• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AP Diver V3 - PRE-ORDER Open (Puretime)!

jerezblack

Known Member
6/9/11
If either of you guys reject the watch, please let me know. They looks fine to me. I seen gens that have misplaced even worst.

Wiz

Mythical Poster
9/8/09
So? Let him reject it if he wants, and let someone else take it.

This isn't about "its still a replica" and matching the gen.

It's about matching the quality we have all seen in the same replica photos. If any watch is defective it shouldn't cost the same as one that isn't defective. Defective in this case meaning having flaws that the other AP V3 Diver reps don't have.
Sorry mate, but you can't expect all the reps to be without any defects. Even gens don't all come without defects.

Here is a photo I took a few weeks ago, it's a gen Rolex in the front store of an AD, and still, the pearl is missaligned:

DSC_0892.jpg

The "slightly" missaligned bezel on the AP is typically the kind of flaw that is acceptable on a rep, and that shouldn't justify rejecting the watch.

At least in my opinion...

Artie Lange

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/8/08
Sorry mate, but you can't expect all the reps to be without any defects. Even gens don't all come without defects. Here is a photo I took a few weeks ago, it's a gen Rolex in the front store of an AD, and still, the pearl is missaligned

And that Rolex remains there unsold because its defective.

Wiz

Mythical Poster
9/8/09
And that Rolex remains there unsold because its defective.
...or more because it's a small town and a very specific watch.

Only forums members, looking at watches through macro pics, would notice such a detail. Regular people are not anywhere as anal as us. I know a fair share of gen owners and I can guarantee they could wear the watch for months before nothing there is something wrong. If they ever notice it at all...

Still, when it comes to replicas, people need to get their expectations straight. It's best if the watch you're buying has no defect at all, but considering it's a 300 euros watch, furthermore a replica, a certain level of defect is acceptable. It you can't live with that, just buy gens.

Rogers

15/10/10
I think it is better to have a rep whit a minor flaw, it is more one of a kind. Every watch has flaws rep or gen, it makes no differents.

Wiz

Mythical Poster
9/8/09
Do you think a $300 rep is allowed more flaws than a $50 Seiko?

The discard policy for gens or reps is not the same at all. You have way less chances of finding flaws in a gen in the same price range as your rep, so as I said in my previous post:

It you can't live with that, just buy gens.

Alternatively, you can of course buy 5 (or more) pieces of the same rep, built yourself a perfect one from all the parts, and sell the 4 remaining watches.
But expecting the same from a replica watch than from a famous brand is just unreal.

guru

Advisor
Advisor
Certified
30/9/06
So? Let him reject it if he wants, and let someone else take it.

This isn't about "its still a replica" and matching the gen.

It's about matching the quality we have all seen in the same replica photos. If any watch is defective it shouldn't cost the same as one that isn't defective. Defective in this case meaning having flaws that the other AP V3 Diver reps don't have.

Artie, please stay out of this discussion regarding the QC pics. Read this and please follow the rules regarding QC pics.
http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/purpose-qc-pictures-95316
This is a replica forum, if you want first class quality, you need to buy a gen watch. This discussion has to stop now, otherwise I will close this thread.
Wiz is right, this is a macro shot. If this QC macro shot discussion will not end, the staff of RWI will probably forbid posting of QC pictures.

panasol

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/11
EU
I asked for some more pics and here they are...
what do you think?
Now , I think it's fine....:)

IMG_0028.jpg

IMG_0026.jpg

IMG_0030.jpg

IMG_0027.jpg

sharrkey

Legendary Member
Advisor
14/6/08
It looks great to me, mine has a few flaws that you can only see with a macro shot, do I care NO, so long as your happy then accept the watch.
I've had mine for over a week now and still can't get over the quality.

antsink28

Horology Curious
24/11/10
looks better than fine mate! just the screws need to be re-aligned, but that's an easy fix!

howardtnyc

23/2/12
Looks fine to me
Might be just the camera angle
I'll buy there isn't 1 in 100 gen buyers who study their purchase as closely as some of us do :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

HR911

Renowned Member
27/8/09
UK
Macro shots are very useful but they should really be taken into context.
My V3 arrived yesterday and there were some concerns from my QC pics.
I approved anyway and it got sent to me.

The reality on your wrist is that I love it....simple!

panasol

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/11
EU
thank you guys..:)
I asked Angus to ship it..:)
you've been really helpful to me...:)

inferno

Looking Around
17/2/12
Macro shots are very useful but they should really be taken into context.
My V3 arrived yesterday and there were some concerns from my QC pics.
I approved anyway and it got sent to me.

The reality on your wrist is that I love it....simple!

Exactly my story. There were lots of issues on inner bezel lume application in my QC pics, but turned out they could be hardly caught when I actually see it, and the watch is just magnificent.