• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Would you trade your car for a Gen rollie ?

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
LMFAO at some of you. Insulting the guy, making fun of him for a stupid trade (in your eyes) because his taste is diffrent, and only to find out your wrong and its gen.

I don't care for the dial and bezel myself, just like I think Pams blow balls, but so many of you have bought the basic same Pam over and over and over again and think its the shit on some ugly ass strap.:hehehe:

tonymission

10/6/13
LMFAO at some of you. Insulting the guy, making fun of him for a stupid trade (in your eyes) because his taste is diffrent, and only to find out your wrong and its gen.

I don't care for the dial and bezel myself, just like I think Pams blow balls, but so many of you have bought the basic same Pam over and over and over again and think its the shit on some ugly ass strap.:hehehe:

Why you makin fun of me bro?

;)

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
Funny to see a gen posted on our rep site only to have the members here argue its a rep, even after the poster says he's a jewler, he's certain its gen, knows the proper date code, and then of course no one aplogies to the poster, which I think he deserves.

Shows you all these experts don't know shit. I have seen many Rolex watches I thought where most likely rep turn out to be gens, it happens. To think there is no such thing as a imperfect Rolex is naive and just as models of rep subs differ in dial print and bezel color gens do also.

I'm so tired of loudmouths saying the font is to big, to small, to close together, to far apart, superlative looks weird, theres a slighty wrong angle in the print which no one can see without a 40x loop, the 10 marker doesn't look right, LMFAO. Do you really think every gen is exactly the same.

Many of you would sell your mother to own the watch the poster has (you might want a diffrent dial and bezel, lol) yet you sit there and judge a fellow member as your wearing your overpriced Hublot, Pam, or AP rep, which by way anyone who knows watches and knows you probably knows its a rep anyhow.:hehehe:

Luthier

Put Some Respect On My Name
30/9/09
Wow, wow, wow!!!
Sub, you're over the board.
First - I, personally, wouldn't sell my mother for ANY watch, even for PP SkyMoon, I'd not even sell my dog for this Patek.
Second - I wouldn't buy this Rollie even for a dollar, because I'd never wear it.
And third - we had a few precedents, when a member claimed tons of gens, but failed provide mov'ts pics.
So, our caution was quite understandable.

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
Wow, wow, wow!!!
Sub, you're over the board.
First - I, personally, wouldn't sell my mother for ANY watch, even for PP SkyMoon, I'd not even sell my dog for this Patek.
Second - I wouldn't buy this Rollie even for a dollar, because I'd never wear it.
And third - we had a few precedents, when a member claimed tons of gens, but failed provide mov'ts pics.
So, our caution was quite understandable.

Who gives a shit what any member says they have?? No one here is required to prove what they own and open their watch because you want them to. You post as if you have knowledge of all watches, get over yourself. You gave the guy a hard time just to be a prick.

We've seen your collection, a shit load of reps, but I haven't seen you post one gen watch, so stop being such a wise ass know it all just because you don't share the posters taste. I don't really like the dial or bezel of the watch myself but who F'ing cares I'm not wearing it. Point is his watch is gen and he likes it. The least you could do is aplogize to the guy.

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
I can't recall ever seeing anyone on this board own a Presidential, let alone a blingified version. I can't tell the difference of most watches anyway until the back comes off.

I think the speculation of what it is makes for a lot of fun though. Rep forum is like a box of chocolates:D:

Luthier

Put Some Respect On My Name
30/9/09
Who gives a shit what any member says they have?? No one here is required to prove what they own and open their watch because you want them to. You post as if you have knowledge of all watches, get over yourself. You gave the guy a hard time just to be a prick.

We've seen your collection, a shit load of reps, but I haven't seen you post one gen watch, so stop being such a wise ass know it all just because you don't share the posters taste. I don't really like the dial or bezel of the watch myself but who F'ing cares I'm not wearing it. Point is his watch is gen and he likes it. The least you could do is aplogize to the guy.
See? You contradict yourself. You also don't share OP's taste, as you stated, but you blame others for giving a hard time. Gosh...
Now, go and give Trailboss a hard time... I'd LOVE to see it...
;)

rhp1462

Mythical Poster
20/2/13
Funny to see a gen posted on our rep site only to have the members here argue its a rep, even after the poster says he's a jewler, he's certain its gen, knows the proper date code, and then of course no one aplogies to the poster, which I think he deserves.

Shows you all these experts don't know shit. I have seen many Rolex watches I thought where most likely rep turn out to be gens, it happens. To think there is no such thing as a imperfect Rolex is naive and just as models of rep subs differ in dial print and bezel color gens do also.

I'm so tired of loudmouths saying the font is to big, to small, to close together, to far apart, superlative looks weird, theres a slighty wrong angle in the print which no one can see without a 40x loop, the 10 marker doesn't look right, LMFAO. Do you really think every gen is exactly the same.

Many of you would sell your mother to own the watch the poster has (you might want a diffrent dial and bezel, lol) yet you sit there and judge a fellow member as your wearing your overpriced Hublot, Pam, or AP rep, which by way anyone who knows watches and knows you probably knows its a rep anyhow.:hehehe:

No one apologies to poster?
See post #107.
If you did know it was a gen from the first glance, why did you choose not to defend op? Why did you wait to see movt. pics? A vet like you defending op would have gave him some credibility and prevented some shit that others gave him but you chose not to and decided to enjoy the show so you are as guilt as people(including me) who gave op shit. You chose to wait till it was sure that watch was a gen and then decided to give everybody shit. It is good when you own up to your mistakes. See post 107 and it is your turn.

Sent from 1:1 app made with genuine tapatalk as sample.

rhp1462

Mythical Poster
20/2/13
You always speak your mind and say it like it is(which I like). But I think you went little far saying that some of the members would whore their mother out for a watch. Little harsh there man. I am not trying to show you or tell you how to use your keystrokes. In my opinion that was a bit harsh. I have developed a thick Internet skin over the years so it does not bother me. It might bother some.

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
See? You contradict yourself. You also don't share OP's taste, as you stated, but you blame others for giving a hard time. Gosh...
Now, go and give Trailboss a hard time... I'd LOVE to see it...
;)

It makes no F'ing diffrence if I like the watch or not that was Not the point. The point was you acting as if you knew it was a rep when infact you didn't know shit.

I have No reason to give TB a hard time, its his board and he doesn't come off as a wise ass know it all like you. But your defense to bring TB into this and to suggest I give him a hardtime is just ignorant.

No one apologies to poster?
See post #107.
If you did know it was a gen from the first glance, why did you choose not to defend op? Why did you wait to see movt. pics? A vet like you defending op would have gave him some credibility and prevented some shit that others gave him but you chose not to and decided to enjoy the show so you are as guilt as people(including me) who gave op shit. You chose to wait till it was sure that watch was a gen and then decided to give everybody shit. It is good when you own up to your mistakes. See post 107 and it is your turn.

Look, I thought it was a gen from the first pic, but I wasn't entirely sure, however given the stated age of the watch, the non solid end links, the solid link bracelet, the crown, the real rubies in the bezel, the fact the poster is a jewler, and the obvious no sign of wear in the gold lead me to believe the watch was most likely gen. But of course no one can ever be sure until its opened.

I did see your apology to him and I will aplogize to you for not remarking about your post. But it seems weird that some members here want to jump all over a guy because of his taste. I see alot of watches here that aren't my style but I don't jump all over these guys for their sense of style either.

Listen its one thing to give the guy some shit, call him a pimp, and have some fun with him over his bling. I understand that, however regardless of the watches dial and bezel, the poster got himself a solid 18kt. pres and by changing the dial and bezel to the classic look and having the movement serviced, hes got himself quite a fine watch.

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
+1M.
Even with 21j.
And I'd trade that horrible Rolley for 21j too. At least I can wear 21j watch, without be called a pimp.

What??????????????????????????
139g?????????????????????
My SS DayDate weight the same!!!
FAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess you need a soap, to lubricate your ass, when your friend faked you with this piece of crap.
;)
Gold Rolex President weight is 178 gram, got it??? So, you are faked up.
http://luxurytyme.com/en/rolex-reviews/review-of-the-rolex-day-date-presidential/
Open caseback, and you'll see 21j there.
:rofl:

Man, you make Forrest Gump look like friggin Einstein!
And if your wife has any brains whatsoever, she will leave your ass.

OK, post the tagged picture then!!!
;)

That blingy crap sucks even more.

Sooo.... where's the picture of the movement? I've seen goldplated replicas like this about... 100 times?
;)

C'mon, we already know, that you're stupid. What we don't know yet, is - where's the picture?
;)

Clocks ticking...
;)

What a load of shit. Since when do we bully members into posting tagged pics and opening casebacks of watches they aren't selling??

OK, you proved it, no problem. But it's uber ugly watch anyway.
Follow KBH's advice - find good dial and you'll have great watch.
And no, I'm no teddy bear. Quite opposite.

He sure did prove it, he also proved your not as wise as you think you are.

jd01449

I'm Pretty Popular
20/2/12
Gotta agree with sub on this one. Even though we may not like the particular watch in question I think there were extraordinary efforts here to embarrass the guy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
Gotta agree with sub on this one. Even though we may not like the particular watch in question I think there were extraordinary efforts here to embarrass the guy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Exactly, and thanks for your common sense.:sub4me:

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
God bless the peace makers! And Happy Birthday Pec.

tt88

㊙️ Time does not wait ㊙️
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
15/9/12
Village, of course
I bring beers!

:cheers:

Sent from my Bezel using a 116610

rhp1462

Mythical Poster
20/2/13
It makes no F'ing diffrence if I like the watch or not that was Not the point. The point was you acting as if you knew it was a rep when infact you didn't know shit.

I have No reason to give TB a hard time, its his board and he doesn't come off as a wise ass know it all like you. But your defense to bring TB into this and to suggest I give him a hardtime is just ignorant.

Look, I thought it was a gen from the first pic, but I wasn't entirely sure, however given the stated age of the watch, the non solid end links, the solid link bracelet, the crown, the real rubies in the bezel, the fact the poster is a jewler, and the obvious no sign of wear in the gold lead me to believe the watch was most likely gen. But of course no one can ever be sure until its opened.

I did see your apology to him and I will aplogize to you for not remarking about your post. But it seems weird that some members here want to jump all over a guy because of his taste. I see alot of watches here that aren't my style but I don't jump all over these guys for their sense of style either.

Listen its one thing to give the guy some shit, call him a pimp, and have some fun with him over his bling. I understand that, however regardless of the watches dial and bezel, the poster got himself a solid 18kt. pres and by changing the dial and bezel to the classic look and having the movement serviced, hes got himself quite a fine watch.

You are rite sub. I was harsh. I can't speak for others but I was embarrassed for my self and happy for op when watch turned out to be real. Op came out smelling like roses and being rite on this was icing. Everybody jumping on him was called for or not is something debatable. I am not trying to start that debate. You have valid points here and I respect them. Do I feel like dbag after seeing gen mvt. , yes. Do I feel like I shouldn't have called him out, no. There are too many people on Internet claiming shit they don't have and response was natural. In a way members were looking out for op(even with a wrong approach). If op did not know his shit he coulda have been easily fooled.
Nothing but respect.
Peace.