• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF AP 15500

kobe24

Renowned Member
19/7/16
More HD pics :)
201010mf922ffcefe9fffb.jpg

201012oq5jfh6gbyrqsf0x.jpg

201011f31v1cjo4bfutezb.jpg

201012jtcs4es3u44e4srt.jpg

201014a8bq581oqbylz6be.jpg
201014b59kcjmq44bzjcdq.jpg
201015bddxnxopmmmxw7pd.jpg

dellboye

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/5/19
Great photos Kobe. Its pushed me into getting one.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
Batch issue with the gens? Would be not the first time AP is fucking something up.

do you even read what you write? How can something be off if the righteous owner of the initial design decides to make something the way it is? And how can something be off if it resembles the initial design approach?

Please do yourself a favor and don‘t come up with another batch conspiracy or a comparison with your reps in front of a shop window.

Back on track - there is nothing to fix nor off if various gens on pictures and even in person (for example legend‘s iteration) are comparable close to the rep.

To close this rant from my side - it is of course talking down on a new release in a specific way.

...a kind of bad habit to start criticism with supposedly bad aspects. That implies to follow up with the pros of the topic - you didn‘t even name them.
you rather focus on using profane language without backing your claims - and like i mentioned this isn‘t the first time you act in such a way.

Not here to educate you in manners - who am i to do so - don‘t get me wrong.
Just want the forum to be prevented from uneducated claims that can become a horrendous trend towards the objectivity that is to seek while gathering rational thoughts.

gilrob

Legendary Member
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
If someone cares to send me his rep 15500 I’ll be happy to do a side by side comparison and do a free rotor silence and service on the watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When you do this comparison/review, can you please include the lug to lug dimensions of both the rep and gen. Thank you.

aristole

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
23/8/19
wow at least they did not recycle bezels from the 15400...I have to admit this is quite an excellent watch btw

Gonna get one, grey dial...

micomp3

Known Member
13/5/16
do you even read what you write? How can something be off if the righteous owner of the initial design decides to make something the way it is? And how can something be off if it resembles the initial design approach?

Please do yourself a favor and don‘t come up with another batch conspiracy or a comparison with your reps in front of a shop window.

Back on track - there is nothing to fix nor off if various gens on pictures and even in person (for example legend‘s iteration) are comparable close to the rep.

To close this rant from my side - it is of course talking down on a new release in a specific way.

...a kind of bad habit to start criticism with supposedly bad aspects. That implies to follow up with the pros of the topic - you didn‘t even name them.
you rather focus on using profane language without backing your claims - and like i mentioned this isn‘t the first time you act in such a way.

Not here to educate you in manners - who am i to do so - don‘t get me wrong.
Just want the forum to be prevented from uneducated claims that can become a horrendous trend towards the objectivity that is to seek while gathering rational thoughts.

Now this is spot on. I’ve always had a distaste to his critique’s on APs.

Sent from the RWI mobile app

ToniMontono

Known Member
25/2/19
UK
Can't wait for the full comparison :) glad this released would've missed this and put an order in for a 15400. Did a quick comparison with pics of the rep vs gen, the only obvious tell i see is the movement deco but on wrist its spot on. Looking great!

Last edited:

N0tail_

1/6/17
The blue dial looks underwhelming in early photos as per usual. Looks like we'll have to wait for some in-hand pics to really see what the colour is like.

We're being so spoilt for choice with AP releases these days, not to mention there are a few more 15202 variants coming out soon too.

Reactions: IWCAP

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
Blue will be spot on, you can't capture it with a camera same problem was with the 15400 its to vibrant (like the Gen).

BIONONE

You didnt watch the youtube video didnt you? Also i don't care what do you think about me :D i'am not a AP fanboy who approves any flaw. Even not on Gen if somebody is dumb enough to pay 20k for a dial with dust and shit on it, do it! I would not do it :D its so simple.

Its just pure fanboyism, like the Rolex guys which never see any flaw on there submariners even smoke mentioned misaligned markers on Gens etc. But like i said you didnt watch the youtube video so yeah. Also because iam tired to discuss with you i will just ignore your posts.

P.S.: Who did the investigation on the XF 15202 screws postition? Ahhhhh that was me who did search for the serialnumbers and found the exact same models with the exact same bezel and screw position. Everybody was criticizing it :D i was the only one who actually looked it up like i looked it up on the 15400. Where was you? Ahhhh right you did nothing (like always). Thats why i don't write a review about the 15400 ZF because iam sick of this talking the whole time.

I have eyes and i see flaws and thats it. End of Story and now back to topic.

Last edited:

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
jonnybaws Xilikon

Thank you both for offering to send your watches. Please give me a while while I consolidate your requests with the PMs received. If what I plan for works out, you guys will have your watches on the way to me soon. :)

Tigerdragon
I think we all know that you are good with youtube videos and internet pics and occasionally looking at the gens through shop windows. But some of us, are actually gen owners.
There is no batch issue with my 15500, nor does the rep has the issue you mentioned. You will realize that you were the guy who tried to send me a pic off the net convincing me that the AP ROO rotors are rose gold, when I told you that they are yellow gold. I do not need your pics or videos to convince me, I have the gen watch physically with me.

While I appreciate some of the valid points you raised, you need to stop posting like an expert, as a lot of members will be misled by your posts. Please remember that anyone can google and use youtube, but if you want to pontificate, at least please own a gen instead of relying on pics. Its the equivalent of using google translate instead of properly learning a foreign language haha.
I agree with BIONONE that you have been putting down the new releases lately without much justification. There is one guy here like that. The difference with QueTip is that he actually knows his gens and his reps and has the proper knowledge to back up his statements each time. And when he wanted to show me a point, he showed me his watch in hand, alongside with the rep. Now that is real credibility, instead of using pics off the net and youtube videos to illustrate his points. Please don't do that, as everyone here can do the same for himself. It does not make you an expert sir, nor does it make your facts correct.

Lets enjoy the forum together, but I will have you know that there is nothing wrong with my gen, and certainly nothing wrong with the rep release in this regard. Please carry on, but try to respect the fact that there are gen owners in our midst. Trying to show them youtube videos to convince them that their gens are flawed according to your opinion will be like the showing the river to the ocean.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
But he made some good reviews, no?

Depends on who you ask. Completely new members may find his reviews impressive.

Also it depends on whether you want opinions (which all of us have) or you want facts.
I think that tigerdragon made a good review about the reps from different factories (forgot the title but it’s the only one of his reviews I completed reading lol). But when it comes to anything to do with gens I prefer to do my own observations. Google and YouTube are not my preferred sources of education when it comes to gen, or even rep watches.

So there are opinions and there are facts. There are countless of the former and one version of the latter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Allure

daracus

Horology Curious
28/12/18
Hi all, while I do not wish to take sides with either party in this minor misunderstanding, I do believe that what Tigerdragon says has some merit, albeit putting it across or justifying it in a way that might have ruffled some feathers.

ajm74.jpg
ajq3I.jpg

If you look at the aforementioned pictures, the bottom image of each collage is a gen 15500 I tried on, while the other is the HD image of the ZF 15500 that kobe24 has provided us with.

Looking at the edge of the tapisserie at 9 o’clock, you will notice on the gen that the edge of the next ‘pattern’ does in fact appear, with the majority of the ‘pattern’ being hidden by the minute track. However on the ZF 15500, this ‘pattern’ simply stops, leaving an awkward space where there should exist a continuation of the tapisserie ‘pattern’. Looking at the gorgeous gen that legend has, it is also apparent on his 15500 that the edge of the ‘pattern’ does exist at 9 o’clock, with the majority being hidden by the minute track. The aforementioned occurs at the 6 o'clock marker as well.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions but I think that properly articulating our reasons for our opinions instead of shooting each other down with curt remarks will serve to enhance the collective experience we have here at RWI :)

Last edited:

Smitty1782

18/2/16
Hi all, while I do not wish to take sides with either party in this minor misunderstanding, I do believe that what Tigerdragon says has some merit, albeit putting it across or justifying it in a way that might have ruffled some feathers.

ajm74.jpg
ajq3I.jpg

If you look at the aforementioned pictures, the bottom image of each collage is a gen 15500 I tried on, while the other is the HD image of the ZF 15500 that kobe24 has provided us with.

Looking at the edge of the tapisserie at 9 o’clock, you will notice on the gen that the edge of the next ‘pattern’ does in fact appear, with the majority of the ‘pattern’ being hidden by the minute track. However on the ZF 15500, this ‘pattern’ simply stops, leaving an awkward space where there should exist a continuation of the tapisserie ‘pattern’. Looking at the gorgeous gen that legend has, it is also apparent on his 15500 that the edge of the ‘pattern’ does exist at 9 o’clock, with the majority being hidden by the minute track. The aforementioned occurs at the 6 o'clock marker as well.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions but I think that properly articulating our reasons for our opinions instead of shooting each other down with curt remarks will serve to enhance the collective experience we have here at RWI :)

Pretty sure thats strictly the angle of the picture... Check out the 2nd pic here...

https://puretimewatch.io/news/ap-new...let-a4302.html

The bevel of the crystal and the polished rehaut cause some funky illusions depending on the angle of the shot.

Last edited:
Reactions: smegma

Smitty1782

18/2/16
Disregard above.. Haha, I thought you were referring to the white PRINTED minute marker @ the 9 o'clock.

ToniMontono

Known Member
25/2/19
UK

ajm74.jpg
ajq3I.jpg

It looks to be a very minor flaw from these pics and pics on puretime look at this one from another angle.
https://puretimewatch.io/media/magpleasure/mpblog/upload/2/0/202616a0a19ad35bb37e35b4269860f4.jpg

But from a distant the missing pattern 9'oclock on gen may look like empty space too as the missing pattern/tapisserie are literal dots. It is very slight minuscule tapisserie, hard to miss which makes good imo.