• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

STEINHART watches

ht2424

Known Member
4/6/14
oh yeah I forgot about the triangle shipping being EU, thanks for the well wishes and good luck on your search. Which ocean one are you looking for? Ceramic or aluminum ?

aluminum!! I am thinking about to get the Green one and a black bezel. IMO, Aluminum bezel insert looks better on Ceramic ones.

JoeyT

Put Some Respect On My Name
11/8/14
aluminum!! I am thinking about to get the Green one and a black bezel. IMO, Aluminum bezel insert looks better on Ceramic ones.

The inserts are so reasonable from steinhart that if I was buying new from factory I would also order the extra inserts. I went with one aluminum and one ceramic so I can see what I like the most. Cannot wait to see pics of your steinhart Kermit

watch101

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/2/15
I have both the ceramic and aluminum for my GMT. I tried both and ended up keeping the aluminum. It's easier to read IMO. The ceramic is a sleek wet look. But will agree they are priced extremely well.

ht2424

Known Member
4/6/14
The inserts are so reasonable from steinhart that if I was buying new from factory I would also order the extra inserts. I went with one aluminum and one ceramic so I can see what I like the most. Cannot wait to see pics of your steinhart Kermit

I was worrying what exactly Watch101 experienced. I first saw the ceramic insert on an Ocean44. The numberings on the bezel doesn't really show on their pictures. that's why i will go for aluminum for both inserts instead.

that was a good idea though. i did have the same thought, but i hate to see the ceramic insert end up sitting in my watch box untouched.

JoeyT

11/8/14
I was worrying what exactly Watch101 experienced. I first saw the ceramic insert on an Ocean44. The numberings on the bezel doesn't really show on their pictures. that's why i will go for aluminum for both inserts instead.

that was a good idea though. i did have the same thought, but i hate to see the ceramic insert end up sitting in my watch box untouched.

I totally get what people gripe about with ceramic numbers disappearing but I like that it's a difference from the Rolex sub. I didn't want the watch to look too much like the Rolex sub. I know it's a homage but if I wanted a rep, I would go rep lol

spudmachine

Horology Curious
5/8/14
They do seem to be pretty good watches. I'm looking at more and more of these sensibly priced gens myself.

I bought a Graf Zepellin 7686-1 recently and I like it a lot. I know it's a quartz, and purists are not going to like that, but I love the big, clear dial and the high contrast numbers now that I need reading glasses :)

JoeyT

11/8/14
They do seem to be pretty good watches. I'm looking at more and more of these sensibly priced gens myself.

I bought a Graf Zepellin 7686-1 recently and I like it a lot. I know it's a quartz, and purists are not going to like that, but I love the big, clear dial and the high contrast numbers now that I need reading glasses :)

Those are nice watches, we wear what we like. Not to show off or to have "the best" but to wear something that makes us happy. So don't discredit a Quartz. I wear my $100 Movado more then my 5k Rolex sometimes. It's all about preference brother

JoeyT

11/8/14
Well surgery really sucked, I'm still in a lot of pain but at least I came home to this pair of great watches

joes

I'm Pretty Popular
2/1/15
At least it's over now and what a pair of beauties you have there!! GMT is my favorite. They're great Rolex homages right?!!

JoeyT

11/8/14
At least it's over now and what a pair of beauties you have there!! GMT is my favorite. They're great Rolex homages right?!!

They are great watches. Fit and finish for sub $500 is incredible. I like the ocean one has a lot of differences from the Rolex sub. Like the ceramic bezel numbers, no cyclops, bracelet and clasp. Grey dial in certain lights. The GMT is straight up a homage but I love it and knowing the 39mm is a rare bird, it makes it that much better

D

d4m.test

Well surgery really sucked, I'm still in a lot of pain but at least I came home to this pair of great watches

I can hardly look, I already miss my baby! But knowing it is in a good home helps.

The explorer 2 is helping too

JoeyT

11/8/14
I can hardly look, I already miss my baby! But knowing it is in a good home helps.

The explorer 2 is helping too

Whatcha think of that explorer? It's a great watch isn't it?

D

d4m.test

Whatcha think of that explorer? It's a great watch isn't it?

I have been lurking on them for a while but always been a little hesitant/other watches jumped over it. This was a mistake. This seems like a really great watch.

Minus the sharp edges all reps have, it really has a good gen feel. At about 1/20 of the price it delivers A LOT

watch101

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/2/15
JoeyT - congrats man!! Sucks that you're in pain from the surgery. Hopefully it goes away quickly and now that you're the proud owner of two fantastic time pieces, you'll have something to take your mind away from it all. Just stare at the dial, listen to the ticking of the movement and know that you didn't spend a ridiculous amount of money to own something that really will hold up. Congrats again!! Enjoy!!

JoeyT

11/8/14
I have been lurking on them for a while but always been a little hesitant/other watches jumped over it. This was a mistake. This seems like a really great watch.

Minus the sharp edges all reps have, it really has a good gen feel. At about 1/20 of the price it delivers A LOT

Thanks again my friend

WatchMe01

3/8/15
Had used ocean 1 black before going sub route. The overall quality was good for the money. Had an issue with the bezel and Gunther (the owner) was very helpful too.