• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Sold Watch 3 weeks ago buyer filed claim what do i do?

Russkiy Doc

Horology Curious
5/4/14
You don't have a tracking number. That number you wrote is the U.S. customs declaration form number. If you didn't pay extra for Registered Mail, then you don't have a tracking number. When I am in the USA, I send things to my home in Europe every week. I recognized that number as the customs control number immediately. Without tracking, you have a problem. Paypal won't do anything for you unless they can track it online, and even then, they will take the side of the buyer. Sorry.

Resistor

9/11/14
One lesson to take away from this is to separate business PP accounts from personal. I also rarely leave a balance in PP - I transfer only what is needed to make the purchase and do not maintain a balance. If I sell something, the money is transferred out of paypal as soon as possible in an attempt to avoid situations such as this.

bluegold

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
13/9/12
Good Morning Gentlemen,
I am the member in question, Thankfully the watch arrived this morning after 5 weeks in transit and Vince and i have been talking all the way through the situation. We both had real issues with USPS and also Royal Mail my end here in the UK. It would seem that even using a tracked service things can disappear off the radar with both postal services unable to help either of us in any shape or form.
I'd like to thank Vince for being a true gentleman throughout the situation.
Many Thanks
A few of you may know me over on rwg.cc as 'Denimhead' long term lurker and old timer with plenty of positive feedback

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
Good Morning Gentlemen,
I am the member in question, Thankfully the watch arrived this morning after 5 weeks in transit and Vince and i have been talking all the way through the situation. We both had real issues with USPS and also Royal Mail my end here in the UK. It would seem that even using a tracked service things can disappear off the radar with both postal services unable to help either of us in any shape or form.
Many Thanks
A few of you may know me over on rwg.cc as 'Denimhead' long term lurker and old timer with plenty of positive feedback

What really stinks in all this is you broke the rules. You're a good guy, I can see that, but the staff must make a judgment here.

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk

bluegold

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
13/9/12
Yes they will have to make that call. As you said I am one of the good guys and a trusted member
Cheers

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
I've bought from Denimhead back when he was involved with selling DW's watches and parts. He really seemed like a great guy to deal with back then. Sorry to hear about this.

gmg_3

I'm Pretty Popular
11/3/14
Everyone knows the risk but it takes strong convictions when it's your money on the line.

rolexwatchfan

Put Some Respect On My Name
17/8/13
Good Morning Gentlemen,
Many Thanks

So now, you are long standing member with reputation elswhere, good in nature but still breaking principal rule of filing PayPal claim without contacting the Board first? I'm sorry but we need to see a clear message to all of us reading this thread: FILE A DISPUTE/CLAIM WITH PAYPAL WITHOUT CONTACTING MODS AND YOU'LL GET BANNED! Period. Let this one slide and the rest of them soon will follow.
Pink will look good on you! Much deserved.

gmg_3

I'm Pretty Popular
11/3/14
Donate $400 to rwi and you can stay.

so glad gift payment is allowed. I'm only accepting paypal from ppl I know or 3000 post.

kilowattore

Sales Moderator / Section Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
What kind of attitude is this? You don't even apologize for putting at risk Vincegino's paypal account and causing him troubles for nothing?
:picard:

OP, I could care less about you having plenty of feedback on another forum or being a long time lurker. You should have known better the rules, and imho you KNEW them.

The admin team will do what they think necessary about your account, but in my opinion your behaviour is not acceptable and you have proven to be a threat to the good members of this forum. I would never buy or sell to you.

txrob779

Mythical Poster
Supporter
27/4/07
Very very interesting. Man, wtf are we gonna do with m2m sales now? This is f***** up

JAFO

16/10/13
Very very interesting. Man, wtf are we gonna do with m2m sales now? This is f***** up

Easy - PayPal gift or WU. Goods/services is just too risky these days. I'm not going to comment on this transaction because frankly I haven't read all 8 pages. But we've seen too many unmoderated PayPal disputes in just the past few months. That's why my disclaimer used to be a mile long.

jai04

19/8/13
Accidents and Emergency
Rules are made for a reason, whether you are a long time member or a new one. Being a long time lurker means you should have more than enough time to read and understand the rules. Simply put, PP dispute without mod approval=banned.

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
Sounds like Bluegold is gonna need a Christmas miracle.

maxback69

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/9/14
This is exactly why I won't keep more than 300 usd in a paypal account, ever no matter what

joe_chill

I'm Pretty Popular
19/2/12
Donate $400 to rwi and you can stay.

so glad gift payment is allowed. I'm only accepting paypal from ppl I know or 3000 post.

Yeah, forcing the guy to donate is the right way to handle the situation ...