• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Reservation list for 42 mm(5GPO) Sunnydale PO crystals

sunnydale

Put Some Respect On My Name
29/8/09
I am about to order double side AR coated sapphire crystals for 42 mm PO.

This time I am using my new colorless double side AR coating.

I need to gather enough interested members to make this happen. Price is $65 shipped with PP fees and tracking. It is higher than last time but I am using better sapphire material and the coating costs more. I will take payments only after I have the crystals done and ready for shipping.

I don't have pictures of this particular crystal but you will see how the AR looks from this SMP Chrono that has the same coating done. NOTE THESE CRYSTALS ARE NOT FOR SMP CHRONO.

WP_000056.jpg

IMG_2624.jpg

IMG_2611.jpg

IMG_42681024x768.jpg

IMG_42631024x768-1.jpg

Turnaround time is around 2-4 weeks after I order the crystals.

Update 29.12.2012

First names from this thread:
santre22
federicoandco
mattsheehan
KBH
dbane883
drbollocko 3-4
jfm741
Boneventura
mrjohan
Lartamia
bowers
blackmagik
thesis
Z3k0
risdian
Mulle
ajs914
bosinsky
importedfob
walkerpc
escaped
Bomba
johnnoblin
prb
jackflash
jung
Melikey
mch2112
freezer777
DA2EASY
keane.dp
tome
VAP1
Tribun
thatitalian
gurulikedrucker
Cromag
watchman12345
navik
XFi
jamztio
Lezzare
pippo

Then names from other threads and pms:
ShiroTenshi
tracyl
Sgn_vn
olworthers
kmac
blurblur
dsmdave
jsizzie_2004

Please remember this doesn't bind you to buy one :)

mattsheehan

14/6/09
will the crystals be better quality than the rep besides the AR. I read that the genuine crystals are thicker than that of the rep.

sunnydale

29/8/09
will the crystals be better quality than the rep besides the AR. I read that the genuine crystals are thicker than that of the rep.

These crystals are made with a rep crystal as a sample. If you can directly change a gen crystal to your PO, it cannot differ much from the rep crystal. Someone correct me if I am wrong. I have more knowledge of UPOs.

mattsheehan

14/6/09
These crystals are made with a rep crystal as a sample. If you can directly change a gen crystal to your PO, it cannot differ much from the rep crystal. Someone correct me if I am wrong. I have more knowledge of UPOs.

Ok. I'll take one then.

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09

I have alerted the Franken Godfather to answer this....... :r2d4:

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
The problem with the rep case is that the gen case was made to house a slightly thinner movement. So the rehaut or case design might be ever so slightly different. The last two (gen crystal swaps) I did, were very close. I think the difference is negligible. 1/4 of a MM maybe? So Yeah the gen crystal my be a bit thicker. In the grand scheme of things I believe the AR on Ate's crystals is better than rep. I have not seen his (Ate's) colorless stuff yet, in person however. Remember the newest PO crystals from Omega are now a greyish color but unless you have a Coaxial C or D datewheel, it won't matter. Hope that helps.

As far as the older sapphire vs newer, I never saw any issues with quality on the older ones. So if the newer is even better, that's a no brainer.

sunnydale

29/8/09
The problem with the rep case is that the gen case was made to house a slightly thinner movement. So the rehaut or case design might be ever so slightly different. The last two (gen crystal swaps) I did, were very close. I think the difference is negligible. 1/4 of a MM maybe? So Yeah the gen crystal my be a bit thicker. In the grand scheme of things I believe the AR on Ate's crystals is better than rep. I have not seen his (Ate's) colorless stuff yet however. Remember the newest PO crystals from Omega are now a greyish color but unless you have a Coaxial C or D datewheel, it won't matter. Hope that helps.

Thanks for the info! Wiz has actually one of my colorless crystals for UPO, hopefully he can share his thoughts of it. You should see one also as Q5? will get his 42 mm crystal (hopefully soon!).

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
I will send mine to Katt when it comes or maybe R2 will do the swap? :whistle:

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
I'm in for one, although the gen dial and hands I bought have been in ISC, NYC for 3 weeks. I sure hope they aren't lost in the mail......

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
I should also mention that the gen bezel might be lower and that might be causing the height difference instead of the crystal. I never really measured the rep vs gen with a definitive scientific measure other than to use a caliper and since it's domed that may difficult to do without an optical comparator..

mattsheehan

14/6/09
The problem with the rep case is that the gen case was made to house a slightly thinner movement. So the rehaut or case design might be ever so slightly different. The last two (gen crystal swaps) I did, were very close. I think the difference is negligible. 1/4 of a MM maybe? So Yeah the gen crystal my be a bit thicker. In the grand scheme of things I believe the AR on Ate's crystals is better than rep. I have not seen his (Ate's) colorless stuff yet, in person however. Remember the newest PO crystals from Omega are now a greyish color but unless you have a Coaxial C or D datewheel, it won't matter. Hope that helps.

As far as the older sapphire vs newer, I never saw any issues with quality on the older ones. So if the newer is even better, that's a no brainer.

Sorry, Whos "Ate"?

dbane883

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/12
Count me in.

Is that a Gen SMP or rep? I have a gen of that and if that's a rep, then it's tremendous!

drbollocko

I'm Pretty Popular
12/11/10
I'll take a least 3 possibly 4. I'm also interested in the prices of the super duper local factory type when they come available.

Just to clarify the colourless one on offer here is the 3rd one from the left below (or 2nd last one)??

IMG_42371024x294.jpg

IMG_42411024x329.jpg

sunnydale

29/8/09
I'll take a least 3 possibly 4. I'm also interested in the prices of the super duper local factory type when they come available.

Just to clarify the colourless one on offer here is the 3rd one from the left below (or 2nd last one)??

Great mate! Yes the colorless one is the 3rd one from the left. I was thinking of the super duper coating but the price would be higher. The price got up already because of the updates. But if I somehow change to super duper without price change, I think no one will be pissed off ;)