• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

I know Andrew is not trusted here but what he did for me was pretty cool

QinetiQ

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
6/8/09
My dealer of choice has been MR ever since they came here. Perfect service everytime and we sometimes even talk about things other than watches. I consider MR a friend. Unfortunately he was unable to source me a V6 gummy strap and Andrew was the only dealer that could. Normally I only support trusted dealers but in this case I had no other option. Well anyway, I bought the strap and received it today. It even came with clasp that I didn't pay for. The bad thing was that he sent me a rubber strap instead of leather gummy. I emailed him and he replied saying that he will send me the V6 leather gummy and that I can keep the rubber strap and clasp anyway. That in my book is pretty cool. MR is still the dealer of my choice because I have developed a friendly relationship with him but Andrew treated me quite well too. The aim of this thread is not to support him as a dealer, not at all, I would have done the same thing if it was someone else. I just thought it was pretty cool and decided to share it with you guys

guanaco

Mythical Poster
Advisor
16/7/07
Sidi Power Plant
His service is indeed good and has been like that since I can remember and was never questioned. :) No worries, I understand that when a dealer treats you good it needs to be heard, all other ethical issues aside, Andrew has excellent customer service. Glad to hear everything went for the best with your transaction.

Spboudart

Put Some Respect On My Name
26/9/08
Definitely pretty cool, some of our dealer could learn from that instead of arguing 20$ problems for hours. But on the other hand member should not expect to have this kind of treatment always.
Anyway great publicity for Andrew.

coop

Supporter
Advisor
11/10/06
Andrews service has always been outstanding anytime I have purchased from him in the past. We have to remember that service issues with him are not the reason he is not trusted here anymore.

Pix

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Advisor
Certified
22/12/06
FR
Did you get the gummy strap yet ?

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
Is it time to consider making Andrew a TD again?

WAIT!! Don't pelt me with rocks or bring out the ban-hammer, please.
I fully understand why he was dropped and that many veteran members here feel strongly about it.

But seeing as how we've had a rash of bad service, poor communications, wrong watches sent, and much effort in making problems right from many dealers, perhaps it's time to put some new ponies in the stable.

Now, I don't spend much time on other forums, but nearly all the feedback I've seen for Andrew has been positive. Higher prices, but worth it if you're actually going to be treated like a valued customer, IMO.

I've never bought from him, and have no dog in this hunt. But is it time to explore and discuss the option?

(ducking behind bed)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

avenger007

Advisor
21/2/09
Can you tell me what he provides that the other dealers here do not? I've been able to find every item he has plus some he hasn't at a cheaper price from the dealers here. I don't see the point in adding something inferior to what is already here. He seems to be a good dealer an good luck to those that desire to use him. He's definitely earned his reputation.

Pix

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Advisor
Certified
22/12/06
FR
Did you get the gummy strap yet ?

What I see is that he delivered the wrong item, maybe because he cannot get what others can't either ?
Offering a 30 usd strap (it costs the dealer half, or less) is not impressing me.

As Avenger says, I don't see any extraordinary behaviour neither in your case nor in what he brings to the community.

sharrkey

Legendary Member
Advisor
14/6/08
No reason for you to get pelt'd with rocks, lol, for some reason i dont even think Josh or Andrew would come back to Rwi, they have no real need to, most on Rwi will still buy from them, I bought my recent 360 from Josh and received excellent service..

Is it time to consider making Andrew a TD again?

WAIT!! Don't pelt me with rocks or bring out the ban-hammer, please.
I fully understand why he was dropped and that many veteran members here feel strongly about it.

But seeing as how we've had a rash of bad service, poor communications, wrong watches sent, and much effort in making problems right from many dealers, perhaps it's time to put some new ponies in the stable.

Now, I don't spend much time on other forums, but nearly all the feedback I've seen for Andrew has been positive. Higher prices, but worth it if you're actually going to be treated like a valued customer, IMO.

I've never bought from him, and have no dog in this hunt. But is it time to explore and discuss the option?

(ducking behind bed)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

QinetiQ

Banned
6/8/09
What I see is that he delivered the wrong item, maybe because he cannot get what others can't either ?
Offering a 30 usd strap (it costs the dealer half, or less) is not impressing me.

As Avenger says, I don't see any extraordinary behaviour neither in your case nor in what he brings to the community.

Well I haven't gotten the strap yet but I did get a tracking number. It'd be dumb of him to send me the wrong strap again. If he did then good for me, one of those rubber straps + clasps can be sold for over $80 so I'll get my money back twice.

I'm not trying to persuade anyone into bringing Andrew as a trusted dealer, not at all. As I said, my intention was to only share the experience I've had.

It may not impress you but it sure does impress me. I'll keep the dealer's name to myself but about a year ago I almost quit this hobby because of a dumb ass of a dealer who sent me a watch with f'd up screw and wanted me to pay for both the screws and shipping.

Just sayin......for me RM is the best dealer out there and that's why I use him regardless of what other dealers are offering me.

Pix

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Advisor
Certified
22/12/06
FR
:)
A v2 rubber strap + clasp cost 50 USD, at least that's what I've been paying several times. Anyway, to each his opinion. However I would rather have posted in the dealers' buyer reviews (others), as a testimony of your good experience, than in the General Discussions where it will definitely lead to a friends/foes of Andrew discussion.

I know it was not your intention, but again, I'm not impressed :)

Some monthes ago, Watcheden screwed my order 3 times, I got 2 free watches ;)
But I don't consider them as being gods for this, on the contrary.

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
Can you tell me what he provides that the other dealers here do not? I've been able to find every item he has plus some he hasn't at a cheaper price from the dealers here. I don't see the point in adding something inferior to what is already here. He seems to be a good dealer an good luck to those that desire to use him. He's definitely earned his reputation.

Yes - I can point out one thing he appears to offer that others can but often do not:
A speedy and easy remedy for mistakes.

Does he offer watches others do not? Rarely if ever.
Are his prices better? No - they are worse.
Does he never make a mistake? Nope - he makes those as well.
Does he argue and quibble and insist on being indemnified against any possible financial loss due to his mistakes? Not that I've seen. And THAT is the difference.

Like I said - I've never bought from him and probably never will as I really don't buy reps much anymore. But if I were to buy a rep tomorrow, I would want my dealer to
- answer my questions and requests promptly (within 24 hours)
- provide me order confirmation within 24 hours of me paying
- provide QC pics BEFORE shipping
- offer a speedy exchange if the watch is damaged/defective WITHOUT arguing and delaying
- Not ignore emails about problems
- Provide tracking info whenever something is sent
- Actually act as if my business is desired and appreciated
- Offer a fair price for the item - NOT necessarily the cheapest, but within reason

And these things seem to be harder and harder to come by, particularly if you want the complete list, by our list of TDs. Not always, but often.

Anyway - like I said, I don't really buy reps anymore, so it's no sweat off my brow. I just think the door should always be cracked open a bit to expand the list of available dealers, as these guys wax and wane in service.

QinetiQ

Banned
6/8/09
:)
A v2 rubber strap + clasp cost 50 USD, at least that's what I've been paying several times. Anyway, to each his opinion. However I would rather have posted in the dealers' buyer reviews (others), as a testimony of your good experience, than in the General Discussions where it will definitely lead to a friends/foes of Andrew discussion.

I know it was not your intention, but again, I'm not impressed :)

Some monthes ago, Watcheden screwed my order 3 times, I got 2 free watches ;)
But I don't consider them as being gods for this, on the contrary.

When did I say Andrew was a God? I think you're just taking this out of line. I see you're not a fan of Andrew but don't twist my words. As I said, I won't be buying from him just because of that but I thought what he did was a nice gesture. Most other dealers will ask you to ship back the strap and pay for the shipping before they send you the correct item. I'm not trying to convince you or anyone of anything but point here is that what he did is not what most dealers would do especially when you're a first time customer of theirs.

Pix

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Advisor
Certified
22/12/06
FR
When did I say Andrew was a God

Never, it's a way of interpreting what you said, nothing else. Let us know when you got your strap, I really hope it happens.

RWIGWH

RWI's Great White Hope
Supporter
10/2/07
The cartel would come back here in a heartbeat if invited, IMO. Not that it's ever gonna happen, but you should never say never...But this one is as close as it gets. I have bought once from Josh, (when he was a td here) never from Andrew. They seem a tad expensive, but it' nice to have choice, and you hear nothing but good things about customer service from their buyers.

QinetiQ

Banned
6/8/09
We don't use the same dealers.

MR has been the only dealer so far that has been exceptional in every single transaction I've had with him. I've tried almost every other dealer and no one has even come close to his service. That's why he's my dealer of a choice. I only used Andrew because MR was unable to get the strap and yes, Josh is the only person who can get that strap for now. I've seen a couple of people over at RG receiving the very same strap in the past couple of weeks. Regardless of that, MR is still my dealer

plymman

Renowned Member
13/10/10
I've also never had a problem with Andrew either and he's a fast communicator but I can see why he's not trusted here. The only problem I have is that several dealers on RWI are letting their standards slip, and rapidly. RWI keeps a close eye and an example of the type of TD I'm talking about has already been removed, but that doesn't make all TD'S equal. Recently I've had no communication, dead watches, unanswered mails, wrong tracking numbers and wrong watches from some of our TD's and absolutely perfect service from others that aren't trusted here.

I would rather put piece of mind over politics and unfortunately i've recently had a bad run with some of RWI'S TD'S which has meant all my recent purchases have come from dealers that aren't trusted here which is a real shame as I love this forum but am quickly losing faith with some of our dealers.

There are GREAT dealers here, no doubt, (hello Stan!) but there are also more than a few that have a great 6 months then go rapidly off the ball, making mistakes left right and centre. One thing that can be said for some of the more expensive dealers that aren't trusted here (you know who I mean) is that they have been consistently reliable year after year.

Pix

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Advisor
Certified
22/12/06
FR
QQ, QQ is the best choice ;)