• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Panda Daytona 116500 GEN VS NOOB, Clean V2, BT V2, Full comparison

kulaki

Horology Curious
25/10/23
How good is the btf crystal compared to gen in person? It looks identical on this photo
They are more than close actually, almost same. V3 is amazing work from BTF. If you put in a gen bezel and brush the pushers, nobody can know the difference. They both are in front of me while i'm writing this.

Of course very tiny tiny color difference between gen dial and btf white dial, gen is a bit warmer but you can't see very easily. And subdial numbers a bit more white for gen, only noticable under low light conditions, and only you can notice it if you look so closely and next to gen.
Would like to thank @RX7GP once again for the awesome pictures comparison. Helped greatly with my choice of factories to go for the 116500!

Reactions: RX7GP and mcboom

spaceman007

5/1/22
Which factory did you go with?
I assume he is talking about BTF v3. @RX7GP

However, I bought a clean and thought about selling it off for a BTF. Honestly, I would assume 99% noone would be able to tell any differences in slight variations in the dial color, or how daytona is written etc. Noone is taking a magnifying glass to your watch.

Also 99% of people in the world have no idea what a daytona is. lol

Minome

Supporter
Certified
19/3/23
United Kingdom
Does that means BTF corrected their issues with the dial?
Compared with Clean some months ago, i was going to get a CF with a deep xtal, but if BTF dial is now closer to gen like CF is, i'm glad i hold the gun and will get a BTF V3 then.

Reactions: Victorparis92

kulaki

Horology Curious
25/10/23
Does that means BTF corrected their issues with the dial?
Compared with Clean some months ago, i was going to get a CF with a deep xtal, but if BTF dial is now closer to gen like CF is, i'm glad i hold the gun and will get a BTF V3 then.
Yup I would say so.. I compared and looked into the side by side comparision that @RX7GP have posted with his gen panda and the BTF honestly looked great imo

Reactions: RX7GP and Minome

acesup11

Known Member
31/12/10
I hope everyone is doing well. I have bought a few daytonas in the past and the movements have been timebombs. With the new heavy daytonas and amazing dials has the movement reliability been fixed or is it still an issue?

daytonadude

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
11/2/23
CONUS
I hope everyone is doing well. I have bought a few daytonas in the past and the movements have been timebombs. With the new heavy daytonas and amazing dials has the movement reliability been fixed or is it still an issue?
Did you buy a clone 4130 movement or a 7750?

Minome

Supporter
Certified
19/3/23
United Kingdom
Just got my gen panda this week. Let me know if you guys need any specific comparison photo next to BTF v3 White.
Thank you for all your pics! But the question remains: Where did you get it? Cant find it in any TDs and its making me itch.

Reactions: RX7GP

Grover222

Looking Around
8/11/23
Texas, USA
Hi, I'm a new guy just getting into rep watches.
I'm just writing to give my opinion on the Clean vs BTF Daytona Pandas.

I have purchased both a Clean and a BTF in the past month from different TDs. I don't know about the version numbers but the product descriptions are:
- Daytona 116500 Clean 1:1 Best Edition 904L SS Case and Bracelet White Dial SA4130 V2
- Daytona 116500 BTF V2 1:1 Best Edition 904L SS Case and Bracelet White Dial SA4130

Note that I've never held a gen so I have no idea how either of these compare to that, but only to each other.

Xtal --
BTF -- I received the BTF first and thought it looked great. As some people have noted, the dial is very bright white, which some people say is slightly different from the gen. The bright white doesn't bother me though.

Clean -- I received the Clean a few days later, and I can hardly look at it. The xtal appears very cloudy when viewed straight on and gives the dial a dull, fuzzy look. You can tilt the watch and the xtal looks better, but it is annoying to me. I prefer the BTF xtal by far.

So since I have the choice, I don't think I will be wearing the Clean ever unless I upgrade the xtal.

Pushers --
One other small difference I noticed is the knurls on the pushers on the Clean are much smoother, it makes unscrewing them a little harder than the BTF. The BTF is easier to unscrew and twist with one finger since it has sharper edges on the knurls. Again, I cannot compare to a gen, but it is a noticeable difference I found.

Bracelet --
Both bracelets look great. It is really hard to say why, but the Clean bracelet feels more substantial -- a little more robust, in a way. This is very subtle, but if you hold both you can feel a slight difference. Again, I have no idea which one is more like a gen, but I prefer the feel of the Clean bracelet.

So I think I'll put the Clean bracelet on the BTF and wear that watch. Not sure what I'll do with the other one.

Thanks for your time if you read all this.

mmaggi

Renowned Member
17/2/22
New York, USA
@Grover222 - Good review. Thanks for sharing.

It's the old dilemma re the 116500 (black & white dial versions): Clean or BTF? For me there is no wrong answer. It's whatever you prefer. What's great is that these factories keep leap frogging each other, they keep raising the bar.

kulaki

Horology Curious
25/10/23
Hi, I'm a new guy just getting into rep watches.
I'm just writing to give my opinion on the Clean vs BTF Daytona Pandas.

I have purchased both a Clean and a BTF in the past month from different TDs. I don't know about the version numbers but the product descriptions are:
- Daytona 116500 Clean 1:1 Best Edition 904L SS Case and Bracelet White Dial SA4130 V2
- Daytona 116500 BTF V2 1:1 Best Edition 904L SS Case and Bracelet White Dial SA4130

Note that I've never held a gen so I have no idea how either of these compare to that, but only to each other.

Xtal --
BTF -- I received the BTF first and thought it looked great. As some people have noted, the dial is very bright white, which some people say is slightly different from the gen. The bright white doesn't bother me though.

Clean -- I received the Clean a few days later, and I can hardly look at it. The xtal appears very cloudy when viewed straight on and gives the dial a dull, fuzzy look. You can tilt the watch and the xtal looks better, but it is annoying to me. I prefer the BTF xtal by far.

So since I have the choice, I don't think I will be wearing the Clean ever unless I upgrade the xtal.

Pushers --
One other small difference I noticed is the knurls on the pushers on the Clean are much smoother, it makes unscrewing them a little harder than the BTF. The BTF is easier to unscrew and twist with one finger since it has sharper edges on the knurls. Again, I cannot compare to a gen, but it is a noticeable difference I found.

Bracelet --
Both bracelets look great. It is really hard to say why, but the Clean bracelet feels more substantial -- a little more robust, in a way. This is very subtle, but if you hold both you can feel a slight difference. Again, I have no idea which one is more like a gen, but I prefer the feel of the Clean bracelet.

So I think I'll put the Clean bracelet on the BTF and wear that watch. Not sure what I'll do with the other one.

Thanks for your time if you read all this.
yeah the reason why normally people who ordered Clean would request for deep crystal swap :)

Grover222

Looking Around
8/11/23
Texas, USA
yeah the reason why normally people who ordered Clean would request for deep crystal swap :)
Thanks @kulaki ! Next time I'll request it. How much does it cost for that swap? Have you done it? I haven't seen it offered on the TD websites.
It seems like a big mystery about where to do this aftermarket now that I've received the watch in the U.S.
Is there a thread or link where I can find info on modding my CF?
Thanks in advance!

kulaki

Horology Curious
25/10/23
Thanks @kulaki ! Next time I'll request it. How much does it cost for that swap? Have you done it? I haven't seen it offered on the TD websites.
It seems like a big mystery about where to do this aftermarket now that I've received the watch in the U.S.
Thanks in advance!
IF i remember correctly, steve from theonewatch quoted $68 for the crystal and free service to swap it out!
Can't advise on the afterrmarket/local pricing for the watchmaker in U.S tho since I am not based there..

Yasrolex

Known Member
18/7/23
London Uk
Thanks in advance!
You need to ask if they can do it. My cf v3 panda I asked onewatches to do it. Charged about $50-60, can’t remember as he gave me a discount. But you need to ask as they don’t normally advertise.

Reactions: Grover222