• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

{*PCTeam*} New Radiomir KW PAM388 [QC pics allowed]

ALDS22

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/3/12
Just received my KV388, and let me tell you... WOW!!! Well worth every penny!!! Feels great, looks great, leather smells great... All around great!! :)

Will try to post pics later...

PolonusTM

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
24/5/10
Yup. Even on KW505. Good luck trying to change straps.

Looks like it was my vise decision to at least postpone purchase of this watch after lugs screw fiasco on my 505.

I won't buy this watch unless KW resolve the problem.

iPad/Tapatalk HD

Pacomo

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/4/12
Hi Polonus! I'm waiting KW solves the screw problem that you mention too... and the noisy rotor... both seems serious problems to me.

martinV1

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
11/11/12
Hi Polonus! I'm waiting KW solves the screw problem that you mention too... and the noisy rotor... both seems serious problems to me.

Has KW ever actually updated one of their models? I think thanks to all the hype they don't even care.

kayabun

25/11/11

I'm also waiting for the screws. I don't think this screw problem will be solved anytime soon. Also may be a hit and miss. You may get one with without screws problems.

Best is buy and watch and enjoy it before it goes out of stock ... If it ever does ... :)

tom_cat

I'm Pretty Popular
4/7/13
Looks like it was my vise decision to at least postpone purchase of this watch after lugs screw fiasco on my 505.

I won't buy this watch unless KW resolve the problem.

iPad/Tapatalk HD

+1

chris9

I'm Pretty Popular
16/5/12
The rotor and lug screws are NOT that much of a problem. This is an amazing rep guys! Every bit as good as the 288K super rep, but with a much nicer dial!
Rotor noise is acceptable and can be fixed with a little watch oil if needed, lug screws will always be a problem on rep Rad's. The rep strap is very good anyway.
Don't let these very small faults put you off, the KW 388 is a fantastic rep.
I am loving mine and looking forward to the arrival of my 505.
just buy it and enjoy

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
Got my PAM388. It looks awesome. However, also suffering from lug screw issue. :( Might either be hard of impposible to replace the straps. Darn it.

peterpl

Put Some Respect On My Name
24/7/11
Yep got my PAM388 as well. Farrrrkkin screws wont come out.....cant change straps. LOL

At least the rep strap is not that bad. Nowhere near as bad as the rep AP straps --- they are just rubbish.

Well....at least you know the lugs wont fall out on you when your wearing it.

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
Well this isn't cheering me up much. I bought an awesome ostrich strap for it :-(

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

sharrkey

Legendary Member
Advisor
14/6/08
Was so on the fence on buying this, glad I didn't now.

Sent from my iPhone 5 Using TapaTalk2 S???R?I?????

GeDi

Renowned Member
5/2/13
Wow .. I m on vacation, now but my 388 & 351, have arrive at my office.

Now i m concerned, what will happen when the leather strap of the 388 needs replacement?

Will it be possible to change or replace?

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
Wow .. I m on vacation, now but my 388 & 351, have arrive at my office.

Now i m concerned, what will happen when the leather strap of the 388 needs replacement?

Will it be possible to change or replace?

It depends on the extent of the problem. If both screws at one side cannot be unscrewed, then you can't change straps, but if it's just one, then theoretically there should be enough space to maneuver the present strap off and insert the new strap in. It's not an ideal case but that's at least a workable solution.

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
Is the thickness of this 388 and 505 same with gen 7.9mm ?

7.9mm is the movement thickness, not the watch thickness. Don't have a caliper on hand but definitely thicker than 15mm. By comparison, a PAM380 is said to have a 15mm watch thickness and it's a manual wind. An auto would be thicker just because of the rotor alone.

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Got my PAM388. It looks awesome. However, also suffering from lug screw issue. :( Might either be hard of impposible to replace the straps. Darn it.

Well this isn't cheering me up much. I bought an awesome ostrich strap for it :-(

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Hi Bones and mysterio
Thanks for your inputs about screw problems.
PolonusTM is talking to me regarding to the same issue.

I have my KW 388 and 505 in their way (I hope) but I have not yet received them.
But what is really the problem??
-You cannot remove screws because they are locked
-You cannot remove screws because the notch is damaged
-You cannot remove screws because you have damaged the notch trying to remove the screws.
-You cannot remove screws because they turn without get away.

Please Bones, you have experience in these things, do you see any solution?

Could the screws have some threadlocker, applied by KW, too strong and the screw are completely locked?
Could you put some acetone solvent over the screw-hole to solve the locker and can remove screws?
I assume all people are using the appropriate precision screwdriver of 1,6mm

Anyway, if there is a general issue we would need an immediate solution.
Maybe there are already more 1000 watches (KW 388 and 505) in the market !!

Please all inputs will be welcome
ALE