• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Just Bought GEN DSSD any comparisons you would like to know

Warrcraft

Renowned Member
14/4/06
United States
i just ordered a gen DSSD and should have within 2-days. I also have the V4 from King. Are there any question or comparisons anyone may have that I would be happy to answer when I compare the two? i will keep a running list if any one does and answer them all in one thread.

Cam

RWIGWH

RWI's Great White Hope
Supporter
10/2/07
This will be very cool! Thanks Warrcraft for taking time out to do this. :wink:

LBHR

Horology Curious
30/4/09
Hi, Im new and love rep rolex's, I picked up my first DS last week. The last time I bought a Rep rolex (sub) was in the late 90's, My god I cant believe how far they hame since then. I think my DS is a V3 it has 2p case back gloss dial with thin white markers on the bezel. There is no laser etched rolex crown at the 6oclock position on the crystal, the pearl seemed to be very poor quality and detached from its perched position rather quickly. The band seemed to be too brushed giving it a very dull appearence, but came up greaat when it was given a good polish. The clasp lock too was poorly constructed, with the pin of the rolex crown showing on the underside. The printed rolex lettering on the clasp looks a touch light brown rather than black which is what I think it is supposed to be. The rest of the watch as far as I can tell is great. Inbetween the lugs is "original orlex design" wlith the o and r on rolex printed/stamped around the wrong way, why would this be. There may be some other things that I missed, but im am sure I will learn along the way...I would like to know if anyone one here would make me a SDDS mod with the modifications you have discussed here in order to brig one up to spec...thankyou

LBHR

Horology Curious
30/4/09
also I found this DS rep for sale is this a V4? it seems to be fairly good, in terms of correct matt dial ,pearl clasp lock and black lettering and the clasp, although the ring lock system lettering is deeply engraved and painted black...It claims to have a fully functioning Helium escape valve

can I please get your thoughts on this
here is the link

http://www.timeshops.net/RO7704_-_Rolex ... 8-3933.htm

rooster133

Mythical Poster
Advisor
25/7/08
Hey can you check if your gen says ORIG. ORLEX DESIGN between the lugs? :lol:

pcsam

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
22/3/09
rooster133 said:
that one will be a collectors piece mate :D :mrgreen:

RolexAddict

Dealer (watch buildings)
Trusted Dealer
27/10/07
rooster133 said:

:lol:

the first thing to do to test a gen DSSD is to dive 4000 meters deep, just to test if all o-rings are well greased,

also movement pics,

then post pics with a postit with the date and the deep,

I will also buy tomorrow a deap see and also a gold plated PN 6263 , just 50€k,
peanuts, you will have the complete rewiew next week

:mrgreen:

D

d4m.test

The ignorance of dealers never ceases to amaze me... This link shows the ULTIMATE OF THE ULTIMATE, 1:1 NEVER GOING TO BE A BETTER VERSION MADE.
It comes complete with working Helium Escape Valve... Then look at the picture of him pressing the HEV IN... YEP, thats right folks, the HEV is BACKWARDS.
I can only imagine how water is going to RUSH IN to that watch case if put under pressure!
Good job guys, keep up the good work!

LBHR said:
also I found this DS rep for sale is this a V4? it seems to be fairly good, in terms of correct matt dial ,pearl clasp lock and black lettering and the clasp, although the ring lock system lettering is deeply engraved and painted black...It claims to have a fully functioning Helium escape valve

can I please get your thoughts on this
here is the link

http://www.timeshops.net/RO7704_-_Rolex ... 8-3933.htm

RolexAddict

Dealer (watch buildings)
Trusted Dealer
27/10/07
o.k,
Rolex Company makes good watches

They made...

Remember, Omega was chosen from the NASA, not Rolex :mrgreen:
oups, may be I lost the way on this topic [smilie=alien.gif] [smilie=angel1.gif] :shock:

Warrcraft

Renowned Member
14/4/06
United States
Hi Guys,

Okay, I'll for SURE let everyone know if it reads "ORLEX" between the lugs (especially you "Rooster"), then for sure we will know it's GEN! lol. Hoping for the watch to arrive today or tomorrow. I'll take thorough picts inside and out and between the lugs. I see that some peopel think the dial is semi or matte. I'll let you all know for sure

OmegaPOFL

Renowned Member
10/3/09
Please post some pics :)
Im actually waiting on a *rumored* Wm9 release of the dssd

Spirit

Rolex Connoisseur
25/8/06
astrograph said:

...Don´t wait, the "rumoured" is for the 16600 Sea-Dweller... not the DEEPSEA.

Cheers,
Spirit.

OmegaPOFL

Renowned Member
10/3/09
Spirit said:
astrograph said:

...Don´t wait, the "rumoured" is for the 16600 Sea-Dweller... not the DEEPSEA.

Cheers,
Spirit.

waitt a minute.... yeah i already know of the sea dweller that's coming out by August. I was on the Wm9 forum and the man himself said:
"We've ordered an DeepSea Sea-Dweller with our AD. They will deliver it in this June, so I believe we'll post some pictures of the genuine DSSD in this July.
George " Someone asked if the DSSD will be produced and he answers "Yes. After the Sea-Dweller 16600 project is completed and pre-orders are fulfilled"

Im guessing the watch wont even be available till jan '10 !

Spirit

Rolex Connoisseur
25/8/06
astrograph said:
waitt a minute.... yeah i already know of the sea dweller that's coming out by August. I was on the Wm9 forum and the man himself said:
"We've ordered an DeepSea Sea-Dweller with our AD. They will deliver it in this June, so I believe we'll post some pictures of the genuine DSSD in this July.
George " Someone asked if the DSSD will be produced and he answers "Yes. After the Sea-Dweller 16600 project is completed and pre-orders are fulfilled"

Im guessing the watch wont even be available till jan '10 !

Ahh...then it´s some news to me :)
Let´s see if it will have any difference against the V17 that the factories will be running by that date... :lol:

Thanks for the info, mate!
:)

Cheers,
Spirit.