reference something specifically like this:

Your post should be something more like this:
Hey guys, new here. I have read a lot about reps and I am excited to get my 1st rep. I just got my 1st set of QC pics and I can't help buy wonder if my dial is misaligned? Please take a look at the pic below and reference the marked up areas around the 12, 3, 6 & 9. WTF, the 12 & the 6 look fine but the alignment of @ 3 & 9 look like crapola. What gives? Should I red light or green light:

Had you posted something like I have above I would have been able to just say:

Green Light this one. This is caused by the watch being tilted upward or the camera lens being slightly below 90 degrees to the face of the watch. It is just an illusion because the bezel is closer to the camera than the dial and everything will line up perfectly when you get in in hand.

Reactions: lumentin

ansoncopeland

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/2/20
This is not the place to throw up all your QC pics and say "hey guys, tell me what you think?"
See this for reference I suggest you head over to the New Members area > Replica - FAQ > https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/replica-faq/136582-a-little-on-qc-pics lots of other great advice etc for new members.

I suggest you remove all but maybe one of your QC pics and reference something specifically like this:

Your post should be something more like this:
Hey guys, new here. I have read a lot about reps and I am excited to get my 1st rep. I just got my 1st set of QC pics and I can't help buy wonder if my dial is misaligned? Please take a look at the pic below and reference the marked up areas around the 12, 3, 6 & 9. WTF, the 12 & the 6 look fine but the alignment of @ 3 & 9 look like crapola. What gives? Should I red light or green light:

Had you posted something like I have above I would have been able to just say:

Green Light this one. This is caused by the watch being tilted upward or the camera lens being slightly below 90 degrees to the face of the watch. It is just an illusion because the bezel is closer to the camera than the dial and everything will line up perfectly when you get in in hand.

Hi, I apologize for making a very general post. I will do what you said next time for sure. In the meantime, I will remove the pictures except for one. Thanks for giving me feedback

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
Hi, I apologize for making a very general post. I will do what you said next time for sure. In the meantime, I will remove the pictures except for one. Thanks for giving me feedback

No problem. I know you are new and this is not a new thing....
Was I right and that was what you were referring to or was it in fact something else?

iamxd

9/8/17
Europe
I have a problem with the dive extension, it opens very easily even when I put on the watch normally.

Is there an easy fix so that it doesn't open when unintended. At the beginning it was good but it got worse over time and is pretty annoying.

jpchub

Renowned Member
7/12/18
Cape Town
I have a problem with the dive extension, it opens very easily even when I put on the watch normally.

Is there an easy fix so that it doesn't open when unintended. At the beginning it was good but it got worse over time and is pretty annoying.

mine also does it. quite annoying. I don't have an answer for this, and doubt there is without changing to gen clasp. mine is on nato now, so life is better :)

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16

I don't have a fix, but I can't help but wonder if you might possibly not be closing it correctly. Are you 100% positive you are doing it correctly?

I just tried mine once or twice just to see how it works and then I left it alone. Are you actually using the Dive extension for it's intended purpose?

Therion666

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
26/12/13
It can be a problem if not closed correctly, it's the same with the gen. First you have to stick it in at a 90 degree angle and then close it. I'm pretty sure that's your problem.

Last edited:

jpchub

Renowned Member
7/12/18
Cape Town
I close mine correctly by sticking it in at the 90 degree angle, and still comes open easily. mine doesn't have a definite 'click' when closing.

Therion666

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
26/12/13
I close mine correctly by sticking it in at the 90 degree angle, and still comes open easily. mine doesn't have a definite 'click' when closing.

Oh.. That's a bummer.. That sure does ruin the overall impression of this great rep.. I wonder how much TDs charge for a spare bracelet.

Cloney Lovely, congrats :) Does it feel much better than VSF rep nato straps?

Reactions: Cloney

iamxd

9/8/17
Europe
Yes it is fully closed, but due to the weight of the watch it opens by itself when the clasp is open.

Really annoying, I'm thinking about switching to a different strap if there's no easy fix.

jpchub

Renowned Member
7/12/18
Cape Town
Yes it is fully closed, but due to the weight of the watch it opens by itself when the clasp is open.

Really annoying, I'm thinking about switching to a different strap if there's no easy fix.

I wonder if MK's bracelet is good. the SEL is also much closer to gen. so maybe worth trying out.

Cloney

Supporter
13/12/16
Germany
Oh.. That's a bummer.. That sure does ruin the overall impression of this great rep.. I wonder how much TDs charge for a spare bracelet.

Cloney Lovely, congrats :) Does it feel much better than VSF rep nato straps?

Thx Bro, it actually feels better than VSF nato.
whether the feeling is worth € 150, everyone has to know for himselve. it's really not cheap....
i like the blue/grey nato on the 300M, I don't know if VSF produces it

Reactions: Therion666

k4jun

Ω Section Moderator
Section Moderator
Certified
25/4/15

This is easy fix.
Both, gen and rep dive extensions do work according to the same rule - it is a mechanism locked by the tension. An inner blade is the spring which creates the tension.
Inner blade may look like it has rectangular shape but it is trapezoidal. Inner blade is wider at the side which connects with a bracelet. When all is closed, the edges of the inner blade are pressing on the edges of the outer blade (red arrows), this is what keeps the lock.

933vc.jpg

Over the time (and metal friction), that blade can de-shape to a rectangular, what breaks the lock.
Just remove the screw which is connecting the bracelet (1.), release the dive extension, and (2.) use a big screwdriver to widen the inner blade to its trapezoidal shape again.

93KzX.jpg