• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AP Diver V3 - PRE-ORDER Open (Puretime)!

bellross

Known Member
28/2/10
Lucky guys! I thought the V2 was fantastic, but the new V3 looks incredible. Enjoy.

Edgematic

I'm Pretty Popular
5/8/08
Are there people who already take a swim or so whit this new V3? I really want to know, cause im going on vacation in a few weeks. And want to take the watertest. Thanks!
This means you received it?!! Would be great for you!
It has been itching to take it for a swim but I won't risk it. I'll take it to a watchsmith before I'm leaving on Holiday. And I'll go diving!

oberblender

Certified
20/4/08
It has been itching to take it for a swim but I won't risk it. I'll take it to a watchsmith before I'm leaving on Holiday. And I'll go diving!

Luckily I bought a pressure tester some weeks ago, so I'll water-test mine when it arrives in a few days :)

Rogers

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/10/10

Hi you, my v3 is on its way! Hopefully i recieve it in a few days :) I think i will bring the watch to the nearest watchsmit here in town to do a waterproof test.

howardtnyc

23/2/12
i think its on the upper arm side to avoid being touched/moved during a dive. that way you have to set your dive time before you put the watch on, and it wont change over the course of the dive.

If i'm wrong, i'm hoping it was a good guess lol

I dunno seems impractical
I'm a diver
Usually I set my dive start time while bobbing on the surface of the ocean about to descend
Not a good time for an awkward move
Also how are you supposed to unscrew and rescrew the crown under those circumstances
To me this is totally impractical for actual diving
(not a rep issue of course, gen is same)
Doesn't mean its not a nice watch but I think I'll stick w a 243 for actual diving

ryoga28

Horology Curious
21/12/09
Mine was shipped on 5/30...I hope I will get it by 6/4 as I am away for 2 weeks in Hawaii visiting family...

I actually asked Doris if I should have it shipped to Hawaii instead but didn't get a reply...Hopefully the package doesn't get returned.

ajminla

31/1/07
The problem as I see it is that a dealer creates high expectations when the replica is touted as as 1:1 with side by side breakdown pictures that are fantastic. That's what I expect then. And prices have gone up to reflect the higher quality reps. I don't remember similar QC variations from watch to watch with other replica watches that I have purchased over the years like the Hublot BB, Ceramic Sub, Pam111n and Pam Diver. I think the pre-order craze is a problem as the dealer is pressured to get out a 1000 watches ASAP.

...or more because it's a small town and a very specific watch.

Only forums members, looking at watches through macro pics, would notice such a detail. Regular people are not anywhere as anal as us. I know a fair share of gen owners and I can guarantee they could wear the watch for months before nothing there is something wrong. If they ever notice it at all...

Still, when it comes to replicas, people need to get their expectations straight. It's best if the watch you're buying has no defect at all, but considering it's a 300 euros watch, furthermore a replica, a certain level of defect is acceptable. It you can't live with that, just buy gens.

gaizka

11/10/11
Mine was shipped on 5/30...I hope I will get it by 6/4 as I am away for 2 weeks in Hawaii visiting family...

I actually asked Doris if I should have it shipped to Hawaii instead but didn't get a reply...Hopefully the package doesn't get returned.

does it really ship and arrive that fast?!
I'm on the west coast was wondering what the fastest would be with EMS, and I'm talking actual arrival to the states/ not counting time in customs jail

Winemaker

I'm Pretty Popular
4/9/10
I'm on the west coast was wondering what the fastest would be with EMS, and I'm talking actual arrival to the states/ not counting time in customs jail

Normally three days to customs, then ???? Sometimes it clears in 1/2 day sometimes 3 or 4 days.

GreenHornet

Known Member
30/8/10

I'm in Atlanta, and I have received packages as quick as 4 days at my door via EMS from China........ And as slow as 12 days from the same TD..

watchfaker

26/12/10
here's the 2nd watch from PT's QC:
I think this one is a huge improvement to the first (first one the bottom half of inner bezel markers were way off)
The only thing I can see is that in the straight front shot, the triangle isnt perfectly aligned (can probably be rotated) and in turn the 3 o clock marker isnt aligned perfectly. I asked for them to align it at 12o clock and retake picture.

anything else you guys see that I have missed?

QTm1q.jpg

mw8mI.jpg

the lume also looks pretty good:
Uik96.jpg

jackagi

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
8/10/11
It would be ridiculous if you don't take this one. It is nearly perfect.