• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Has anyone ever been called out on your Panerai Rep ?

cuore

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/3/15
I've been lucky to have never been called out by others. The reason being that my entourage isn't quite familiar with the brand. (Most of them haven't even heard of Panerai.)

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
In reality a PAM is probably the last thing you would be called out on.

sawalke4

I'm Pretty Popular
16/1/08
Why do we get a calling out question every day? 99.99% of people don't care about your watch and the 0.01% won't know our modern reps are reps unless they are a member here

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
Why do we get a calling out question every day? 99.99% of people don't care about your watch and the 0.01% won't know our modern reps are reps unless they are a member here

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Probably because a large number of members like to pretend it's gen and know a "watch guy" (at work or in their social circle) - and are scared of being called out.

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
Probably because a large number of members who pose that question like to pretend it's gen and know a "watch guy" (at work or in their social circle) - and are scared of being called out.

Fixed it for you. ;)

pit36bus

Known Member
22/10/07
the only times that I have ever been called out were when I was wearing a gen submariner. happened a few times, twice wearing a 16610, once with a 14060 and again with a 16613. people usually automatically think rolex's are fake. never had anybody say anything about any of my panerai's or ap's cause nobody knows what they are anyways

Thrasher

Legendary Member
15/4/14
The Beach
These threads "Have you ever been called out" Just irate me for some reason, In Southern California with the people I'm around both professional and on a personal level this would be incredibly rude and immature. It sounds like children on a play Ground.

Is it common in other countries/cultures/parts of USA to question another persons Clothing,watch,car,home,cat?

I did once have a French Male relative look at the genuine Omega on my wrist and comment "Omega" the guy wouldn't know a genuine from a replica anyway and I heard once its more common in Europe,,,It just seems rude and child like.

ebzen02

I'm Pretty Popular
12/4/10
Only time being called out was with a Rolex.. I hate the ******* that call people out.. I would never do such a thing.. Poor etiquette

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

peterpl

Put Some Respect On My Name
24/7/11
^ Yep I would never call anyone out either. The max I would say is just "nice watch" and leave it there. Even if it was a canal st rep/

marsy

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/11/15
Only time being called out was with a Rolex.. I hate the ******* that call people out.. I would never do such a thing.. Poor etiquette

This is a really good point ebzen.
If someone does call you out (whether rep or gen), it says far more about their social skills and etiquette than it does about you or your watch!

Norrie

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
24/5/12
I'd only ever privately call out a really good rep because I know that then I can talk watches with someone.