• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

2015 Noob (Limited Edition) Liquid Metal Planet Ocean 42mm (LMPO) Review

efthimis

Mythical Poster
20/6/15
I got one for a friend a couple months ago but that one was a Ceramic PO, I was quite impressed but the bracelet felt too light, almost hollow compared to my gen. Then I checked the gen in a Omega boutique and realized that indeed is designed to be lighter, maybe because ceramic models have to be lighter

Sent from my iPhone

Ac777

Known Member
16/4/15
Yes the worst let down was the case set. I am going to drop it in to the watchmaker to get it sorted if he can do it. It is really bugging me that a diver watch is not waterproof. I will keep everyone posted with the result when I get it done. However mine could be a one off as I have not seen anyone else writing about this issue. But I have not been reading that much about it since I got it.

I just waterproofed mine, around, payed around 15usd to do that.
My watchmaker (ex-rolex) was really impressed with the movement, i still think he thinks it's swiss.

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
7/10/15
Ireland
I just waterproofed mine, around, payed around 15usd to do that.
My watchmaker (ex-rolex) was really impressed with the movement, i still think he thinks it's swiss.

Yep that is what my watchmaker usually charges me to waterproof and pressure test. Good to hear your watch is fine :)

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
7/10/15
Ireland
Grateful for the review yllekp you definitely made me a believer. Hopefully this will be my next watch.

Don't be afraid to reject QCs if you see an orange hand or really bad lume job. The quality of this batch does seem to be inconsistent.

I got one for a friend a couple months ago but that one was a Ceramic PO, I was quite impressed but the bracelet felt too light, almost hollow compared to my gen. Then I checked the gen in a Omega boutique and realized that indeed is designed to be lighter, maybe because ceramic models have to be lighter

Sent from my iPhone
+1 on the hollow feeling of the bracelet however this is made up for by the weight of the watch head. I was thinking about getting a WSO heavy bracelet for it, but have not bothered yet. Concentrating on parts for the SMP atm. Yep the gen. CrPOs do feel light in general, I was surprised too.

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
7/10/15
Ireland
Has the orange tipped seconds hand bee fixed yet?
No idea some have it some don't the re-release seems to have gone down like a lead balloon. There is very little written about it. I have seen plenty of them with red hands in various photos around the site.

solly84

Known Member
26/8/15
As much as i wanna get this rep, but the lume job is horrible really and i am not the picky type even!!
I have had two QC from TD and. Rejected both cuz of the lume job and then bam the TD told he wont deal with me again as my expectations are high!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

end-er

Horology Curious
10/1/16
Same here mate. I saw a few qc pics and decided to wait for another batch from noob or from another factory as the lume job has some serious flaws on this batch. Unfortunate, as besides the lume I really like this rep.

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
7/10/15
Ireland
As much as i wanna get this rep, but the lume job is horrible really and i am not the picky type even!!
I have had two QC from TD and. Rejected both cuz of the lume job and then bam the TD told he wont deal with me again as my expectations are high!!!

Wow that is unusual for a TD to reject business. They are pretty used to people rejecting QCs I thought.

pressureworld

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/7/07
GA
Can you please explain what exactly was the problem with the lume on the watch. I would like to know what to look out for.

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
7/10/15
Ireland
Can you please explain what exactly was the problem with the lume on the watch. I would like to know what to look out for.

Look at the dial markers. The lume is applied inside these. On some 2015s there seems to be some overspill, although some people complained about this on the 2013 also. This means that the lume has not just filled the space where the markers are but has spilled onto the markers themselves, which should look all metal and not have splashes of lume on them. There is a minuscule overspill on mine on 2 markers, but you really have to super magnify to see it. Certainly not noticeable on the wrist.

qanda

17/12/12
Just an FYI for those interested in this watch:

I contacted Toro who said the waterproofing issue has been fixed. I asked him as well as another TD and they both said there is no plan to make another batch of these watches and that the other flaws were not fixed. On the QC pictures even though it was hard to see the lume overspill under daylight, it was clear on the lume shots (in the dark). The edges of the lumed areas were all inconsistent and not straight.

Seems like there isn't a good replica of a 42MM PO of any kind with a closed back out there. If anyone runs into one please let me know!!!

Hope this helps.

Reactions: uvscfan

end-er

Horology Curious
10/1/16
Exactly, the dark lume shots show serious flaws in the lume job, they seemed clearly inconsistent and irregular to me. I'm not a picky person and I really wanted to buy the watch but then again I don't want to pay 300 euros and get angry every time I look at that lume in the dark :) I'll wait for another batch or get the CRPO.

solly84

Known Member
26/8/15
Wow that is unusual for a TD to reject business. They are pretty used to people rejecting QCs I thought.

It took me some convincing, but finally we agreed that I buy another watch as i was planning to have a refund!!
Maybe a refund was too much to ask for...

pressureworld

24/7/07
GA
Look at the dial markers. The lume is applied inside these. On some 2015s there seems to be some overspill, although some people complained about this on the 2013 also. This means that the lume has not just filled the space where the markers are but has spilled onto the markers themselves, which should look all metal and not have splashes of lume on them. There is a minuscule overspill on mine on 2 markers, but you really have to super magnify to see it. Certainly not noticeable on the wrist.

I'm grateful for your help and knowledge. All of the information you shared has helped me tremendously. I plan to see what's going on later this month. Hopefully my TD will be able to find one that's passable.

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
7/10/15
Ireland
Just an FYI for those interested in this watch:

I contacted Toro who said the waterproofing issue has been fixed. I asked him as well as another TD and they both said there is no plan to make another batch of these watches and that the other flaws were not fixed. On the QC pictures even though it was hard to see the lume overspill under daylight, it was clear on the lume shots (in the dark). The edges of the lumed areas were all inconsistent and not straight.

Seems like there isn't a good replica of a 42MM PO of any kind with a closed back out there. If anyone runs into one please let me know!!!

Hope this helps.

Thank you for that update. They must have improved the case set somehow.

It took me some convincing, but finally we agreed that I buy another watch as i was planning to have a refund!!

That does not seem like a great experience. I hope you are happy with the other choice.

I'm grateful for your help and knowledge. All of the information you shared has helped me tremendously. I plan to see what's going on later this month. Hopefully my TD will be able to find one that's passable.
No problem at all. I really like this watch I am glad that my contributions help.

end-er

Horology Curious
10/1/16

I believe that if the qc pics reveal issues then it's perfectly okay to ask for a refund. After all, we commit to buy a decent product not a faulty one.