• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Reservation list for 42 mm(5GPO) Sunnydale PO crystals

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
Is there a particular guide to replacing the crystal to fit Sunnys? I'm in the UK and don't want to wait 3 months to send to wiz just to replace a crystal.. I'm assuming I need a crystal press..

It is very easy, yet not so easy. :)

Uncase the movement, I use winding position when removing the stem, Pop the old crystal out with your thumb. Leave gasket in. Add a very light coat of silicone grease on gasket, wipe off any excess. Insert new crystal as evenly as you can. Keep the press centered and tighten. You may need to release, check and move a smaller die around the edges. Make sure the die doesn't also press the insert. ;)

mattcops

26/10/11
It is very easy, yet not so easy. :)

Uncase the movement, I use winding position when removing the stem, Pop the old crystal out with your thumb. Leave gasket in. Add a very light coat of silicone grease on gasket, wipe off any excess. Insert new crystal as evenly as you can. Keep the press centered and tighten. You may need to release, check and move a smaller die around the edges. Make sure the die doesn't also press the insert. ;)

Where are you located r2d2... I may have to pass the watch over to you that all sounds a bit too nerve racking for me!

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
Sorry Sunny, it must be the liquid metal crystal next to yours or so. I'm not sure.

This is the original thread.
http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/42mm-planet-ocean-133084?t=133084

I will mount your crystal to my 5gen 42mm in a few days - after that I'll post my own photos. It wasn't my intention to make any mess, was just curious. No offence mate.

Ok, not to clog up this thread but... There are probably other variations of this 42PO that can make a bit of a difference. For example, that post you show, the OP never says what watch it came from. Could be a one off from WatchEden or a DGXX model. Also, on the V2.5-V2.99-3 that crystal was thinner, but when you get the crystal in, it is so close and hardly noticeable. It was raised a bit.

The only thing you can do is try it on your watch. These are things you run into when modifying your watch.

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
I received my Fr5GPO from R2/Katt

Here are a few comparison pics of it with my Gen 2500D PO

IMAG0197.jpg

IMAG0198.jpg

IMAG0200.jpg

IMAG0199-1.jpg

IMAG0193-1.jpg

IMAG0194-2.jpg

IMAG0190.jpg

IMAG0191-1.jpg

IMAG0188-1.jpg

IMAG0187-1.jpg

Pretty close SunnyD! Thanks :thumbsup:

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
That is one beautiful franken I really enjoyed having that watch in my possession. Congrats EJ! Thanks for posting.

Sent from my Galaxy Tab 2 using Tapatalk

drbollocko

I'm Pretty Popular
12/11/10
Lovely pics, two damn cool watches with great AR! I love that integrated rubber strap with white stitching, must get one. The isofrane looks cool aswell!

BaggyPants

Renowned Member
24/11/12
Stunning! Absolutely stunning! :) I have both of those and the pumpkin variant, all in standard v.5 trim, although the white numbered one is currently with Wiz having gen crown/tube, relume, waterproof and regulate, plus a UPO and a 42mm CrPO on the way. I like my PO's :D

pretender

Renowned Member
3/12/12
Australia
Stunning! Absolutely stunning! :) I have both of those and the pumpkin variant, all in standard v.5 trim, although the white numbered one is currently with Wiz having gen crown/tube, relume, waterproof and regulate, plus a UPO and a 42mm CrPO on the way. I like my PO's :D

I share the same PO addiction :D

I think the titanium 45mm version is next for me

sunnydale

Put Some Respect On My Name
29/8/09
Sorry Sunny, it must be the liquid metal crystal next to yours or so. I'm not sure.

This is the original thread.
http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/42mm-planet-ocean-133084?t=133084

I will mount your crystal to my 5gen 42mm in a few days - after that I'll post my own photos. It wasn't my intention to make any mess, was just curious. No offence mate.

No probs mate, thanks for the link, interesting to see what version that is.

Ok, not to clog up this thread but... There are probably other variations of this 42PO that can make a bit of a difference. For example, that post you show, the OP never says what watch it came from. Could be a one off from WatchEden or a DGXX model. Also, on the V2.5-V2.99-3 that crystal was thinner, but when you get the crystal in, it is so close and hardly noticeable. It was raised a bit.

The only thing you can do is try it on your watch. These are things you run into when modifying your watch.

Thanks, very informative! I know that cheaper versions like Narikaa 45.5 mm has thinner crystal and it is also bigger in diameter than UPO. Might be same with 42 mm model. I had DGsomething movement version and it is 1:1 to best PO.

I received my Fr5GPO from R2/Katt

Here are a few comparison pics of it with my Gen 2500D PO

Pretty close SunnyD! Thanks :thumbsup:

WOW! I cannot see any difference! Thanks for the pics, great stuff!

By the way, back from holidays ready to ship! Much interest, but still plenty to sell!

deef3

Horology Curious
28/11/11
Put the crystal in a week or so ago. Makes the Gen dial and hands stand out so much more. I can't stop looking at it!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

sunnydale

29/8/09
Put the crystal in a week or so ago. Makes the Gen dial and hands stand out so much more. I can't stop looking at it!

Yeah I noticed that you had already put some pictures after I sent you that pm :) Anyway, thanks for the extra pics, looks stunning!

deef3

Horology Curious
28/11/11
Yeah I noticed that you had already put some pictures after I sent you that pm :) Anyway, thanks for the extra pics, looks stunning!

I couldn't remember what thread I posted in haha. Thanks again!

co-axial

Legendary Member
Advisor
16/9/10
Just paid for mine :) Thanks Sunny :thumbsup:

:facepalm: first step to franken.

I have: PO 5 th Gen 2824, sunny crystal, gen tube/ crown

Missing: gen bezel, hands, dial

Way to go :D:

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
Just paid for mine :) Thanks Sunny :thumbsup:

:facepalm: first step to franken.

I have: PO 5 th Gen 2824, sunny crystal, gen tube/ crown

Missing: gen bezel, hands, dial

Way to go :D:

:woot: Pretty close! If i get any of them in my hands i will let you know.

I will be waiting a nice thread by the way when its done :popcorn:

sunnydale

29/8/09

We count on you Pap! You are a wizard finding gen stuff like those IWC dials, amazing :)

Mee too, popcorns ready for the thread P!

co-axial

Legendary Member
Advisor
16/9/10

Don't really know if this will be a job for old co- ax or young Wiz:thinking: