• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

JF 21J Frozen Chrono Daytonas

WatchnScotch

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
10/12/10
First World Problems.... You mean I have to push the little buttons on my very accurate $300 replication of a $10,000 watch once a day so all the little hands are pointing perfectly upwards.

Yup, annoying in my opinion and that is all I gave was my opinion. I didn't state anything about it not being a nice looking watch.

And using your same logic, the 7750 watch is too thick, but it is a 300 dollar replica of a $10,000 watch... first world problems.

m5smg2

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
23/8/07
Looks that way guys. Mine shipped already but emailed TD to clarify movement/function.

starman351

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/2/10
The third world now providing first world problems... At a steep discount. Mine is on the way as well. We will see....

D

d4m.test

I will probably still be picking one up, but that is kind of lame that the TDs dont mention the other working subdials. Waiting to hear in person reviews and pick one up on M2M

starman351

14/2/10
My QC for comparison.

E3YYaiD.jpg%3F1

Esavy

Renowned Member
31/5/12
Better lighting for a good comparison to above QC! What do you guys think?

electric

I'm Pretty Popular
14/11/12
I love it, that crown guard trim wild be nice. But who does that?! I want one but 300$ is s bit steep.

starman351

14/2/10
The subdial hands are a bit thinner on your watch. It would appear there was a revision by Rolex at some point because the new ones appear to have wider hands. See below.

daytona-dial.jpg

starman351

14/2/10
In fact the hands on yours almost look like 4030 hands. My guess is your watch is a very early series 4130 model.

m5smg2

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
23/8/07
I know the hands story well. First 2 or 3 years of 116520 had old thinner hands. Then 2004/5 I think when white gold models came out updated to the current wider hands.

On side note, Blue lume and larger clasp after 2012 I think.

Esavy

Renowned Member
31/5/12
interesting , it looks like the 6 hour marker is slightly crooked on the gen ?

Looks like it. Every so slightly :D Just goes to show how blown out of proportion we are at expecting perfection from our reps lol!

A wise man once told me, "Wear your watch with the right amount of confidence, just before arrogance and no one will be the wiser"

The majority of this forum has their mentality all wrong. It's the wearer of the watch that makes it "believable" not the minute details of the watch itself. The game we are playing is to not have your watch questioned in the first place. Just my 2 cents :D

D

d4m.test

My QC for comparison.

E3YYaiD.jpg%3F1
Thanks for posting this sample starman as first hand experience.
Putting it mildly I´m shocked with the qc.
Marker at 2 is not centered
Marker at 3 is tilted
Marker at 6 is tilted
Subdial at 3 has a strange deformation at the 10 mark;
Sel-fit, at least the one at the lower left is not really great;

I´m ok with the 23j movement; I´m ok with the price; I´m not ok at all with the price - if JF can´t get these basics on qc right: there is enough profit margin to have this right, it requires a loupe, pliers and 5 to 15 minutes more time on first assembly.
If one of the first is already like this, sorry but it does not forebode well for the whole batch. The pic is big and overblown and still those markers will be noticeable with the naked eye. I really don´t care if some minor aspects like the length of the pusher or the height of the crystal is 1 mm different from the gen but I need the rep to be consistent in itself. Hopefully this sample is just an exception and the majority will look right. The move itself of presenting us with an improved and thinner Daytona is ok, the subdials at 3 and 9 not being frozen seems like an unnecessary downer, this qc being another. Let´s wait....

watchguyusa1

I'm Pretty Popular
1/10/06
Boca Raton Florida USA
@ Esavy can you measure the thickness of the gen? the information is mixed from 11.2mm to 12.4mm for the gen on the internet , so I would like to know the exact thickness thanks!~

watchguyusa1

I'm Pretty Popular
1/10/06
Boca Raton Florida USA
Thanks for posting this sample starman as first hand experience.
Putting it mildly I´m shocked with the qc.
Marker at 2 is not centered
Marker at 3 is tilted
Marker at 6 is tilted
Subdial at 3 has a strange deformation at the 10 mark;
Sel-fit, at least the one at the lower left is not really great;

I´m ok with the 23j movement; I´m ok with the price; I´m not ok at all with the price - if JF can´t get these basics on qc right: there is enough profit margin to have this right, it requires a loupe, pliers and 5 to 15 minutes more time on first assembly.
If one of the first is already like this, sorry but it does not forebode well for the whole batch. The pic is big and overblown and still those markers will be noticeable with the naked eye. I really don´t care if some minor aspects like the length of the pusher or the height of the crystal is 1 mm different from the gen but I need the rep to be consistent in itself. Hopefully this sample is just an exception and the majority will look right. The move itself of presenting us with an improved and thinner Daytona is ok, the subdials at 3 and 9 not being frozen seems like an unnecessary downer, this qc being another. Let´s wait....

+1 for sure , it seams like JF was a little hasty when assembling these ? the QC from JF should be MUCH better , I got mine from SEAD and he didnt send me any QC pics BUT HE DID ask me if I needed them, I've dealt with him on several orders and just asked him to personally QC it before sending , I asked him for tight sel fitment and straight hour markers, so lets see when I get it in my hands..
after seeing a few QC pics popping up here and at repgeek, I regret already not asking for the QC pics :unsure:
Sead has ALWAYS sent me nice watches without QC issues, so lets hope its the same for this watch !

m5smg2

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
23/8/07
Just got official word, no surprise here, JF did not freeze the 9 and 3 sub dials. They move from day to day. At least we can zero them with the pushers. Next time I wish TDs would include a pic on their site showing this so we know exactly what were buying, instead of being surprised with the QCs pics after we've paid.
39a4531c6e691743e144d10a3d368cbb.jpg
9639638c81325e5c18825c10dbe6cb07.jpg

lukko

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
20/11/12
Italy
@ Esavy can you measure the thickness of the gen? the information is mixed from 11.2mm to 12.4mm for the gen on the internet , so I would like to know the exact thickness thanks!~

edc351491d8ab5da0606ee047ee82f87.jpg

This one is in Gen.

To your questions about the QC ... what I posted are from my order from Sead.
He is a great dealer, but he can not make miracles.
From what I seem to see these watches have poor sel ; and on the dial, in particular at 6 o'clock position, the index are croocked.