• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

DSSD with double AR

fine dd

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
5/8/06
Fresh from AR-Coating. :D :D

I ask for your opinion.

b060medium.jpg

b066medium.jpg

b069mediumb.jpg

rooster133

Mythical Poster
Advisor
25/7/08
I love it! But you already knew that... :wink:

Anyway, I do think some sort of AR is almost a must on this watch. The crystal on those beasts is like a mirror! I think this one turned out great, and the tint actually works really well.

D

d4m.test

I think that Rolex should give up on their, "NO AR FOR US" mentality and start putting it on their watches.
I think this looks very good, but is one more difference from the gen.
It also makes the un-beveled date window and non-matte finish on the dial that much more obvious.
I think it looks great, but not for when you are trying to look "gen".

rooster133

Mythical Poster
Advisor
25/7/08
Yeah, as far as I'm concerned this is possibly a case of a rep looking better than the gen... I never understood Rolex's stance on AR...

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
I like it and I think Bamford and Sons would do this mod so it's not un-realistic to have this. Joe-Gen owner wouldn't know his arse from a hole in wall anyway. Some Gen PO owners strip off and re-apply AR so I wouldn't be hung up on it too much. I like the fact that this isn't purple or blue either.

rotten03

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/12/08
That AR is very very nice. Looks like it was meant to be there.

OmegaPOFL

Renowned Member
10/3/09
yeah like carlsbad said... it does show EVERYTHING on the watch b/c its so clear now lol If they got the date window fixed then it'd be different ;) In all fairness it does look great with AR.. [smilie=icon_cheers.gif]

Mr.Majestyk

15/2/08
The one thing the GEN needs!!! Looks better than the GEN by a mile, now if it only had a matte black dial....yummm!
Congrats, wear it it in good health.
Who did you buy the DSSD & where did you get the AR?
MM

Spirit

Rolex Connoisseur
25/8/06

Looks great indeed!
...Since you´re on the way to "non-GEN" look, I guess the beveled date window wouldn´t matter that much, but IMHO, a matte dial would look even better there, since this dial it too glossy for an AR´d crystal...

It depends on your personal tastes tho, it´s just my point of view here =)
None the less, it looks superb and really interesting thing you´ve done to your DEEPSEA, fella!

Cheers,
Spirit.

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
As I already told you via mail, great looking watch with the AR, my is coming soon.

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
guru said:
As I already told you via mail, great looking watch with the AR, my is coming soon.

Is this going to be a golf watch? :D Gotta go after those water balls. :lol:

fine dd

Banned
5/8/06
Many thanks for your honest opinions.
214lx.gif

rooster133 said:
The crystal on those beasts is like a mirror! I think this one turned out great, and the tint actually works really well.

Thanks rooster, that´s the reason why i have done it !

Mr.Majestyk said:
Who did you buy the DSSD & where did you get the AR?
MM

I do it over my otician friend via rodenstock.

coling said:
It looks great. What do you think are you happy?

Yes, i am!

Spirit said:

Looks great indeed!
...Since you´re on the way to "non-GEN" look

Thanks. In these point i don´t care about the Gen-look. The crystal was like a blinding lupe, so i changed it.

guru said:

Thanks guru, i hope you will be satisfied. :wink:

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
Same comment like that last thread. Very fine AR quality but if you can get the blue tint, I guarantee you that I will send you a few crystals.

rooster133

Mythical Poster
Advisor
25/7/08
takashi said:
Same comment like that last thread. Very fine AR quality but if you can get the blue tint, I guarantee you that I will send you a few crystals.

The way I understand it, the blue tint is possible but in this case it's not a very strong AR. The strongest optical grade AR has that rather unusual tint that you see here. For the strongest blueish/purplish tint I guess you're still looking at Chief...

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
@rooster: even for chief/Jakub ar at certain angle, you will see green tint. But bluish/purplish at other angle.

fine dd

Banned
5/8/06
takashi said:
@rooster: even for chief/Jakub ar at certain angle, you will see green tint. But bluish/purplish at other angle.

Every reflection have a colour. Look at the pix
abb1801.jpg

Anyway, it´s a qustion of $
I can offer you the highest AR in purplish , but it cost to much !
I don´t want to earn money with it, but i have ask and it will be cost a lot more then 50,-€ for a double AR.
My AR is between green and blue.