• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Has anyone ever been called out on your Panerai Rep ?

PAM1983

I'm Pretty Popular
6/4/15
Just curious on a sore topic that some of us have experienced from time to time. Anyone have any crazy stories? I know this has been discussed on other threads but not about many Panerai instances. Lets hear some stories... and don't post anything about walking into a AD unless it was your friend doing it... LMFAO -Cheers

TheSociety

Put Some Respect On My Name
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
3/8/15
CONUS
All I have to say is that I met Sylvester Stallone yesterday and I wore my Bronzo. And nothing happened :) it's all about confidence my friend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PAM1983

I'm Pretty Popular
6/4/15
All I have to say is that I met Sylvester Stallone yesterday and I wore my Bronzo. And nothing happened :) it's all about confidence my friend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thats impressive:punk:

Ultra929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/9/12
I had a Daylight and wore it for a couple years and took it off and showed it to people and nobody knew a thing but that it was awesome.

SOKN

Known Member
15/7/15
A story with a bit of irony. :)
While on vacation in Turkey. Was wearing my fantasy PAM (a pam270 look-a-like) and walked past a Replica Dealer shop. The presumed owner of the shop (who was outside and hustling customers) took notice of my pam and cried out: Wow.. You have a Panerai! You must be a rich man! The mans face when I turned around and told him its a replica was priceless.

pcardoza

Renowned Member
1/12/14
While nobody has ever called me out for wearing a rep Pam, I've received numerous compliments. I have a Bronzo, which gets the most wrist time, a 389 and a 371 all 47mm, a Daylight and GMT in 44mm. All three 47's have received compliments, I'm guessing because they are so much larger and noticeable than the 44mm Pams.

ebzen02

I'm Pretty Popular
12/4/10
Panerai reps in particular are not going to attract negative attention.. rolex on the other hand..even if it's gen people will call u out.
Btw, had a rolex situation recently..had my 5513 on and during a meeting in front of other coworkers this jack ass looks at my watch and screams it's a fake.. so calmly I ask him why he thought that. He said the hands did not have a smooth sweep.. then I smirked and proceeded to school him on rolex.

Sent from my SM-T807T using Tapatalk

dood

Known Member
14/7/15
Nope, I work in a profession where owning PAMs and Rollies is believable on my income. Many of my colleagues on the same salary own gen Rolex, IWC etc. so nobody thinks to question my reps. I can afford them, but I'd rather spend $500-$900 on a rep with a swiss movement that will give me 99% of the same enjoyment a gen would give me and use the 5-9K I saved on a vacation for the family or something.

If I started showing up to work wearing a Patek grand complication or something I'd probably raise some eyebrows and get called out.

erekose

Renowned Member
Supporter
13/2/12
Tokyo
Never been called out on anything here in Tokyo. And as I am an Italian American male in his 40s with 19" arms I guess I look the part. ...or at least fit the example set by Sly lol.

Sent from my GT-I9295 using Tapatalk

breakpopin

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/6/15
In a few instances where I was wearing my Rep (was a PAM372), I told them it was a rep and they didn't believe me. So yeah there you go. So far have not been called out before! The reps are great.

andman

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
13/11/13
No one has ever called me out.... I have several Gens and reps of all my Gens and I switch and wear them all intermittently .....so anyone calling me out is taking a chance ....!!

ebzen02

I'm Pretty Popular
12/4/10
You have a higher likelihood of being hit by lightening than called out with a modern pam rep..

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

C5000

29/6/12
Was wearing my 380 with Mario strap to dinner w/ friends who have gens, and buddy says to his wife, "Look, he has a radiomir" so I took it off and told him it was about $400. He told me I was full of shit, then we talked. He bought a sub from a TD after becoming a member of our cult. I've gotten compliments on my 111 from a few different gen owners also. A friend recently told me he thought I had a lot of watches because we don't have kids.

Pratt

Put Some Respect On My Name
24/4/13
almost any other day when i wear my weird pams and metris .. LOL