• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

BBR factory RM 055

Stuvetjee

For all your RM Strap needs!
Vendor (Strap Maker)
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
3/3/14
NL / Schweizer
love it. are you able to pick your color also? or do you just kinda get what you get
Just let them know what you prefer. The rubber strap is mandatory to its watch usually, but the velcro can be chosen :)

Parto

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/7/18
UK
I didn't get a free strap with white legend 😞 Interesting to hear the case dimensions are different from v1/v2 as in the process of ordering a velcro strap from Vic (fingers crossed it is the same strap insert)

positivitony

Renowned Member
Certified
8/7/14
Just let them know what you prefer. The rubber strap is mandatory to its watch usually, but the velcro can be chosen :)
i kid you not this is the best news ive heard in days LOL i appreciate this so much. debating between flat black and NTPT is gonna be a killer though

Stuvetjee

Vendor (Strap Maker)
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
3/3/14
NL / Schweizer
i kid you not this is the best news ive heard in days LOL i appreciate this so much. debating between flat black and NTPT is gonna be a killer though
Use this picture and circle what you want and send it to your TD, thats how i did it :)

img-3002-jpeg.jpg

Reactions: positivitony

positivitony

Renowned Member
Certified
8/7/14
Use this picture and circle what you want and send it to your TD, thats how i did it :)

img-3002-jpeg.jpg
hell yeah! you're the man for this thank you. it seems like a phenomenal piece from the little bit i've seen of it. very excited to see what one of these bad boys feels like in hand.

• Love
Reactions: Stuvetjee

Stuvetjee

Vendor (Strap Maker)
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
3/3/14
NL / Schweizer
hell yeah! you're the man for this thank you. it seems like a phenomenal piece from the little bit i've seen of it. very excited to see what one of these bad boys feels like in hand.
They are great, not sure what happened with mine due the screw being snapped. Solid 1,5 days so far fully wound and still ticking. Maybe it was a faulty one too. But it felt hard turning, so maybe it was under too much pressure.

Reactions: GiantSquid

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
They are great, not sure what happened with mine due the screw being snapped. Solid 1,5 days so far fully wound and still ticking. Maybe it was a faulty one too. But it felt hard turning, so maybe it was under too much pressure.
Those screws are stupid easy to crossthread, especially the strap screws. Either that's what happened or the bezel was torqued down slightly off-kilter and one screw was taking all the pressure. I've done that on builds before, and it's one of the reasons I usually use a crystal surround mounted on the midcase in my builds is because it helps index it better and prevent screw breakage.

I will say that hand finishing is improved as well. The hands and bridges on the ZF reflect pure white in the right light and it's stunning. The v1 BBR didn't have the same finishing at all, but on this one the hands are finished properly and stand out on the dial, which makes a world of difference in legibility.

krkqm2008

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
29/4/18
Dallas Texas
Just opened the box,
The all blue is a bbr v1 and the white strap is a v3

V1 is much heavier, i could feel the weight.
V3 movement is basically a "new movement" the gears the bridges . Looks like a complete over haul. And when you wind it there is NO sound, v1 has a slight winding sound.

I have a zf all white bubba watson, and yea the buckle is much much better . Will he switching it out to put it on the bbr v3

Reactions: GiantSquid

Stuart Pitt

Supporter
Certified
29/5/21
US
Just opened the box,

V3 movement is basically a "new movement" the gears the bridges . Looks like a complete over haul. And when you wind it there is NO sound, v1 has a slight winding sound.

I have a zf all white bubba watson, and yea the buckle is much much better . Will he switching it out to put it on the bbr v3
Is the v1 case narrower than v3?
There's a gap to the left and right of the rehaut and the case on the v3, but there is a consistent smaller gap all around on the v1.

Takel98

Renowned Member
Certified
22/7/19
Europe
Is the v1 case narrower than v3?
There's a gap to the left and right of the rehaut and the case on the v3, but there is a consistent smaller gap all around on the v1.
I think this is true, I’ve had this v3 custom made with the clone movement before and the case used is the v2, I believe the movement fits differently in the case, it’s slightly bigger inside especially on the screws at 2/4 seems to be more sunken in, think the case was widen and enlarged slightly

CF_Stan

CF/FC, ZrO2, PVD/DLC STupid fAN
Supporter
Patron
Certified
14/6/23
UK
Just opened the box,

Could you measure the dimensions and weight of both before you let the V1 go please? Will be interesting to see the difference.

Reactions: krkqm2008

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
I measured my case and it's close but it looks like the v3 is actually slightly wider but only by maybe 0.5mm max, more like 0.25 or less. I think the proportions have been revised though because looking at my v1 and v3 side by side, the v3 feels slimmer overall while the v1 feels wide for some reason. I am comparing black (v1) to white (v3) so colour could account for some of it but it's deceiving to the eye.

Stuart Pitt

Supporter
Certified
29/5/21
US
I'm seeing more than .25mm, maybe the v3 rehaut is narrower than the v1?

Stuvetjee

Vendor (Strap Maker)
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
3/3/14
NL / Schweizer
The carbon version of the BBR V3 is wrong. Has a shiny rim around the rehaut. This shiny rim only should be on the ceramic models. So its not correct. Also the topplate crown cutout is way too narrow.

• Sad
Reactions: CF_Stan and Reaps

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
The carbon version of the BBR V3 is wrong. Has a shiny rim around the rehaut. This shiny rim only should be on the ceramic models. So its not correct. Also the topplate crown cutout is way too narrow.
You're right, of course, but if anyone is unsatisfied with theirs because of this flaw i'll gladly take it off their hands for them :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Maybe I'm still honeymooning but I can't stop admiring this movement. So far it's kept perfect time, winds like nothing, crown movement is clicky and positive, and besides the strap (which you're also right about, it's a dirt magnet holy shit) I'm super happy with it. I've taken it off to look at the movement in the light like a dozen times, and it may be stupid but it feels pretty amazing to own something this cool. Rep or not, this thing is rad as fuck.

Prizon

👑
Patron
Certified
10/11/21
You're right, of course, but if anyone is unsatisfied with theirs because of this flaw i'll gladly take it off their hands for them :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Maybe I'm still honeymooning but I can't stop admiring this movement. So far it's kept perfect time, winds like nothing, crown movement is clicky and positive, and besides the strap (which you're also right about, it's a dirt magnet holy shit) I'm super happy with it. I've taken it off to look at the movement in the light like a dozen times, and it may be stupid but it feels pretty amazing to own something this cool. Rep or not, this thing is rad as fuck.
curious, does the hacking seconds work on this?

Reactions: positivitony