• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF PAM1074

samsoniteman

Supporter
Certified
2/6/23
US
What are your impressions between the different versions? Do you have a favorite? If so why ? I’ve been flipping between the 47 and the new 1074…..I know I know ..get both

I'll play devil's advocate to @johnlogan :LOL:
To me the 1074 is so much more wearable given the 42mm size. It looks great without being overbearing. I've only ever had 44 & 47mm PAMs so a 42mm is a whole new world to me.

I think the most important consideration is what you prefer and the size of your wrists. I have ~7 - 7.5" wrists - the 47mm wears fine (I still love 'em) but the 42mm IMO is a perfect fit.

If you're going for or prefer the oversized watch look, the 47mm is it. If you're looking for something that has more everyday wearability - the 1074. And dont get me wrong, the 42mm is smaller but its still a thicc b$tch lol - you will still have the undeniable Panerai presence regardless of which one you go for.

Good luck.

Granater123

29/6/23
Scandinavia
i have that same similar wrist size and I’ve got an opportunity to get my hands on a ZF 671 bronzoboy but a bit put off due to potential oversized.
Would have loved the 42 mm tho…

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
I'll play devil's advocate to @johnlogan :LOL:
To me the 1074 is so much more wearable given the 42mm size. It looks great without being overbearing. I've only ever had 44 & 47mm PAMs so a 42mm is a whole new world to me.

I think the most important consideration is what you prefer and the size of your wrists. I have ~7 - 7.5" wrists - the 47mm wears fine (I still love 'em) but the 42mm IMO is a perfect fit.

If you're going for or prefer the oversized watch look, the 47mm is it. If you're looking for something that has more everyday wearability - the 1074. And dont get me wrong, the 42mm is smaller but its still a thicc b$tch lol - you will still have the undeniable Panerai presence regardless of which one you go for.

Good luck.
There’s no right or wrong answer here! Both are great pieces!

Reactions: samsoniteman

colorao01

10/3/10
My 1074 arrived today and WOW its a great quality piece. Noted flaws aside, I am ecstatic this is now part of the watch rotation. Mounted a gunny strap to it... Love it!

Hzf2OR.jpeg

What model of gunny is it ?

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
Is above a VSF and below GEN ?

Kup1712

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
20/1/21
Is above a VSF and below GEN ?
I don't see a difference between upper and lower version...pip looks the same :LOL:

Reactions: johnlogan

Deggy

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
27/11/22
Uk
Thus is just beautifully done. Given some of these shots, I'm not sure that any of you would been willing to part ways with your VSF1074 just yet, but if you have fallen out of love, its just not a perfect wrist fit or you just need the funds, do let me know..
My 1074 arrived today and WOW its a great quality piece. Noted flaws aside, I am ecstatic this is now part of the watch rotation. Mounted a gunny strap to it... Love it!

Hzf2OR.jpeg
This is just beautifully done. 🥰 Given some of these shots, I'm not sure that any of you would been willing to part ways with your VSF1074 just yet, but if you have fallen out of love, it's just not a perfect wrist fit or you just need the funds, do let me know as it lands on the sales thread.. I would treat it like my first born....... Better......actually better.

Reactions: samsoniteman

samsoniteman

Supporter
Certified
2/6/23
US
Thus is just beautifully done. Given some of these shots, I'm not sure that any of you would been willing to part ways with your VSF1074 just yet, but if you have fallen out of love, its just not a perfect wrist fit or you just need the funds, do let me know..

This is just beautifully done. 🥰 Given some of these shots, I'm not sure that any of you would been willing to part ways with your VSF1074 just yet, but if you have fallen out of love, it's just not a perfect wrist fit or you just need the funds, do let me know as it lands on the sales thread.. I would treat it like my first born....... Better......actually better.

Another one was just posted on the sales forum! Go go go!

Reactions: Deggy

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
FYI only VSF is using inferior bronze-or bronze / steel mix on this release. Ie this will not age or patina like GEN or earlier VSF 47mm models.

• Wow
Reactions: KOT1917 and @(^_^)@

Deggy

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
27/11/22
Uk
FYI only VSF is using inferior bronze-or bronze / steel mix on this release. Ie this will not age or patina like GEN or earlier VSF 47mm models.
:oops: Thanks for warning, JL. Will look back on thread for best factory.