• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What AP Franken(s) do you have in the works?!

rankiba

Renowned Member
26/4/13
Yes. But this isn't available from the trusted dealers. Can be used for 15400 and the 15703 and 15710 divers to name a few models.
I have already built a few 15400s using this movement.
Wow that's on another level! One of my concerns of getting a 15400 franken is the slow date change. Having instant date change changes everything!

Limpy

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
3/7/16
EU

Great set up and really looking forward when its done.
love to see my 44mm holder supporting this build. So sad to see AP Roo frankens getting more rare. I hope one factory will come up with a great doover of the cases in JF quality so we all can enjoy the classic AP Roo frankens again.

Reactions: W47chl0v3r

j21

wawaweewa
Supporter
Certified
16/1/21
EU
Very cool project. Where did you get the parts from? How did it go, happy with the endresult?
15400 is an amazing watch, especially with the gen hands and dial it transforms to a piece of art that you can truly enjoy
Various sources, I would ask our section moderator Legend if he can help, otherwise you can always check ebay-Chrono and at dealers
All the best with your project

Reactions: VII and legend

Derau

Supporter
Certified
28/12/19
France
I mates !
Do you know if the XF or ZF hands of a 15202 rep are compatible with a gen 2121 ?
I’m thinking about starting a super franken 15202 build but I dont want to have to but everything gen for a gen 2121 haha

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
15400 is an amazing watch, especially with the gen hands and dial it transforms to a piece of art that you can truly enjoy
Various sources, I would ask our section moderator Legend if he can help, otherwise you can always check ebay-Chrono and at dealers
All the best with your project
Asking me instead of you bro would be like consulting the nurse instead of the doctor himself when sick. Don’t tease the fella 🤣

VII

I'm gonna make you an offer you can't refuse
Supporter
Certified
14/10/23
Geneva
lmao. I will do some research, maybe I have some connections in Switzerland to ask :cool:

j21

wawaweewa
Supporter
Certified
16/1/21
EU
I mates !
Do you know if the XF or ZF hands of a 15202 rep are compatible with a gen 2121 ?
I’m thinking about starting a super franken 15202 build but I dont want to have to but everything gen for a gen 2121 haha
There are aftermarket hands available for the 15202 gen movement that are better from the stock(xf-zf)
No need to worry using them again or trying to find gen hands
all the best with your build

Reactions: EggsVoL

j21

wawaweewa
Supporter
Certified
16/1/21
EU
lmao. I will do some research, maybe I have some connections in Switzerland to ask :cool:
AP Hands are difficult, they dont come out as easily as the rolex ones
Ask our mod here, you can ask also AMF and maybe you can try also Ctime, these guys are your best and safest bet for rare gen AP parts like that
Chrono-ebay you can check from time to time , they do pop up
All the best

• Love
Reactions: VII

VII

I'm gonna make you an offer you can't refuse
Supporter
Certified
14/10/23
Geneva
Does anyone knows if a "15400ST" gen dial fits in a APSF 15500? Is there any difference at all between the dials?

Derau

Supporter
Certified
28/12/19
France
There are aftermarket hands available for the 15202 gen movement that are better from the stock(xf-zf)
No need to worry using them again or trying to find gen hands
all the best with your build
Alright, thank you very much mate ! 😁

Reactions: j21

Reaps

-
25/9/22
Finally managed to read this thread through after a few weeks. All i have to say is wow, some amazing builds. It seems like the golden age for Offshore Frankens is over... a shame... I know I want to build a 2k budget offshore but it may be easier to buy a built m2m already, gen parts for ROO is not easy anymore...

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Finally managed to read this thread through after a few weeks. All i have to say is wow, some amazing builds. It seems like the golden age for Offshore Frankens is over... a shame... I know I want to build a 2k budget offshore but it may be easier to buy a built m2m already, gen parts for ROO is not easy anymore...
a $2k budget is going to make the project very difficult, m2m or otherwise. The bare minimum you need is a gen dial, case work and an LWO movement and those already cost around $2k. Add in the base watch, and other gen parts to make the watch look respectable, and I would say that it is best if you can reconsider your budget.

Reactions: j21 and Reaps

Reaps

-
25/9/22
a $2k budget is going to make the project very difficult, m2m or otherwise. The bare minimum you need is a gen dial, case work and an LWO movement and those already cost around $2k. Add in the base watch, and other gen parts to make the watch look respectable, and I would say that it is best if you can reconsider your budget.
Yup, i was looking around and it seems 5-6k is the average for a respectable build. 2k is only feasible for compromising, no LWO with the date right justified, no casework, etc

Always appreciate the advice sir. Have a good day.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Yup, i was looking around and it seems 5-6k is the average for a respectable build. 2k is only feasible for compromising, no LWO with the date right justified, no casework, etc

Always appreciate the advice sir. Have a good day.
Other members can chime in, but what you are thinking of, would not be worth the venture or the $2k. What you are getting is in fact a time bomb with a prettier face, period.

j21

wawaweewa
Supporter
Certified
16/1/21
EU
Does anyone knows if a "15400ST" gen dial fits in a APSF 15500? Is there any difference at all between the dials?
It won't much, the date would be misaligned

Reactions: VII