• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PAM 382 Bronzo - QC Pics allowed Thread

eshow3907

I'm Pretty Popular
19/2/13
Lookin good, thats the white kw pearl and straight markers at the 15, 30, 45. My 45 is slightly off, and have learned to love it... its all about the imperfections you can live with vs the ones you cannot.

mackeral

Horology Curious
13/10/11
So I got back some better QC pics. Dark pics were no good, made the pearl look green to me. I approved this... cant wait to receive this bad boy!!

soze

Renowned Member
26/3/13
Since we are allowed to post QC pics...

cFeuyVE.jpg

Dq3Ptb3.jpg

Rejected both of these, as the "45" on the bezel for the first one is crooked, and the "30" on the second one is also crooked. Hopefully, the third time is the charm, now that my TD knows what to look for.

mitchbaria

Put Some Respect On My Name
15/10/12
Is there a comparison thread KW vs. ZF?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

rhreplica

Known Member
31/5/14
So is the general consensus to wait on this one as a new version is coming soon?

eshow3907

I'm Pretty Popular
19/2/13
So is the general consensus to wait on this one as a new version is coming soon?
Lol, the consensus is that the KW has multiple improvements on the ZF, and both are amazing full bronze reps for the $.

My kw has not left my wrist in a month.

feloniousmonk

Renowned Member
17/7/14

That's exactly what I'm doing. I want one of the bronzos in a bad way, I've even got a buckle and strap on the way for one, but I'm waiting to see what the deal with V2 or V3 or whatever this is, is.

Droplonder

Known Member
26/7/14
LOL. I myself ordered mne (KW version). I did learn that you always could wait and wait and wait for the next and better version. And while waiting you just won't enjoy what you have ;-) In so far: just do it and do it now! Who knows what will be tomorrow? Perhaps I ordered a submarine buckle too and from an new Korean adress (more to that later when everything has everything) a really great strap which perfectly fits the Jules Verne like style of the Bronzo. Stay tuned!

eshow3907

I'm Pretty Popular
19/2/13
That's exactly what I'm doing. I want one of the bronzos in a bad way, I've even got a buckle and strap on the way for one, but I'm waiting to see what the deal with V2 or V3 or whatever this is, is.
In theory, the widely distributed KW382 is the KW V2, as the first batch was dumped at discount to some TDs and pre-orders with a few minor movement changes and the greenish pearl. I cant imagine major improvements to the curent KW382 any time soon.

The limited production ZF382 V2 will have a reported updated decorated movement, but no super clone, so its really splitting hairs with the flaws you can live with vs those you cannot live with. Plus its already being pushed back, likely until the fall for release.

Until a true super clone P9000 makes its way onto the rep scene, waiting for an update is simply splitting hairs and missing out on wrist time.

Norrie

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
24/5/12
In theory, the widely distributed KW382 is the KW V2, as the first batch was dumped at discount to some TDs and pre-orders with a few minor movement changes and the greenish pearl. I cant imagine major improvements to the curent KW382 any time soon.

The limited production ZF382 V2 will have a reported updated decorated movement, but no super clone, so its really splitting hairs with the flaws you can live with vs those you cannot live with. Plus its already being pushed back, likely until the fall for release.

Until a true super clone P9000 makes its way onto the rep scene, waiting for an update is simply splitting hairs and missing out on wrist time.

Not interested in paying $700 for a "super-ish clone".

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Either in KW or in Zfac there are some things to be corrected or improved before the movement

ALE

feloniousmonk

Renowned Member
17/7/14
Well, if it's $700 I'm not buying it. From pictures that Cosmic posted the other day of the bezel, it seems that not just the movement is being changed/upgraded.

Burken

Horology Curious
9/7/14
Wouldn't a less expensive KW 382 with a Seagull movement be a logical next step since that seem to be a preferred solution with the other P9000 range from KW?

jts1

Horology Curious
17/2/15
QC Pic of my KW PAM- for your guys to comment on- as some of you guys out there are experts !!:adoration:
Should I approve ?
What Version do you think it is ?
DAAAAAASUVORK5CYII=

spursian

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
1/7/14
Better amend the thread title....