• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New release: Aqua Terra with 8400 clone movement

jaredjohnson

26/2/17
We really need a side by side comparison of the blue dial. In general, the rep looks great, and for the money, it's a steel.
However, after inspecting the details of the
Gen (under "warm" light), I really think the blue rep is not quite there, and most probably it will never be.
The white and black ones are very, very good. Will probably buy the bumblebee next. Eventually, the omega logo and font are a little bit too bold?

Gen:
6a41555ce9a9eeed94a1da541e32af82.jpg

I think you're correct, the logo and the font are much more refined on gen. By the way, I think the rep omega font is quite uneven, but it should not be visible to the naked eye, and the white version seems to look much better in that sense.

5bu0.png

5v0D.png

5bu0

jaredjohnson

26/2/17
After a small research, it seems that the logos on these new Aqua Terras are quite badly made. There are some metal notches here and there, and the lettering seems to be bolder than on the original. However, the black one is quite ok, the white is nearly perfect and the blue one is the worst. But again, this might be a matter of one specific watch or the whole batch, idk.

Razorig2

8/6/18
London
Need some outdoor shots to see how the sunburst effect looks and what tone of blue it turns to. I guess hopefully if they make a VSF V2 it shall hopefully rectify the blue dial shade and get it close enough to the gen.

Chemicalz

Renowned Member
27/2/15
We really need a side by side comparison of the blue dial. In general, the rep looks great, and for the money, it's a steel.
However, after inspecting the details of the
Gen (under "warm" light), I really think the blue rep is not quite there, and most probably it will never be.
The white and black ones are very, very good. Will probably buy the bumblebee next. Eventually, the omega logo and font are a little bit too bold?

Gen:
6a41555ce9a9eeed94a1da541e32af82.jpg

This seems to be the 38mm version
The 41mm version without the metal frame aroudn the date looks darker:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjJNFwfXd2U

Just a photo side by side can tell

imranbecks

I'm Pretty Popular
17/11/15
The Neutral Zone
This seems to be the 38mm version
The 41mm version without the metal frame aroudn the date looks darker:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjJNFwfXd2U

Just a photo side by side can tell

Not sure what you are on about but the photo posted earlier that you quoted of the gen is the 41.5mm. That's not the 38.5. You can tell if it's the 41.5 or the 38.5 by the position of the date window. There is a space on the right side of the date window on the 41.5. On the 38.5, the date window is very close to the minute scale on the dial.

43021776975_e070d0cc86_b.jpg

43021776965_5fe58702a4_b.jpg

Last edited:

cheld

Renowned Member
Supporter
7/3/18
I think you're correct, the logo and the font are much more refined on gen. By the way, I think the rep omega font is quite uneven, but it should not be visible to the naked eye, and the white version seems to look much better in that sense.

5bu0

The little piece of script on the left of the first "e" in "Seamaster" isn't aligned properly either.

Chemicalz

Renowned Member
27/2/15
Not sure what you are on about but the photo posted earlier that you quoted of the gen is the 41.5mm. That's not the 38.5. You can tell if it's the 41.5 or the 38.5 by the position of the date window. There is a space on the right side of the date window on the 41.5. On the 38.5, the date window is very close to the minute scale on the dial.

43021776975_e070d0cc86_b.jpg

43021776965_5fe58702a4_b.jpg

I didnt know about that, anyway, the video i posted has a very similar dial color to the rep

Matty369

Supporter
Certified
24/8/16
EU
I'm fine with people looking for mistakes but some of you guys are pushing too far. Cropped images of suspicious details that cannot be seen with naked eye and rep is immediately considered bad.
My biggest question right now is the dial color on blue model correct. Everything else I saw from the pictures, with my naked eye, is damn fine.
According to these two images, one is gen and other is QC of rep, I can't really complain:

jaredjohnson

26/2/17
I'm fine with people looking for mistakes but some of you guys are pushing too far. Cropped images of suspicious details that cannot be seen with naked eye and rep is immediately considered bad.
My biggest question right now is the dial color on blue model correct. Everything else I saw from the pictures, with my naked eye, is damn fine.
According to these two images, one is gen and other is QC of rep, I can't really complain:

I never said that the rep is bad, it's 1/10 of the price for Christ's sake. I'm just quite surprised that they did not get it right.

Ac777

Known Member
16/4/15
I just ordered the black one, just to be on the safe side. If the blue color turns out to be close to Gen, I'll order that one too. I'll post QC pics when they arrive!

imranbecks

I'm Pretty Popular
17/11/15
The Neutral Zone
I didnt know about that,

Well now you do ;)

Anyway, as the owner of the blue gen AT, let me just say that from the photos and videos that i've seen of the blue dial rep here, it looks very very close to the gen. The shade of blue is slightly different, but only just. It looks really good for a rep and i'm really surprised by it. This new one from VSF is no doubt miles better than the previous ones made before this.

With regards to the applied Omega logo, yes, it doesn't look really sharp or clean on the rep. But I guess that is to be expected. Pretty sure that with the naked eye and when seen in the flesh and around the wrist, it's not very noticeable. Plus you have the striking dial to distract you from the somewhat rough Omega logo.

So unless you want to spend money on the perfect gen, this VSF rep, no matter which colour you choose, is perhaps the closest you can have to the gen without having to fork out too much money on.

Enjoy and have fun wearing it!

​​​​​
41893977820_fbbb705b66_b.jpg

Last edited:

Ac777

Known Member
16/4/15
Well, ordered the black version and just received my QC pictures. They sent accidentally sent the blue version. And there's a new watch brand out. .. Dmega! Lol
And look how that G is slanted!

VWrgA.jpg

Look out guys!

Reactions: mech500

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/5/16
Well, ordered the black version and just received my QC pictures. They sent accidentally sent the blue version. And there's a new watch brand out. .. Dmega! Lol
And look how that G is slanted!

VWrgA.jpg

Look out guys!

This is terrible, specially because some time before this was a non-issue. Some members think you should accept it because, well, it´s a rep. I say reject this fail.

Matty369

Supporter
Certified
24/8/16
EU
This is terrible, specially because some time before this was a non-issue. Some members think you should accept it because, well, it´s a rep. I say reject this fail.

He shouldn't accept this because this is evidently epic fail. But on QC picture below, is not fail, and its perfectly fine.

GEN

REP

reppin

Renowned Member
27/5/12

nobody would tell him to accept this as these are clearly big issues, not the usual nitpicking nonsense we mostly see

Ac777

Known Member
16/4/15
nobody would tell him to accept this as these are clearly big issues, not the usual nitpicking nonsense we mostly see

No, I didn't accept this one. First because I ordered the black version.

And a flaw like that isn't acceptable, if I ordered the blue version I would have turned it down as well.

​​​​​​Can't believe that something like that snuck in, and the TD didn't notice a huge flaw like that before sending me the pictures.

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
No, I didn't accept this one. First because I ordered the black version.

And a flaw like that isn't acceptable, if I ordered the blue version I would have turned it down as well.

​​​​​​Can't believe that something like that snuck in, and the TD didn't notice a huge flaw like that before sending me the pictures.

Well.....
This is exactly why they send QC pics. Just because 1 watch got past both the maker's QC and past the TD does not mean that all of a sudden this model is garbage. It just means that someone had a bad day, didn't have their coffee yet, had too much coffee, had a sick kid, whatever.....

Just reject, and move on to the next one.

I would, however, put that TD on Probation. To me, to send QC pics of a blue watch when a black one was ordered is a bigger red flag of general sloppiness than missing the logo issue.

If you haven't already done so, give one of the smaller TD's a try. I have bought from most all of them and have found that I like working with a smaller shop like Lucy, Sead or Mary. I have always had good customer service and they seem to be better about getting a nice sample of whatever watch I am after.

Reactions: Razorig2

Puqq

Looking Around
16/7/18
I just received QC pictures for a blue aqua terra V6F from a TD. What do you think?

I have requested dial close up and side picture (for dial colour)

IMG_6862.jpg

IMG_6864.jpg

IMG_6866.jpg

IMG_6868.jpg

IMG_6870.jpg

Last edited: