• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

{*PCTeam*} New Radiomir KW PAM388 [QC pics allowed]

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
I wanted to share my own experience with my KW388.

I received the watch today and was really delighted with the global quality and feeling. It looks much better than my KW 312 (that is not back yet from repair... Movement issue...)

Then I decided to test my screws... First one was ok, second ok, third ok but forth turning more easily without end.... :(

So I give it a check and managed to remove it quite easily (I'll explain later How I did it if you want...) and the result is a bad screw that cannot fit well !!

I asked my dealer for a pair of new ones but ordered also a pair in UK (hope they fit !!)

Nice to see the issue is in the screws and not in the case!!
Yes try to explain how you removed the screws, please
Thanks
ALE

I had a similar experience, but wound up ordering a set of screws and lug bars from Panatime. They are really interesting actually -about
they come with a tiny little rubber gasket around the end of the screw for a better fit. I swapped out the screws and have a perfect fit now. But alas, i did scratch up the case a little bit while attempting to get out the original screws.

I am sure if i put enough effort in i can get the little scratches out but my advice for those who plan on getting this watch. Be prepared to drop an additional 20 on new screws/lug bars. Just some food for thought gents.

You can remove the scratches with CapeCod or a polishneg paste no worries
Like above, nice to see the issue is in the screws and not in the case

ALE

ericb196

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
18/5/11
To remove the screws, I saw that the lug on the screw with an issue was not well fixed and could move.
So pushing the lug bar in direction of the case allowed me to unscrew a little the screw. Not enough to remove it but enough to be able to put a tiny screwdriver under the head screw.
I keep on unscrew with a little and gentle pressure under the head screw with the second screwdriver and.... tada :D Screw is out !!

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
To remove the screws, I saw that the lug on the screw with an issue was not well fixed and could move.
So pushing the lug bar in direction of the case allowed me to unscrew a little the screw. Not enough to remove it but enough to be able to put a tiny screwdriver under the head screw.
I keep on unscrew with a little and gentle pressure under the head screw with the second screwdriver and.... tada :D Screw is out !!

Brilliant and easy !
Thanks for sharing it !

ALE

Arancini

Known Member
20/9/12
Another 388 kw here with a screw that is locked and won't come out.

Tried with my own tools, then at a watchsmith.

Nothing. Screw firmly fixed and won't come out.

Sending back to KW. Hope they do the right thing. Otherwise, lovely rep.

GeDi

Renowned Member
5/2/13
I had a similar experience, but wound up ordering a set of screws and lug bars from Panatime. They are really interesting actually - they come with a tiny little rubber gasket around the end of the screw for a better fit. I swapped out the screws and have a perfect fit now. But alas, i did scratch up the case a little bit while attempting to get out the original screws.

I am sure if i put enough effort in i can get the little scratches out but my advice for those who plan on getting this watch. Be prepared to drop an additional 20 on new screws/lug bars. Just some food for thought gents.

What do you mean theow 20 on new screws?
To who? I had the same problem... 3 screws ok one screw doesnt come out...

What do you suggest? Return or fix myself?

Ruski91

12/10/12
What do you mean theow 20 on new screws?
To who? I had the same problem... 3 screws ok one screw doesnt come out...

What do you suggest? Return or fix myself?

So when i first got the watch, i instantly wanted to take off the strap and put a new one on. 3 Screws came out fine (Little resistance but fine regardless. Last screw was a pain in the ass, had to have a watch smith take it out. But when we tried to screw it back in, we noticed it goes in but doesnt screw in properly. Most inportant was that the watch smith had better screw drivers than me and was able to take out the screw that was stuck

I took it home and tinkered with it some more. I didnt like the way any of the screws fit in the case. I decided to order a new set of screws and lug bars from Panatime. After discount i think i wound up being $20 shipped so it wasnt so bad. The new screws fit much better and seem to be of better material. I did not use the new lug bars as they had a slightly different bend to them. So i just kept those for supplies.

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Nice to see the problem is not in the case, just in the screws!!

Thanks for sharing it
ALE

peterpl

24/7/11
On my 388 I found the rep strap was decent? Am i the only one that thinks this? Much much better than other rep straps thats for sure.

pkw0925

Looking Around
7/8/13
It is fantastic.
Where can I buy this?
Let me know details.
Give me a e-mail please...

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
On my 388 I found the rep strap was decent? Am i the only one that thinks this? Much much better than other rep straps thats for sure.

I have left rep strap in my PAM 388
Leather is good enough, but buckle and stitching are awesome
I think it will improve a little with time and use

KW PAM 505 strap is a fantastic Asso. I have left it too

ALE

Pass

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/10/10
Have someone heard that the KW is updating the movement for this watch? My TD said that my watch is delay because KW is updating the watch.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

ericb196

Supporter
Certified
18/5/11
New pics of mine
9adu4y8a.jpg

y3uhube7.jpg

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Have someone heard that the KW is updating the movement for this watch? My TD said that my watch is delay because KW is updating the watch.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Maybe they are fixing some issues in lug wire screws, but not movement.
ALE

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
Looks very nice. Panatime do some great straps for the price.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD