• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF PAM1074

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15

TagHeuerFan1963

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
6/10/13
Earth
How would you remove bronze patina without risking lemon juice and what have you getting in to the watch?

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
How would you remove bronze patina without risking lemon juice and what have you getting in to the watch?
A glass of 7Up works great for me! Leave the watch in for 45 min - check - leave in for another 45 min! Good to go.

samsoniteman

Supporter
Certified
2/6/23
US
My 1074 arrived today and WOW its a great quality piece. Noted flaws aside, I am ecstatic this is now part of the watch rotation. Mounted a gunny strap to it... Love it!

Hzf2OR.jpeg

Granater123

29/6/23
Scandinavia
Hi there,

the little Bronzo is pretty cool. For me, a nice alternative to the large models. The dial looks really great. A very attractive blue fits very nicely with the bronze case.

As usual from VSF, the watch is very well made and runs after a small "entrance treatment" by my watchssmith approx. 5 seconds + a day.

As cool as I find a 382 or 968, these are already big things and due to the bronze case also sack heavy. For me, the little one is a perfect alternative to the big 671.

Speaking of the "small one" ... the watch is not that small. In direct comparison to a 44, there is hardly any difference.

As already discussed, the clock has a few flaws. The Chinese installed their well-known P.9000 Clonewerk and simply brushed P.900 on it 😅
But why they wrote 31 stones on it and not correctly 23, remains their secret 🤔

The original 1074 also has a slightly different lume. It's completely monochrome here. With the Rep, the minute hand is blue, as with many other PAM's. Great idea, but does not match the 1074 🤦‍♂️

The thing with the Lume personally does not bother me at all and if I am honest, it is also good that the P.9000, which has matured over the years, works here and not something vulnerable new.

So, overall a very nice watch (y)

What the size diffenrwce between the “small bronzo” to a 671?

Granater123

29/6/23
Scandinavia
Thank you 🙌🏻 jeez you guys are so knowledgable it’s insane!!

What are the “usual” price point for these three and how easy are they to get your hands on? (Doesn’t have to be VSF but could be ZF or the one with an “X” in the name)

Neil

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/7/12
The strap is shit but the craftsmanship of the case is very good!

What are your impressions between the different versions? Do you have a favorite? If so why ? I’ve been flipping between the 47 and the new 1074…..I know I know ..get both

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
What are your impressions between the different versions? Do you have a favorite? If so why ? I’ve been flipping between the 47 and the new 1074…..I know I know ..get both
As you proclaimed ! Get both. If only one is on the table- get the 47!

Reactions: samsoniteman