• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF AP 15500

jonnybaws

I'm Pretty Popular
30/5/14
kobe24
IMG-0282-2.jpg

Look good enough for me.. ordered the Grey dial...

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
Is that the final dial? Then they fucked it up look at 9 oclock, 3 oclock and 6 oclock, pattern is missing.

jcguo0516

4/12/18
Is that the final dial? Then they fucked it up look at 9 oclock, 3 oclock and 6 oclock, pattern is missing.

i think it's probably not noticeable on the wrist with the black dial, just like the date font issue

on the wrist, it will be stunning like the picture kobe is showing

Last edited:

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Is the date font still wrong on this final release?

The second hand, hand pinion are tells. So is the position and print method of the “Swiss made” text. The date font is of course different from gen. These differences are academic rather than real life debilitations though.

I have to say I like this rep better than the 15400 reps and I like the attention to details the rep makers are showing for this. Of course the movement is nothing like the gen but this is a rep, and I think that visually it replicates the gen well enough. Not perfect naturally but for the price, there is nothing to pick on.

Unlike some here I do not base my comments on google findings or YouTube videos. Those can be misleading and anyone can google lol.
If someone cares to send me his rep 15500 I’ll be happy to do a side by side comparison and do a free rotor silence and service on the watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

guessit

17/11/19
Thanks for your explanation legend. I already own a black ZF 15400. What do you think about this 15500 blue dial?

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Thanks for your explanation legend. I already own a black ZF 15400. What do you think about this 15500 blue dial?

I think that the blue 15500 will be stunning on the wrist. It is a well made rep, better than the 15400 rep IMHO.
Yes there will always be a few minor annoying tells but these are not noticeable in real life. Movement remains a tell upon inspection of course but it’s something which will never be seen as long as you keep the watch on your wrist yes?
Get it if you like it, it’ll be a very nice watch in real life. The discussion of differences between gen and rep is mainly for the reference of forum members but they’re not real concerns for real life wearing for this rep.

jonnybaws

I'm Pretty Popular
30/5/14
The second hand, hand pinion are tells. So is the position and print method of the “Swiss made” text. The date font is of course different from gen. These differences are academic rather than real life debilitations though.

I have to say I like this rep better than the 15400 reps and I like the attention to details the rep makers are showing for this. Of course the movement is nothing like the gen but this is a rep, and I think that visually it replicates the gen well enough. Not perfect naturally but for the price, there is nothing to pick on.

Unlike some here I do not base my comments on google findings or YouTube videos. Those can be misleading and anyone can google lol.
If someone cares to send me his rep 15500 I’ll be happy to do a side by side comparison and do a free rotor silence and service on the watch.

Where you based, I may just do that..
Won't be until after CNY...
Also, I like the Grey but you think Blue from the current release maybe better?
Real world problems hey!!

AP2003

Known Member
15/11/19
I am actually thinking of replacing my grey dial 15400 with a Grey dial 15500. My grey dial 15400 is slimmed. But I just don't like thin watches. It is weird because before it was slimmed, it didn't feel right on the wrist, now it does, but I don't like it.
I wonder how this 15500 feels on the wrist

Reactions: SRG89

Xilikon

20/8/19
Finally made a order for the ZF grey dial 15500. legend do you want to use mine to compare with your gen ?

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
There is nothing to explain. The rep is correct VS gen in that regard.

Interesting I never saw that on the gens I saw. Batch issue with the gens? Would be not the first time AP is fucking something up.

BIONONE

Iam not talking anything down be reminded that I bought the 15400 after I critized it to make me an own picture. On all the 15500 gens I saw this issue was not present even kobe said in the startpost that they fix that issue. AP are also making mistakes in the past they are not "perfect" as it seems like that one YouTube video were someone shows the flaws on the new RO diver with dust and not printed underside of second hand etc.

Would be also not the first time that AP changes the tapseries and colors in the series.

https://youtu.be/Z_Umb_S-RDM

Check this out.

Last edited: