• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Sunnydales AR coating round coming, gathering participants

pippo

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/1/10
Hi mate! The coater is making changes to their holders and as soon as it is done, they start coating. Coating includes a trial round and the actual coating of the crystals.

I will let you all know when they inform me about the progress again! I am as thrilled as you are :)

sunnydale, thanks for the update ;)

sunnydale

29/8/09
I'm curious about the results. For the next round I have some crystals for you! :)

You can't be more curious than I am :) I will post pics of my SOH and 3777 with fresh new AR crystals once the crystals are here. I have some before shots also to compare.

Albranius

Renowned Member
2/11/12
You can't be more curious than I am :) I will post pics of my SOH and 3777 with fresh new AR crystals once the crystals are here. I have some before shots also to compare.

Nice Nice Nice. Is it the same factory that did your PO crystals?

sunnydale

29/8/09
They are here!!! Long wait is finally over!!!

I got them today, and installed my SOH and 3777 crystals right away. I have checked around 6 crystals and all look good so far :)

I can now say that the round was successful! I had one old PO crystal here, this is a comparison shot:

On the left, the old round and on the right, the new round. I can say that this time the reflection is a bit more bluish-purplish (is that a word?) than before, but both my SOH and 3777 look bluish when installed. So really cannot say anything bad about it.

Here is my SOH:

Here you can see the reflection, bluish in pic and irl too:

Here's 3777 and genuine CRPO:

Very crappy shot:

3777 reflection:

Both boys:

Some shots before the makeover:

Compare this to the shot that shows CRPO and 3777 on the same table. You can really see that the reflection is so much smaller! Now you really cannot take that bad pictures even if you try :)

All I can say something has happened! What do you like?

I will check all the crystals tomorrow evening and on Saturday, after that you will get a pm from me :) Stay calm guys! I can ship on Sunday!

jungssyang

Horology Curious
19/6/13
They are here!!! Long wait is finally over!!!

I got them today, and installed my SOH and 3777 crystals right away. I have checked around 6 crystals and all look good so far :)

I can now say that the round was successful! I had one old PO crystal here, this is a comparison shot:

On the left, the old round and on the right, the new round. I can say that this time the reflection is a bit more bluish-purplish (is that a word?) than before, but both my SOH and 3777 look bluish when installed. So really cannot say anything bad about it.

Here is my SOH:

Here you can see the reflection, bluish in pic and irl too:

Here's 3777 and genuine CRPO:

Very crappy shot:

3777 reflection:

Both boys:

Some shots before the makeover:

Compare this to the shot that shows CRPO and 3777 on the same table. You can really see that the reflection is so much smaller! Now you really cannot take that bad pictures even if you try :)

All I can say something has happened! What do you like?

I will check all the crystals tomorrow evening and on Saturday, after that you will get a pm from me :) Stay calm guys! I can ship on Sunday!

Terrific! long journey but wonderful work. can't wait for mine:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sunnydale

29/8/09
Terrific! long journey but wonderful work. can't wait for mine:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It has indeed been a super long journey, I am happy that all the members have stayed calm :) I feel a bit shame that I am already enjoying my watches and you still need to wait to get yours back on the wrist...

s3g0y

Renowned Member
15/12/10
Wonderful!
I love it!
It's even good for me (the blueish tint) because I will install them in 3777 and Calibre 16 and they both have a delicate blue/purple AR :)

s3g0y

Renowned Member
15/12/10
It has indeed been a super long journey, I am happy that all the members have stayed calm :) I feel a bit shame that I am already enjoying my watches and you still need to wait to get yours back on the wrist...

Good! If you feel guilty than spend some time today for checking and send them out tomorrow! ;)
I'm ready to pay! Take my f*cking money! :D

sunnydale

29/8/09
Good! If you feel guilty than spend some time today for checking and send them out tomorrow! ;)
I'm ready to pay! Take my f*cking money! :D

I know how you feel bro :) You know, when I went to pick up the package from the local post office, I felt like I had too short feet when I walked back home :) Just too slow!

I will be travelling tomorrow so I don't have time to send anyway But I do my best to be quick!

s3g0y

Renowned Member
15/12/10
Take your time Sunny. You did good job. We will celebrate next week :)

SSTEEL

Banned
Banned
30/1/13
Superb mate, they look fine :)

Wonderful!
I love it!
It's even good for me (the blueish tint) because I will install them in 3777 and Calibre 16 and they both have a delicate blue/purple AR :)

Ditto on the Calibre 16, me too. Also plan to get this work done on my upcoming IWC too :)

Look forward to the PM Ate mate :)

sunnydale

29/8/09
The more I look at them, the more I love them!

Very minor reflections and the residual color is very nice. I can't take crappy pics of them any more :) I will try to take some shots in the daylight tomorrow!

MARK746

28/10/12
BC, Canada
That looks really good, can't wait to get mine back. I'll have more that will need this AR treatment, are you going to be doing this again?

mrjohan

Known Member
23/10/11
Oh yeah! This looks great. Well done!

This tint will be perfect on my Mark XVII.