• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Cheating at QC pictures?

nycgtr

Renowned Member
18/4/12
Latest post by op:

Jenga+Real+Shit..+OH+SNAP.+SHIT+JUST+GOT+REAL_572f74_3590258.jpg

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
He's going through an emotional roller coaster. Kind of like a woman would during certain times of the month. It's very sad to see. :hehehe:

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
He is right about the watch being sold to him with the flaw hidden, its obvious.

D

d4m.test

He's going through an emotional roller coaster. Kind of like a woman would during certain times of the month. It's very sad to see. :hehehe:

Oh bimmer... I remember you coming to Toto's defense in the face of logic and evidence a few times until it happened to you. Don't you already have one foot in your mouth? ;)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
Oh bimmer... I remember you coming to Toto's defense in the face of logic and evidence a few times until it happened to you. Don't you already have one foot in your mouth? ;)

When a dealer holds on to your money for two weeks and doesn't refund you , what would you say ? What does that situation have to do with this ? If you're going to make a comparison, try so etching that's applicable. You don't want to look like just another ********** talking out of his ass.

D

d4m.test

When a dealer holds on to your money for two weeks and doesn't refund you , what would you say ? What does that situation have to do with this ? If you're going to make a comparison, try so etching that's applicable. You don't want to look like just another ********** talking out of his ass.

Woah woah. Are you on an emotional roller coaster right now? Stay calm...

I'm just saying you're defending Ryan and attacking the OP the exact same way you did when another poster said something negative about Toro. You defended Toro religiously a year ago the same way. The comparison is valid.

I was just busting your balls. Didn't know it was your time of the month. ;) and yes, I'm just having fun with you. You know the OP is right. Stop poking him.

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
Compare apples to apples. Don't back down now saying you were joking. If you're going to say something don't puss out. You said I was putting my foot in my mouth. What are you talking about ? How does this equate to someone holding a customers money for an extended period of time. Oh, and it wasn't just me. There was another member as well. So please explain to me how my foot is in my mouth. If you're going to post bullshit, be ready to get a response.

D

d4m.test

Compare apples to apples. Don't back down now saying you were joking. If you're going to say something don't puss out. You said I was putting my foot in my mouth. What are you talking about ? How does this equate to someone holding a customers money for an extended period of time. Oh, and it wasn't just me. There was another member as well. So please explain to me how my foot is in my mouth. If you're going to post bullshit, be ready to get a response.

1. I'm always joking.
2. The comparison is about the blind loyalty to a dealer. Read my last post again. Your foot is in your mouth because you defended Toro like he was your brother, then he screwed you and you understandably changed your tune. That's all good. The problem is you are blindly loyal again. Maybe "foot in mouth" is the wrong phrase. Fool me once...?
3. I rarely post bullshit. I enjoy reading lots of it, but try to avoid posting it.

Insert a smiley with your imagination anywhere you believe I am offending you.

phoucku

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
15/11/12
That's is some shady a$$ $hit. Glad the OP is vindicated, good for you. You can bet that our TDs and whoever does their QC pics for them will think twice before pulling this kind of crap again. They just might have to past some of the flawed watches to newbies. And to even imply the TD have no knowledge of this pratice is just plain silly now.

nycgtr

Renowned Member
18/4/12
From the photos it's quite obvious what was done. However, I don't believe Ryan was aware of it as I don't believe he took the photos. We can defend Ryan and his actions but smaller actions taken by his staff or team can be a different story. Ryan has already offered to fix the issue and that attest to his credibility as a TD. However, theqc picture issue unfortunately reflects on him as anything done by his employees is automatically linked to him.

People are quick to defend based on their personal dealings with Ryan 1:1 but Ryan's business conduct isn't in question here. Whoever took those photos is.

alb1

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/7/13
Some of you get just downright silly in your righteousness. :bsmeter:

Am I grateful for QC pics? You bet I am.
I would be the unproud owner of a no date sub with a dial marked "oyster perpetual date" without them on my first purchase. You bet it would have gone right back to china for replacement or refund, as it was not what was pictured on the sellers site.

The QC pics aren't for nitpicking the little things we all know are likely there, but darn well should be used to notice glaring defective merchandise and to ensure that the item being sent is the same one pictured on the site and ordered.

I see QC pics as beneficial to sellers and buyers alike. It allows us as buyers a bit of relief from the anxiety of buying an illegal item sight unseen and hoping we don't get screwed.
For the seller it allows them to build a trusting relationship with each customer and earn repeat business. It also provides for less hurt feelings and chances of buyers getting pissed off to the point they file disputes, chargebacks or other such things.

Honesty in business is always the best policy. A seller is only as good as his worst sale.

I work in retail also, have for many years. I have a 100% good feedback rating... You know why? Because I don't play games with my reputation. If something is wrong with an item, I let the buyer know. I discount the item if they are still interested in it. I make the customer happy to purchase from me and trust that I will always look out for them. This has earned me much good new and repeat business over the years.

IMHO, a lot of this BS could be avoided if the sellers used their sections to post pictures of the actual item/s for sale

soze

Renowned Member
26/3/13
That is some pretty irrefutable evidence that the OP pointed out!
Even if Ryan didn't directly do this, it would be in his best interest to apologize on behalf of his organization regarding this, as he is the "face" of InTime.

Nikoteen

I'm Pretty Popular
12/5/12
Ok, Ok everyone please read the following, smile and then chill the F**k out!
(A little off topic but you all need to relax a little)

While in the playground with his friend, Little Johnny noticed that Jimmy was wearing a brand new, shiny watch. "Did you get that for your birthday?" asked Little Johnny.

"Nope." replied Jimmy.

"Well, did you get it for Christmas then?".

Again Jimmy says "Nope."

"You didn't steal it, did you?" asks Little Johnny.

"No," said Jimmy. "I went into Mom and Dad's bedroom the other night when they were 'doing the nasty'. Dad gave me his watch to get rid of me.

Little Johnny was extremely impressed with this idea, and extremely jealous of Jimmy's new watch. He vowed to get one for himself. That night, he waited outside his parents' bedroom until he heard the unmistakable noises of lovemaking. Just then, he swung the door wide open and boldly strode into the bedroom. His father, caught in mid stroke, turned and said angrily. "What do you want now?"

"I wanna watch," Johnny replied.

Without missing a stroke, his father said, "Fine. Stand in the corner and watch, but keep quiet."

MMA

5/10/10
An extraordinary amount of people in this thread who think they have the right to tell others what they should do. Truly amazing. Do you walk around IRL telling others how they should behave? I bet you don't.

Good on you OP for bringing this up.

I had something like this recently. I questioned a scratched bezel on a QC pic. 'Jennifer' assured me it was a hair. When it arrived it was not one but three scratches (that can be hidden by subtle angles in QC pics). I kept it, sent them an email stating that i was disapointed about being straight up lied to and lived with it, but they have lost my business. There are many other dealers with the same product.

alb1

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/7/13
An extraordinary amount of people in this thread who think they have the right to tell others what they should do. Truly amazing. Do you walk around IRL telling others how they should behave? I bet you don't.

Why yes, I do.... especially when someone is trying to feed me a line of BS or acting like a jackwagon. I have a low tolerance for immaturity. :hehehe:

Good on you OP for bringing this up.

I had something like this recently. I questioned a scratched bezel on a QC pic. 'Jennifer' assured me it was a hair. When it arrived it was not one but three scratches (that can be hidden by subtle angles in QC pics). I kept it, sent them an email stating that i was disapointed about being straight up lied to and lived with it, but they have lost my business. There are many other dealers with the same product.

And that's the crux of it.

As consumers, we vote with our wallets.
If a seller is thinking he is getting away with something by selling defective or substandard goods... the only person they're fooling is themselves.

It's easier to build a loyal customer base by doing the right thing, but much harder to recover from the stigma of it being known that you've screwed someone over.

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DIETlxquzY"]Stuart Smalley's famous quote - YouTube[/ame]