• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Compare ARF 116710LN with the VRF 116710LN

jcher

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
1/8/17
Can you elaborate? I just ordered the VRF thinking I can swap the bracelet and be good to go.

On my VRF the issue comes from the lug holes, I have swapped bracelet and even tried with gen springbars without success :/

BiH855

18/3/19
Germany
2 questions. Where did you get only movement and how you brush the bracelet? (I guess thats what your brushing)

I got the movement local but it's available everywhere over the internet, also saw it here in the sales area and I think TD's can also source it.
I will brush the whole watch, I don't like the brushing on the lugs, every lug looks different how it reflects the light and the lugs are slightly rounded, needs to be more straight surface imo... also the overall brushing is different from gen, will try to brush it or let someone do it, dunno yet..

Reactions: Cadows

BiH855

18/3/19
Germany
Was really surprised by the VR datewheel, wanted to put an old gen DW in, but it was sitting slightly low so have put the VR back in and it's really really close to gen imo, for me absolutely okay and since it's sitting better in the window I will let it as it is. Have made some comparison pics between gen and the VR datewheel. Also some pics of the gen datewheel sitting sligthly too low..

92xWD.jpg

920xY.jpg

92RsE.jpg

92Eht.jpg

92vRF.jpg

92sUp.jpg

92dDc.jpg

Last edited:

jcher

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
1/8/17
So what is your issue exactly? It's too loose?

To me the SELs are uneven on my VRF as per the picture I posted (#486) when on the ARF they are simply perfect!

When it comes to my builds, inconveniently, so far I haven't been able to install the GEN bezel / insert on the ARF so the swap is still ongoing...

Any members who experienced the same ?

Dissemination

Renowned Member
15/6/19
San Jose, CA
To me the SELs are uneven on my VRF as per the picture I posted (#486) when on the ARF they are simply perfect!

When it comes to my builds, inconveniently, so far I haven't been able to install the GEN bezel / insert on the ARF so the swap is still ongoing...

Any members who experienced the same ?

Lol brother I was so confused but now I think I *might* see it. But never would have noticed had you not pointed it out. But I get it. With reps we like ~90-95% accuracy. Frankens we want ~98-99% accuracy.

jcher

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
1/8/17
Lol brother I was so confused but now I think I *might* see it. But never would have noticed had you not pointed it out. But I get it. With reps we like ~90-95% accuracy. Frankens we want ~98-99% accuracy.

I forgot to mention I was OCD, you may have figured :) :)

In all honesty I wish I could use the VRF case as the movement is held by screws when ARF uses tabs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dissemination

Renowned Member
15/6/19
San Jose, CA
I forgot to mention I was OCD, you may have figured :) :)

In all honesty I wish I could use the VRF case as the movement is held by screws when ARF uses tabs

I decided to go with VRF for the same reason (movement screws. And ARF is currently not available lol).. and plan on getting the case reworked. I suppose the SEL issue you speak of could be caught with careful QC? If the VRF bracelet sel is "perfect," the ARF bracelet SEL should be too..?

jcher

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
1/8/17
I decided to go with VRF for the same reason (movement screws. And ARF is currently not available lol).. and plan on getting the case reworked. I suppose the SEL issue you speak of could be caught with careful QC? If the VRF bracelet sel is "perfect," the ARF bracelet SEL should be too..?

Agreed, careful QC should do ;-)

Peekman

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/3/20
Not sure if this has been posted (im new and did not bother to browse all the page to find out) but i have the gen if someone can borrow me a rep for comparison

padorkous

Known Member
13/1/17
Not sure if this has been posted (im new and did not bother to browse all the page to find out) but i have the gen if someone can borrow me a rep for comparison

Any pics of the gen?

Peekman

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/3/20

Rawbe

I'm Pretty Popular
8/4/15
CA, USA

Great first post, so kind of you mate. How many reps shall we send you? Do you want one from each rep factory to compare for accuracy? Thanks again for taking the time to do this, i know you didn't want to waste time reading the thread.

mari115

Put Some Respect On My Name
9/6/18
Nearer than you think
I got my ARF 116710 and i have a VRF 116710 incoming, was thinking of swapping the whole block dial-movement: keep the ARF bracelet, case, bezel, insert and put inside VRF's movement and dial. But i wanted to keep ARF's Hands, since they seem way better and have a very nice 3D effect, do you guys know if they can mount on the VRF's pinion? Am i wrong or have i read somewhere that it's not the best idea?

Reactions: jcher

jcher

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
1/8/17
I got my ARF 116710 and i have a VRF 116710 incoming, was thinking of swapping the whole block dial-movement: keep the ARF bracelet, case, bezel, insert and put inside VRF's movement and dial. But i wanted to keep ARF's Hands, since they seem way better and have a very nice 3D effect, do you guys know if they can mount on the VRF's pinion? Am i wrong or have i read somewhere that it's not the best idea?

Hi, it should work - just be careful when installing the hands not scratching the dial with the VR3185

jcher

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
1/8/17
Ok thanks!

I'm currently installing a VR3185 into an ARF 116710. I have a gen xtal, datewheel, dial, bezel and insert. Only issue so far is the bezel and insert that i can't manage to install into the ARF...

Reactions: Rufctr2