• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

BBR factory RM 055

brry

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/1/22
The case geometry and NTPT layering on the V2 is definitely looking better. Surprised BBR changed this.

Reactions: Reaps

Panda

🐼
Patron
Certified
10/11/21

Guys this looks like Vaucher but it’s regulated
Anyone has any clue of factory or cost ?
This is the V2 “clone vaucher” movement . Around 5k now. There is a V3/V4 now lol. V3 being free spring, and V4 is almost the same as the Gen vaucher movements. The RM clone game is moving fast!!

I wouldn’t be surprised if BBR picks up the “V2 regulated vaucher clone “ for the next release.

Last edited:
Reactions: Th4ySoN and Reaps

Falter

Patron
8/8/20
@Swiss_goupil Thanks for this. Extremely helpful. Honestly side by side, the V3 pattern doesn't look as bad as I thought it would.
I still like V2 better but the V3 is not horrendous and more similar to the NTPT patterns gen RM's are using for their newer models.

Reaps

-
25/9/22
This is the V2 “clone vaucher” movement . Around 5k now. There is a V3/V4 now lol. V3 being free spring, and V4 is almost the same as the Gen vaucher movements. The RM clone game is moving fast!!

I wouldn’t be surprised if BBR picks up the “V2 regulated vaucher clone “ for the next release.
There was a rumor from Dashindark that BBR will release with the vaucher clone sometime this year with a price of double the current BBR v3 so I'm hoping it's true.

seanizcool

Known Member
3/9/21
There was a rumor from Dashindark that BBR will release with the vaucher clone sometime this year with a price of double the current BBR v3 so I'm hoping it's true.
Only double? I would buy that immediately if it looked as good as these clones we're seeing now

Falter

Patron
8/8/20
Getting the Prof's AR treatment on RMs with open case back is such a lethal combination!! Really looks amazing, are you planning on doing the same with the V3's ?
Thanks! Prof's 2x AR is a must on any of the BBR's IMO. The crystal still looks to be too reflective on the V3 and same with V1 and V2.

Reactions: Reaps

Stuvetjee

Russian Spambot Sales Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
3/3/14
NL / Schweizer
Okay, so i finally was on my boiling point with this absolute shit quality rep. Cant believe they case up such beautiful sturdy movement in this retarded horrific cases.

I wanted to check if i atleast could put one intact screw back in position with the new velcro strap. Atleast, thats what i thought... screw was turning in fine onto the last part that was hard. When on the final turns, again the head broke from the screw while twisting.

I really dont understand how this happens everytime, but it seems the velcro strap supplier has way different endlink holes than the BBR, since it has threaded holes. Best for everyone to do is to widen your strap endlink holes. These dont get screwed anyway by the screw.

In the end i managed to screw the pin in enough so it stays put. same for the other side, i manufactured a pin and stick it in. The two heads and washers i glued in place. This rep is a beater for me anyway, and probably reserve movement parts for the future.

Gonna order a new BBR when the quality improves...

KQD4gn.jpeg

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
I wonder if they made the screws from G2 instead of G5 Ti; they definitely don't look like beadblasted steel, and G2 is both cheaper and easier to machine than G5 but I believe it's more brittle, so making a tiny little screw shank out of it is asking for them to snap. It's times like this that I start pricing out tiny little lathes and dividing heads because all custom builds and a whole lot of repairs are bottlenecked by lack of xtals and screws

Stuvetjee

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
3/3/14
NL / Schweizer
I wonder if they made the screws from G2 instead of G5 Ti; they definitely don't look like beadblasted steel, and G2 is both cheaper and easier to machine than G5 but I believe it's more brittle, so making a tiny little screw shank out of it is asking for them to snap. It's times like this that I start pricing out tiny little lathes and dividing heads because all custom builds and a whole lot of repairs are bottlenecked by lack of xtals and screws
no chance this is titanium bro. wouldn't even categorize this as steel how weak they are.

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
Ti is brittle as shit in applications like these, steel is by FAR the better material. Ti is just light for it's strength, but it's a reeeeeeeally dumb material to make screws from, especially in G2. There's an entire chapter in the RM Catalogue book about making the screws from Ti just because it's the hardest thing they could do at the time. I'm just guessing because nothing should just snap like that unless it's super-hard steel or something really dumb like G2 Ti

Stuvetjee

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
3/3/14
NL / Schweizer
Ti is brittle as shit in applications like these, steel is by FAR the better material. Ti is just light for it's strength, but it's a reeeeeeeally dumb material to make screws from, especially in G2. There's an entire chapter in the RM Catalogue book about making the screws from Ti just because it's the hardest thing they could do at the time. I'm just guessing because nothing should just snap like that unless it's super-hard steel or something really dumb like G2 Ti
Ive handled many Ti screws before. Never had i one that breaks when turning. Sure you can snap em. But simply turning them and breaking is a new one. Almost feels like when you are bending a lip from a can twice lol.

Reactions: GiantSquid