• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF AP 15500

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17
Me too, lets see which dial colours are going to come out first!

ScuderiaPT

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/6/17
Europe
I was thinking 15400 zf in white but when I see this new model and pictures from Kobe24, i have change my mind.

Maybe this year will be AP 15400/15500 and 15202 incoming the collection ????

rayz20

Renowned Member
29/6/17
Let’s see how good it actually is.
Difficult to judge only by TD pictures.

Watcherswatch

Known Member
16/6/16
10.5 was not what I love but it seems like they didn't wanna play much with V1 and V2. For my untrained eye, looks great and movement deco seems also great :) Quick Dial Change would be the only thing I would probably want more from ZF

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
10.5 was not what I love but it seems like they didn't wanna play much with V1 and V2. For my untrained eye, looks great and movement deco seems also great :) Quick Dial Change would be the only thing I would probably want more from ZF

Movement decoration is completely different from gen. If you’re saying it looks good on its own I do agree. But the engraving, faux jewels, finish and of course layout of the movement are all completely off. Movement looks and declaration remain weak points of the royal oak reps if accuracy to gen is taken into serious account.

Dial wise, the tapisseries look wrong to me at first glance but I’ve not studied them to be fair. Datewheel font also doesn’t look right upon casual inspection. I may be wrong. The above two points are casual impressions vs in depth observations.

And what do the above translate to in real life? Probably a good looking watch on the wrist. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Watcherswatch

Known Member
16/6/16
Movement decoration is completely different from gen. If you’re saying it looks good on its own I do agree. But the engraving, faux jewels, finish and of course layout of the movement are all completely off. Movement looks and declaration remain weak points of the royal oak reps if accuracy to gen is taken into serious account.

Dial wise, the tapisseries look wrong to me at first glance but I’ve not studied them to be fair. Datewheel font also doesn’t look right upon casual inspection. I may be wrong. The above two points are casual impressions vs in depth observations.

And what do the above translate to in real life? Probably a good looking watch on the wrist. :)

I always enjoy how you close about all these comparisons! Especially with trained eyes like yours which can spot differences instantly. ‚Probably a good looking watch on the wrist‘ <— best quote since I joined rwi!

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17

It's very interesting how they still managed to use the Miyota regardless of the bigger size of the deco plate due to the bigger gen movement.

Also I think you are right in that they really didn't solve the problem with the date wheel printing. Maybe kobe24 can comment on this?

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
The datewheel font does not have the micro-gaps at the joints of the arms. The lower joint of the "2" in 28 should have the micro gap at a 45 degree angle and it's missing. The font they presented earlier looked 'good enough', and due to date wheel printers lacking that type of micro equipment, I bet ZF just wanted to release it for now. Look specifically at the 8 in "18" and the "2" in "12" to see

P1111649.jpg

WumqL.png

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
It would be interesting to know how visible this actually is to the naked eye. I mean don't get me wrong, zoomed in and blown up on a screen it’s obvious. But theres not even a cyclops on these, is a tiny little micro gap actually visible even with the watch close to your face, let alone at arms length when it definitely wouldn’t be

Phantomtech

I'm Pretty Popular
28/12/12
It would be interesting to know how visible this actually is to the naked eye. I mean don't get me wrong, zoomed in and blown up on a screen it’s obvious. But theres not even a cyclops on these, is a tiny little micro gap actually visible even with the watch close to your face, let alone at arms length when it definitely wouldn’t be

0% visibility to the naked eye even from a few inches away.

Reactions: Dr Fun Socks

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
Puretime is still the prototpye dial, look at "Swiss Made" its still misses the texture like the prototype watch on page 1. Iam so sick of this prototype bullshit.

They did the same shit with the 15400 which has still the prototype dial on their page lol (look at swiss made its still the wrong dial).

SHB i think you did mentioned it right? With the 15400 dial and the flat swiss made.

Last edited:
Reactions: vcappp and Rolemars