• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Panda Daytona 116500 GEN VS NOOB, Clean V2, BT V2, Full comparison

RX7GP

🦁
Supporter
Patron
Certified
16/2/16
How good is the btf crystal compared to gen in person? It looks identical on this photo

Very close. You need to zoom closely to see the difference. Gen is a bit clear from edges. Can't tell with naked eye.

Left BTF right gen

HjdQHJ.jpeg

Hjdl1P.jpeg

Blitza

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
31/5/20
EU
Very useful comparison. For me overall Clean wins but the crystal needs to be changed
About that ive read gen-prof-deep-clark thats the order of gen to least gen?

WindJonah

Known Member
29/11/15
What a great review / thread …albeit I still can’t decide between latest Clean and BT! Had all but decided to go for the Clean and replace the crystal (to Deep Crystal), but now wondering whether to simply go for BT and avoid the hassle / potential issues of changing crystal.

Is this a fair summary of the differences between the two (in no particular order)?

BT
  • Dial colour cooler / ‘whiter’ / cooler than Gen
  • Subdial numbers are too close to the centre [ seems noticeable in most images, but are there sample variations?]
  • Subdial rings a little thin?
  • Tach markers (on dial next to rehaut) too thin
  • 12’oclock font a little too light weight / not quite bold enough
  • Daytona font a little bright red (too orange)
  • Applied markers – sides maybe either too thin or markers over-filled (could just be lighting / edge profile)
  • Lume – slight colour variance compared to dial
  • Case shaping / lugs better than Clean V3
  • Better pushers (personally, can see much of a difference)?

Clean
  • Dial dull / not as bright – is this resolved by changing to deep crystal
  • Subdial numbers are still too close to inner (not quite as bad as BT)
  • 12’oclock font may be a touch too bold / heavy
  • Daytona red font oversaturated and too bold
  • Case shape not as good as BT

Reactions: spaceman007

samsoniteman

Supporter
Certified
2/6/23
US
What a great review / thread …albeit I still can’t decide between latest Clean and BT! Had all but decided to go for the Clean and replace the crystal (to Deep Crystal), but now wondering whether to simply go for BT and avoid the hassle / potential issues of changing crystal.

Is this a fair summary of the differences between the two (in no particular order)?

BT
  • Dial colour cooler / ‘whiter’ / cooler than Gen
  • Subdial numbers are too close to the centre [ seems noticeable in most images, but are there sample variations?]
  • Subdial rings a little thin?
  • Tach markers (on dial next to rehaut) too thin
  • 12’oclock font a little too light weight / not quite bold enough
  • Daytona font a little bright red (too orange)
  • Applied markers – sides maybe either too thin or markers over-filled (could just be lighting / edge profile)
  • Lume – slight colour variance compared to dial
  • Case shaping / lugs better than Clean V3
  • Better pushers (personally, can see much of a difference)?

Clean
  • Dial dull / not as bright – is this resolved by changing to deep crystal
  • Subdial numbers are still too close to inner (not quite as bad as BT)
  • 12’oclock font may be a touch too bold / heavy
  • Daytona red font oversaturated and too bold
  • Case shape not as good as BT

I was recently in the same boat as you and as it happens, was able to pick up the latest versions of the Noob Panda and the BT Godzilla from the Sales Forum. I'm by no means an expert but both (noob Panda & BT 'Zilla) look amazing to me. The Godzilla just arrived today and on the wrist, I just cant see how anyone (aside from us here who are obsessed with every little detail lol) would be able to call it out.

Long story short, I dont think you can go wrong w/ either the BT, Clean or noob (tho this one is no longer made). I'd suggest getting the one that is most accessible / available and be done with it. I just enjoying wearing watches and these bring me joy :D

Good luck man!

Tompa

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
7/12/18
Sweden
I was recently in the same boat as you and as it happens, was able to pick up the latest versions of the Noob Panda and the BT Godzilla from the Sales Forum. I'm by no means an expert but both (noob Panda & BT 'Zilla) look amazing to me. The Godzilla just arrived today and on the wrist, I just cant see how anyone (aside from us here who are obsessed with every little detail lol) would be able to call it out.

Long story short, I dont think you can go wrong w/ either the BT, Clean or noob (tho this one is no longer made). I'd suggest getting the one that is most accessible / available and be done with it. I just enjoying wearing watches and these bring me joy :D

Good luck man!
Well Said. You cant go wrong with either watch. All reps have flaws. Just enjoy them for what them are :)

Jan2894

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/2/23
Spain
They are more than close actually, almost same. V3 is amazing work from BTF. If you put in a gen bezel and brush the pushers, nobody can know the difference. They both are in front of me while i'm writing this.

Of course very tiny tiny color difference between gen dial and btf white dial, gen is a bit warmer but you can't see very easily. And subdial numbers a bit more white for gen, only noticable under low light conditions, and only you can notice it if you look so closely and next to gen.
Hi!! May I ask you how do you know it's v3? Thanks!! :)

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
Completely agreed. Been collecting CF Pandas from v1, v1.5, v2 to V3 chasing that perfect Panda. They fix something and they screw up something in return as bait. The thick font and nasty xtal on the v2/v3 was the last straw Bought a BTF v2 and it was so good I stopped chasing.

What about Black dial?

Better go with clean or BT?

Reactions: Daytona22

thats_not_funny_guys

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/3/22
This may have been discussed but I cannot find the post. Is there actually a BTF V3? Some TDs say yes, some no. All say they will get the most up to date model. Trying to make sure I get the most recent/V3 since it seems like the best ay the moment.