• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Panda Daytona 116500 GEN VS NOOB, Clean V2, BT V2, Full comparison

Tompa

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
7/12/18
Sweden
What dial do you prefer? I like the clean dial but i dont know if the arf is better? Need some advice here

Reactions: Prinze20

Tompa

Supporter
Certified
7/12/18
Sweden
BTF v3 is good
Thx but want to know if its worth change my clean dial to the arf dial. I like the color more on the arf but subdial printing is better on clean. Need some help here ☺️

RX7GP

🦁
Supporter
Patron
Certified
16/2/16
Thx but want to know if its worth change my clean dial to the arf dial. I like the color more on the arf but subdial printing is better on clean. Need some help here ☺️

Not sure about others but BTF is very close, almost same. I’m considering buying gen black or white since prices are dropped a bit, so while i got the chance i compared white gen next to my btf v3 today out of curiosity. Guess i will go black for gen because of that. Also cheaper of course.

Not for this subject but for anyone undecided between CF / BTF Panda, trust me, get BTF

Last edited:
Reactions: sutekidane

Tompa

Supporter
Certified
7/12/18
Sweden
Not sure about others but BTF is very close, almost same. I’m considering buying gen black or white since prices are dropped a bit, so while i got the chance i compared white gen next to my btf v3 today out of curiosity. Guess i will go black for gen because of that. Also cheaper of course.

Not for this subject but for anyone undecided between CF / BTF Panda, trust me, get BTF
And case is better on BTF to so i agree,

sutekidane

Horology Curious
20/3/22

Completely agreed. Been collecting CF Pandas from v1, v1.5, v2 to V3 chasing that perfect Panda. They fix something and they screw up something in return as bait. The thick font and nasty xtal on the v2/v3 was the last straw Bought a BTF v2 and it was so good I stopped chasing.

Reactions: Hasselbaink

RX7GP

🦁
Supporter
Patron
Certified
16/2/16
Just post a bunch of comparison pics anyway 😬

I'll take few more later under daylight ;) BTF V3 left. White tone is very close, almost no difference irl. Also thickness and tone/shining of subdials are just perfect.

Very good OOTB.

Hj91Mv.jpeg

Last edited:

spaceman007

5/1/22
Honestly, I am a pretty big stickler, but i don't see it. maybe 3 and 9 are rotated a bit inwards? maybe?

i am pretty picky. there's no doubt that index alignment is something reps can't nail yet. it's most obvious in small indices like daytona 3/6/9, or long parallel indices like AP RO.

i don't really complain because it's something that just can't be helped at this price point, applied indices are difficult to get just right (and thus costly in the real world).

if it really bothers you, that's ok, just catch and release and try again
Thanks for looking, the 3 is slightly rotated, maybe the 9 as well, however as you said it might be all in my head. I wonder how hard it is to get a perfect dial from CF or is this a consistent problem with this rep?

Yes, the 3, 6, 9 markers are a bit off.
In real life and on the wrist, no one will notice. But now that you've seen it, you won't be able to unsee it. Very strange how the human mind works.
Agreed, It looked slightly askew and I coudlnt figure it out until i took some macro photos. Not sure what to do here as I have seen other QC photos of worse problems with this rep. Again if you look at it from a normal distance its impossible to tell.

spaceman007

5/1/22
I'll take few more later under daylight ;) BTF V3 left. White tone is very close, almost no difference irl. Also thickness and tone/shining of subdials are just perfect.

Very good OOTB.

Lots of photos please!
I might switch to a BTF lol

gpvecchi

4/7/12

Very good OOTB.

Hj91Mv.jpeg
Can you compare the front view of the lugs? I still think that the rep are toot curved, in particular the lower right. I saw some gen (but I didn't have a rep to compare) and I think that the gen are more straight and less rounded, like the old Noob.

RX7GP

🦁
Supporter
Patron
Certified
16/2/16
Can you compare the front view of the lugs? I still think that the rep are toot curved, in particular the lower right. I saw some gen (but I didn't have a rep to compare) and I think that the gen are more straight and less rounded, like the old Noob.

Sure can you mark exact area you want to see from a photo for me

Tompa

Supporter
Certified
7/12/18
Sweden
I do not agree. Noob are to flat. BTF are verry good.

Jazz01

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/1/23
Europe

Very good OOTB.

Hj91Mv.jpeg
please also comment your observations of difference ... first pic shows they are close, aren't they? After my AD bubbled something from 20 years waiting time I went with BTF ...

RX7GP

🦁
Supporter
Patron
Certified
16/2/16
please also comment your observations of difference ... first pic shows they are close, aren't they? After my AD bubbled something from 20 years waiting time I went with BTF ...

They are more than close actually, almost same. V3 is amazing work from BTF. If you put in a gen bezel and brush the pushers, nobody can know the difference. They both are in front of me while i'm writing this.

Of course very tiny tiny color difference between gen dial and btf white dial, gen is a bit warmer but you can't see very easily. And subdial numbers a bit more white for gen, only noticable under low light conditions, and only you can notice it if you look so closely and next to gen.

Reactions: Jan2894 and Jazz01

Milburn1

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Supporter
Certified
1/11/22
UK

Very good OOTB.

Hj91Mv.jpeg
How good is the btf crystal compared to gen in person? It looks identical on this photo