• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Would you trade your car for a Gen rollie ?

sombra

Renowned Member
19/7/13
Sweet Cali baby / Conus
Hey, the great news is you can put in a nice gen Rolex dial and bezel and have an awesome watch. Then sell that ugly bling to a rapper with bad taste for whatever it's worth.

Vintage D/D dials are cheap on eBay. Congrats! You did OK after all.
i don't wanna put money on the watch .i really like how it looks on my wrist the weight and the sparkle of the diamonds in person looks fantastic .

Billio

I'm Pretty Popular
15/4/09
Is that not the movement Yuki is selling? Haha only joking, quite an incredible swap. Not to my tastes but definately very individual.

Luthier

Put Some Respect On My Name
30/9/09
OK, you proved it, no problem. But it's uber ugly watch anyway.
Follow KBH's advice - find good dial and you'll have great watch.
And no, I'm no teddy bear. Quite opposite.

D

d4m.test

OP can say whatever he wants for all the shit he took.

Fair enough. I skimmed over it the first time, and assumed all the crap he took was for the bling. I guess he deserves to gloat a little. Lol

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Rush2112

Renowned Member
27/4/13
So how do we account for all of the varying info related to proper weight of that model versus what it actually seems to weigh?

rhp1462

Mythical Poster
20/2/13
I feel bad after seeing those pics. I swear i thought it was a rep. I feel like a db. So here it goes, SORRY OP FOR ALL THE SHIT WE GAVE YOU. Dont mind admitting when i am wrong. And I would rather have that ugly gen over PT cruiser any given day.

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
I feel bad after seeing those pics. I swear i thought it was a rep. I feel like a db. So here it goes, SORRY OP FOR ALL THE SHIT WE GAVE YOU. Dont mind admitting when i am wrong. And I would rather have that ugly gen over PT cruiser any given day.

That's quite a choice. It's like picking between anal warts and an aggressive case of gohnorrea .

rhp1462

Mythical Poster
20/2/13

arcadia

Put Some Respect On My Name
11/8/11
I guess that answers that. :D:

20130822_135020_zps9efd8562.jpg

Bingo. Congrats.

sombra

Renowned Member
19/7/13
Sweet Cali baby / Conus
Thank you so much guys ,i apologize for my attitude .i gotta admit it i was a little frustrated because i knew it was a gen. probably not the best but i didn't care for that ugly car
i still like more most of my rep's but is more like an investment
cheers !!:thumbsup:

Chavezzito

24/1/12
Don't see why you should apologize Sombra but good of you to do so.

Imagine how boring it would be if all had the same taste :)

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
I'm glad you opened it up and showed all the loudmouths the Rolex movement.

WTF, I can't believe everyone jumped all over this guy regardless of taste, its what he wanted and thats all that matters. The car is ugly he had no reason to keep it, the watch is solid 18kt. and the watches value will only go up.

I knew it was gen after looking at the first pic, but then along comes the bullshit experts that don't know shit, who think they know everything about Rolex, LMFAO.

Now, that watch isn't my particular taste but if the poster likes it I don't see any reason to jump all over him.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Oke it's real then. How many links are on it? Luth is correct, it must be short at least 4 more's the pity.

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
I would buy a new gen gold dial, fluted bezel, and send it to Rolex for a full service. It will come back like new.