• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

“Official Thread†HBB V6 Evolution – Compilation of data (pics)

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
My first Hublot!!!

IMAG0290.jpg

Overall i have to say i am impressed, a very nice rep, great finish, good details i like it a lot, its a keeper i think!!!
With naked eyes i can see no crooked 6 marker, the pusher at 2 is indeed hard to push and the crystal is uneven raised at about 1mm. I dont like the rubber strap also, i have a small wrist (6.6") and this thing is hard to work, it will be either too loose or too tight to annoy me at the clasp area, i may go with gummy.
Also removed 4 of the 6 bezel screws (the other 2 were tight so i didnt want to mesh with them) and used that loctite 222 thing as Guru said.One of them was shorter than the other three around half of the size!!!
ps.Dont do it without a special H screw, i used something like that and hurted a little bit one of them! They are very delicated...

chromed.

I'm Pretty Popular
26/5/10
PS:Dont do it without a special H screw, i used something like that and hurted a little bit one of them! They are very delicated...

agreed.. i too went about trying a strap change but gave up as i scratched one of e screws.. attempt it only when u have a H screwdriver or have spare SS screws..

cheers!

Pix

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Advisor
Certified
22/12/06
FR
You can also use a spring bar remover.

BTW, are the V1 screws compatible ? I used a HBB screwdriver, so from the shape point of view they are, but I wonder if they fit the case correctly.

Does anyone know if Mickey's Ti screws are still available, they're a great mod.

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
@ Pix
"Excellent :)" : Many thanks Pix your are very kind

"The lack of clear specifications from Hublot help making any rep close to a gen... :facepalm:"
icon14.gif
Good one!! LOL
As always with Hublot. Curious!!

"I have a real preference for the latest V6 movement and rotor"
And me too

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
My first Hublot!!!
Overall i have to say i am impressed, a very nice rep, great finish, good details i like it a lot, its a keeper i think!!!
With naked eyes i can see no crooked 6 marker, the pusher at 2 is indeed hard to push and the crystal is uneven raised at about 1mm. I dont like the rubber strap also, i have a small wrist (6.6") and this thing is hard to work, it will be either too loose or too tight to annoy me at the clasp area, i may go with gummy.
Also removed 4 of the 6 bezel screws (the other 2 were tight so i didnt want to mesh with them) and used that loctite 222 thing as Guru said.One of them was shorter than the other three around half of the size!!!
ps.Dont do it without a special H screw, i used something like that and hurted a little bit one of them! They are very delicated...

Many thanks paparas for your pics and your interesting comments.
Crystal uneven raised about 1mm ??? 1mm!! are you sure, it is a lot !!.
The different length of the screws is a bad new regarding QC of HBB V6.

You can get a special "H" screwdriver, it is cheaper : 30$ from PTW. No problems.
http://puretimewatch.com/product/special-screw-driver-for-hublot-big-bang/

lacosta

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
16/12/10
Appearently we are going to get a new Black Magic EVO V6 soon!! My only doubt is if the date window on the carbon fiber dial is going to be fixed and if the crooked 6 marker is going to be adjusted. Any opinions?

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
You can also use a spring bar remover.

BTW, are the V1 screws compatible ? I used a HBB screwdriver, so from the shape point of view they are, but I wonder if they fit the case correctly.

Does anyone know if Mickey's Ti screws are still available, they're a great mod.

When I loctited the screws on mine, I tried the TI screws from Mickey and they do NOT fit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
Many thanks paparas for your pics and your interesting comments.
Crystal uneven raised about 1mm ??? 1mm!! are you sure, it is a lot !!.

You can get a special "H" screwdriver, it is cheaper : 30$ from PTW. No problems.
http://puretimewatch.com/product/special-screw-driver-for-hublot-big-bang/

1mm is big? Well i am not good with approximations, the difference isnt that much, i will have a camera tomorrow in my hands and i will try to take some good shots and give further opinion on this one...

wimpie007

Renowned Member
Supporter
1/3/10
/

Well i know for a fact that usually the screws at 2 and 4 by the pushers are shorter(was so on 2 of my HBB's so it could be normal for HBB's right?

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
Well i know for a fact that usually the screws at 2 and 4 by the pushers are shorter(was so on 2 of my HBB's so it could be normal for HBB's right?

You may be right, as indeed the short one was at 2...

Sent from my Desire HD

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
Took some very quick photos as time today isn't on my side. I also tried to show the crystal being a little misaligned.
DSC01506.jpg
DSC01507.jpg
DSC01511.jpg
DSC01512.jpg
DSC01515.jpg
DSC01508.jpg
DSC01513.jpg
DSC01510.jpg
DSC01514.jpg
DSC01516.jpg
DSC01517.jpg
DSC01518.jpg

wimpie007

Renowned Member
Supporter
1/3/10
Yours looks better than mine!
Its not 1 mm i think. Mine is flush with the case on one end and the same height as yours on the other

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
the issue with the crystal is an easy fix for each watch smith.

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11

Phil_UK

4/6/11
the issue with the crystal is an easy fix for each watch smith.

Or in SOME cases may be easy for anyone with the H-screwdriver. Mine looked uneven, until I tightened some Bezel screws and that seemed to do the trick :)

audace

I'm Pretty Popular
10/2/11
Anyone have an idea?

As we know, the V6 HBB has a 'rep-ish' cote de geneve decoration on the bridge:

img20110919114612111.jpg

The gen's, however, is polished:

Hublot%20Big%20Bang%20Evolution%20%20301SM1770e.JPG

Is it possible for the rep bridge to get a treatment of some sort to have a polished look like the gen's?

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Uneven raised crystal HBB V6 - measurement -

Took some very quick photos as time today isn't on my side. I also tried to show the crystal being a little misaligned.

Many thanks paparas for these awesome pics.

I see you have damaged some bezel screws.
Please note other owners to use a special "H" Hublot screwdriver and to be careful.

Concerning the uneven raised crystal, your pic is very expressive and we can see the difference. Following guru indications you can fix it easily by a watchsmith.

Knowing that the diameter of the HBB bezel is about 41,5mm I have placed three milimetric rules to measure the raised of the crystal, You can see at left a higher of about 0,45mm and at right about 0,75mm. Therefore the difference is about 0,3mm is very evident (but is not 1mm!!!)

You can see below the pic of the measurement

HBBV6UNEVENRAISEDCRYSTAL-paparascopiar.jpg

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
No white for me, I wish they would have announced the Black Magic.

Did you guys see the HBB which will be build for RG members? It is
a nice design, I signed up for one!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk