• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AP Diver V3 - PRE-ORDER Open (Puretime)!

Cmmatthews

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/5/12
well, looks like my order was not in batch 2. wish angus was a little better with updates and ETAs.

kindred666

12/3/12
Just got word, payment before 22nd April should have receive or receiving their Diver, after 22nd should be getting QC within a week...

howardtnyc

23/2/12
Got my v3 the other day. Very nice
Anyone know why the bezel knob is on the left side?? I know the gen is this way as well but seems super awkward to me
Wonder why they didn't just put this near the crown...
ad463872-44db-ff77.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk H

mike 8

Legendary Member
13/8/11
Anyone know why the bezel knob is on the left side?? I know the gen is this way as well but seems super awkward to me
ad463872-44db-ff77.jpg

That controls the chapter ring

andyaudi42

11/11/07
ad463872-44db-ff77.jpg

i think its on the upper arm side to avoid being touched/moved during a dive. that way you have to set your dive time before you put the watch on, and it wont change over the course of the dive.

If i'm wrong, i'm hoping it was a good guess lol

Edgematic

I'm Pretty Popular
5/8/08
i think its on the upper arm side to avoid being touched/moved during a dive. that way you have to set your dive time before you put the watch on, and it wont change over the course of the dive.

If i'm wrong, i'm hoping it was a good guess lol

Totally correct :)

Also, imo it just would look bad if it were on the right side of the watch.

GreenHornet

Known Member
30/8/10
Just got word, payment before 22nd April should have receive or receiving their Diver, after 22nd should be getting QC within a week...

Hmmmm, paid on the 21st, have yet to receive QC pics.

Might shoot off a PM to Angus or an update.

antsink28

Horology Curious
24/11/10
img03491.jpg

Got my QC today. By the way I paid for mine on the 24th April for people wondering where there up2.
The lume on 5 is a little sloppy and a few screws look misaligned, but its better than some i've seen.
Should I reject or accept?

GreenHornet

Known Member
30/8/10
img03491.jpg

Got my QC today. By the way I paid for mine on the 24th April for people wondering where there up2.
The lume on 5 is a little sloppy and a few screws look misaligned, but its better than some i've seen.

No need to reject in my view. You are getting what you paid for and it's a beauty.

guru

Advisor
Advisor
Certified
30/9/06
This is a nice watch,but for diving totally impractical. Most of the time you use gloves
and you set the time when you are in the water. This AP diver is made for none divers.
A diving watch has a bezel on the watch which you can handle with the right hand
to set the time. You do not want to fiddle around.
Anyhow, it is good looking watch but not many people are spending 15 k for it.

Sent from Gurus iPad using Tapatalk

Racer686

10/10/10
this example is pretty damn ggood! I'd accept it. You should have seen the 1st one I rejected. It makes yours look like a gen..

Pete

img03491.jpg

antsink28

Horology Curious
24/11/10
Thanks Racer686. I have accepted. I know its better than some i have seen, I got a QC some one rejected from the last batch and dam that looked like Stevie Wonder went to town on the lume! When Its on the wrist at 42mm you won't notice it. Have you got new QC's yet?

Edgematic

I'm Pretty Popular
5/8/08
This is a nice watch,but for diving totally impractical. Most of the time you use gloves
and you set the time when you are in the water. This AP diver is made for none divers.
A diving watch has a bezel on the watch which you can handle with the right hand
to set the time. You do not want to fiddle around.
Anyhow, it is good looking watch but not many people are spending 15 k for it.

Sent from Gurus iPad using Tapatalk

Actually this is a great seller within the AP ROO line (gen I am speaking of) and concerning diver's watches, many high end watch brands offer diving watches, but how many divers actually use them as a diving watch?

This applies to every diving watch within the high end brands, not only to the AP Diver. The diving ring is being set right before you enter the water. During the diver you don't turn the bezel. As far as my diving experience goes.

View my pictorial thread to see some pics of the watch on a wetsuit, it fits on a 5mm suit.

It is a wonderful watch indeed.

oberblender

Certified
20/4/08
Look what arrived for me in the UK today :)
Hopefully now only about a week till I have it in my hands...

Rogers

15/10/10
Are there people who already take a swim or so whit this new V3? I really want to know, cause im going on vacation in a few weeks. And want to take the watertest. Thanks!

Racer686

10/10/10
Thanks Racer686. I have accepted. I know its better than some i have seen, I got a QC some one rejected from the last batch and dam that looked like Stevie Wonder went to town on the lume! When Its on the wrist at 42mm you won't notice it. Have you got new QC's yet?

Yes. I actually received the 2nd watch. QC pix play games with your mind because of the macro. I've had it for 2 weeks and it hasn't left my wrist, to the sighs of the other 40 watches in the stable.

Pete

ichi

25/4/12
Has batch 2 been delivered yet?

My watches from batch two cleared customs yesterday right around the corner from where i live. I should receive them in the next day or two.

GreenHornet

Known Member
30/8/10
My watches from batch two cleared customs yesterday right around the corner from where i live. I should receive them in the next day or two.
Mine shipped yesterday. Tracking shows its still in China today. Hope to receive it Saturday.