• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Reservation list for 42 mm(5GPO) Sunnydale PO crystals

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
I put it in a V4 case and I was surprised how easy the original crystal came out. The gasket stayed in the case and I just popped the Sunnydale crystal in. It went in pretty easy but I'm not sure it was any different than the one that came out. It seemed to be identical in both size and thickness to the V4 crystal when side by side.

As it is currently, I wouldn't want to take it swimming without re-setting it with watchmaker's crystal glue.

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
Tried on the V5 case and also that one off Hont LM model that came out recently. Wouldn't work for me on V5 with gen gasket (I have a few lying about) but works fine with rep V5 gasket, perhaps I just didn't use enough force with the gen gasket but it did seem overly tight so didn't force it. The hont LM it wouldn't work with gen PO gasket (too tight) or V5 rep gasket (way too loose) but did work with the given LM gasket which was a little tight (somewhere in between the other two).
I have a V4 case somewhere with a uwe crystal in, must try the sunny crystal in it sometime. I'd imagine sunnys crystal will fit all these cases?... but with some variation in gasket thickness it seems it needs more force to go in some than others?

Yeah well, Q's is a V5 and the gen gasket was too small inside diameter, so the Sunny crystal was loose if that makes sense.

sunnydale

Put Some Respect On My Name
29/8/09
My Gen 2500D PO today....

IMAG0163.jpg

The SunnyD crystal on my Franken looks pretty good. Thanks R2 and Katt!

Is that a full gen or the same as in R2D4s pictures with my crystal? Now you got me confused :) Can't wait to get that DW :)

Hey guys, great conversation, this will be helpful for others too!

I am so glad to see my crystals installed and your great photo shooting skills! Customer pictures are the best marketing material ever :)

sunnydale

29/8/09
NOTE! I am leaving for a holiday tomorrow and will be back 10.2. Until that I cannot ship crystals. I still have around 30 to sell so don't worry! I will get back to you when I am home again.

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
Is that a full gen or the same as in R2D4s pictures with my crystal? Now you got me confused :) Can't wait to get that DW :)

Q's is full up gen 42MM 2500D from Switzerland. ;) His Orange is the Rep, next to my 2500C.

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
See guys? Rep's do help Gen sales!

R2 and I loved our rep PO's so much, we both bought a Gen. :lol:

deef3

Horology Curious
28/11/11
If you have Gen dial and hands, you NEED this crystal. Well unless you have Gen crystal. ;)
gasejyge.jpg

2edetesa.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

pretender

Renowned Member
3/12/12
Australia
I should receive my 42m crPO today and i still havent put my Sunnydale Super Duper AR crystal on yet (was intending to go on my v5 PO or PO LM) happy to take some photos and compare if you like

s3g0y

Renowned Member
15/12/10
I noticed in another thread the comparison picture of sunny's crystal and a rep crystal in 42mm 5gen PO. Look:

dsc0320ot.jpg

The difference is quite visible. How does it look mounted in the case. Can some of you guys show some pictures taken from the side profile, please ?

sunnydale

29/8/09
I noticed in another thread the comparison picture of sunny's crystal and a rep crystal in 42mm 5gen PO. Look:

dsc0320ot.jpg

The difference is quite visible. How does it look mounted in the case. Can some of you guys show some pictures taken from the side profile, please ?

My crystal is made of a rep 42 mm PO crystal so they are 100% same thickness. That another one is not a PO crystal. Please show us the original thread. I don't like this kind of posts since there are alot of pictures earlier and happy members but I am interested to see the original thread. And just to make sure, I don't like this kind of posts if you are not sure what you are talking about and post like that is the truth.

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
As I posted earlier the crystal was exactly the same height as my crystal from the 42 PO 4th gen.

pretender

Renowned Member
3/12/12
Australia
yeah the Sunny crystal smokes the v5 PO crystal (unless you like the very blue hue/reflection)

the v4 PO and LM PO use a thinner crystal

mattcops

26/10/11
Is there a particular guide to replacing the crystal to fit Sunnys? I'm in the UK and don't want to wait 3 months to send to wiz just to replace a crystal.. I'm assuming I need a crystal press..