• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

My KW 417 QC pics - (PAM Boutiques Kuvarsit pics and QC pics ALLOWED)

s3g0y

Renowned Member
15/12/10
Ale, you have just made me order this watch!

GWT, what do you mean about the lume? Is it not that strong as you supposed it to be or is it bad applied?

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
I think the lever is way too square. Lugs are bad. The dial is great, but for the money I'm not sure if its worth it

Thanks COLDI
Yes the tip of the lever is wrong but I think Noob and H maker are wrong too. We will try to get definitve comparisons in the review.
The main flaw in KW lever is that it is not stuck to the case like Noob (h maker is not completely stuck either)
But lever body and roller part is almost perfect in KW (leaving aside roller pin axle) and completely wrong in Noob and h maker (very noticeable , mainly in Noob)

LUGS: We are trying to establish what is the truth.
KW lugs have clearly some flaws, but I think sincerely that others have flaws too.
Unfortunately I have not a gen at this moment to make a direct comparison, we must work with pics and Photoshop, and we need the same pic angle, distance and focal distance and similar light conditions.
We are now trying to get this conditions to make PS comparisons.
I hope to know the truth about lugs in this review.
And we have found interesting things which need confirnation.

DIAL:
It really is great, finish and lume application is almost perfect even under the watchsmith lens. I think it is not worse than gen in uniformity and cleanliness of application.
Unfortunately the fonts are perfect but thicker. But you really forget it soon

And don't forget the CRYSTAL really nice and very GEN-like, it enhances the beauty of the dial. It is a little purpple in some reflections. It is not at all like the bluish tint in some rep crystals, but much more faint and nice. KW says it is like GEN because the KW crystal is the same made in Swiss as gen, but I doubt it.

It is worth for the money ?? I hope to get an asnwer after the final review. At this moment, leaving aside accuracy, it is my preferred PAM (and the preferred of my wife !!)

When I finish the review, I can send it to you to see by yourself what I'm talking about.

ALE

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Ale, you have just made me order this watch!

GWT, what do you mean about the lume? Is it not that strong as you supposed it to be or is it bad applied?

The lume is just not strong, maybe like the gen (I really don't know)

But bear in mind that H maker is "overlumed"

The lume application is perfect even under the lens. It is awesome. I doubt that gen is better.

And don't buy yet the watch, wait for the review please.

ALE

s3g0y

Renowned Member
15/12/10
Ale, I just need to buy something. It's a habbit... you know what I'm talking about :)
I prefer ordering it now and sell in case I'm not happy, than to wait and encounter "out of stock" from a dealer after your final review.

;-)

GWT#1

Renowned Member
1/4/12
Where the bluegrass sways!
yes it looks good as far as application but just not as strong! It is probably superlume but not the h and noob superduper lume!!! :D:

Sorry for dust in pics did them with bad camera and rushed to set up tent! :facepalm:
Notice the lug screw in pic very nicely done loads of details on this watch are well done in my opinion! :thumbsup: but that is just my opinion...the crown and crown guard I think are really nicely done on my watch anyway
" Could this be a GEN ?? "

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Ale, I just need to buy something. It's a habbit... you know what I'm talking about :)
I prefer ordering it now and sell in case I'm not happy, than to wait and encounter "out of stock" from a dealer after your final review.

;-)

Up to you
You will not sell this WATCH (I have not write replica), believe me

ALE

GWT#1

Renowned Member
1/4/12
Where the bluegrass sways!
guess like any ...some are better then others ...the feel is different than noobs and h factory also SMOOTH!
AR is a little blue tint fit and finish is superb also.

D

d4m.test

Yep, the feel is different from noob and H factory offerings. I feel this watch would be the best in the line up if it wasn't for the lugs.

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Ale how does the inner CG corners look to you on the above pics?

Congrats !
The CG of your watch is the best of the KW boutiques I have seen
It is really very good, front and back.
Maybe KW is improving its production or, most likely, there are differences between units.

ALE

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
guess like any ...some are better then others ...the feel is different than noobs and h factory also SMOOTH!
AR is a little blue tint fit and finish is superb also.

Yep, the feel is different from noob and H factory offerings. I feel this watch would be the best in the line up if it wasn't for the lugs.

Different feeling this is the matter !

The crystal is faint purpple not blue IMHO. And I think it is an important part of this new feeling

ALE

Kleen

I'm Pretty Popular
13/3/13
Just received my KW417 - I am flabbergasted by the hands-on experience!

hurk

The sound of barf
Supporter
Certified
10/5/11
Joe's 417 is now mine!!!!!!! Muhahahahaha!!!!!!

baxter

14/6/12
Thanks COLDI
Yes the tip of the lever is wrong but I think Noob and H maker are wrong too. We will try to get definitve comparisons in the review.
The main flaw in KW lever is that it is not stuck to the case like Noob (h maker is not completely stuck either)
But lever body and roller part is almost perfect in KW (leaving aside roller pin axle) and completely wrong in Noob and h maker (very noticeable , mainly in Noob)

LUGS: We are trying to establish what is the truth.
KW lugs have clearly some flaws, but I think sincerely that others have flaws too.
Unfortunately I have not a gen at this moment to make a direct comparison, we must work with pics and Photoshop, and we need the same pic angle, distance and focal distance and similar light conditions.
We are now trying to get this conditions to make PS comparisons.
I hope to know the truth about lugs in this review.
And we have found interesting things which need confirnation.

ALE

don't know if this helps re lugs but a few pics of my gen 240 against my KV 411

Flaws aside this watch is amazing the most gen feeling rep i have ( and i have a few ) Don't know what it is about this watch but for me it's got that certain something that not even my V3 111 has.

hurk

The sound of barf
Supporter
Certified
10/5/11
What are the major flaws on this watch?

Full review for this is yet to be revealed correct?

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
don't know if this helps re lugs but a few pics of my gen 240 against my KV 411

Flaws aside this watch is amazing the most gen feeling rep i have ( and i have a few ) Don't know what it is about this watch but for me it's got that certain something that not even my V3 111 has.

Hi baxter
Firstly many thanks for your pics and info.They are really interesting.
All info about comparisons to the gen are welcome.

We would need to assure that this Luminor case is exactly the same for automatic 7750 based movements, like the OPIII of your gen, than for manual type 6497 or OPII like boutiques gen.
Please PAM experts inform if you have more info about that.

If we confirm this info, then your case should be the same as the current Boutiques. I would like to confirm an observation in your side pics.
Are the KW 417 higher than PAM 240 ?
I'm talking height from the base of the lugs to the upper part of the bezel, leaving aside the Crystal.
It is very important for me to know exactly this info, in order to complete another observation in the started review.
But only if the cases are the same.
Your kind cooperation would be very appreciated

If we confirm the case is the same, we could have a reference for some specific pics, if you are willing to cooperate taken them if necessary. OK?

Many thanks again my friend

ALE

"Flaws aside this watch is amazing the most gen feeling rep i have ( and i have a few ) Don't know what it is about this watch but for me it's got that certain something that not even my V3 111 has."
More or less these were my thoughts when I received and saw this watch.
I think is the genaral finsh quality, the quality of the dial and the CRYSTAL ! You forget the accuracy !!