• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Parini. Who's familiar with this brand?

Gill777

Give me 47mm and sandwich dials all day
14/8/07
USA
I met with a friend last night, who just purchased a new watch over the weekend. The brand on the dial is Parini. The only information that I got off of the back of the watch is that it appears to made in Germany and runs off of an automatic 7750. It looks VERY similar to an IWC Big Pilot, except with what appears to be a titanium case. If you know this brand please chime in.

dellhd101

7/3/09
domega said:
I met with a friend last night, who just purchased a new watch over the weekend. The brand on the dial is Parini. The only information that I got off of the back of the watch is that it appears to made in Germany and runs off of an automatic 7750. It looks VERY similar to an IWC Big Pilot, except with what appears to be a titanium case. If you know this brand please chime in.

i think that's a sandwich shop? :shock:

Gill777

14/8/07
USA
Parini. Not Pannini! :lol: Its just that I never herd of the brand nor can I find any information on the net. He purchased it at a large jewelers show that was held in Houston this past weekend. He paid just under $800.00 for it. Its a good looking watch, I'm just curious about the brand.

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
I never heard off Parini..I know of Parnis brand asian made.

I would rather stick with the "german" brands that have a true german history. There seems to be more lower end watches attaching a german label but are asian made. There are also some good up and coming german brands but I like to stick with the ones that have a history to the name, a real german pedigree.

Parini sounds like an Italian name to me. :?

Gill777

14/8/07
USA
@Cybee....That is not the brand for sure! That piece is not worth that $$$$$ to me. He actually went back to the jewelry store today to inquire about the maker. Parini was a small German watch company that is no longer in business. They made primarily pilot chronos with Swiss ETA 7750's. Thats the story and the jewelers sticking to it. Regardless its a good looking watch. Thanks for checking!

Novesh

I'm Pretty Popular
5/5/06
pretty expensive for something that ugly...

it better have like solid platinum or diamonds mounted inside or something....