• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF PAM1074

JayBee0815

Repoholics Anonymous
Patron
Certified
20/1/21
Heart of Europe
Does brasso removed the brushed finish?
Nope. It just removes the green patina and you can even be creative; for example it give imo a cool look, when you just clean the surface and spare out some "structured" parts like the indices on the bezel or the grooves on the outer bezel.

before - after ...

But if you want, you can also "reset" the watch to factory status

Commander Straker

17/1/17
UK
Yes, I believe it's the best way to return a watch to its original colour. Most other methods produce tints of one sort or another (although that may be desirable, of course)!

Reactions: johnlogan

303Watch

Preferisco Panerai
Certified
30/8/22
Colorado
Nope. It just removes the green patina and you can even be creative; for example it give imo a cool look, when you just clean the surface and spare out some "structured" parts like the indices on the bezel or the grooves on the outer bezel.

before - after ...

But if you want, you can also "reset" the watch to factory status
Digging that strap pairing! Looks great.

Efigy

Horology Curious
26/1/21
…soon! (+ 2 more reps PAM1096 & PAM1279)

I’ve been told by my TD

Will update this thread once I have photos or if anybody else gets them sooner, please post.

*** UPDATE WITH PHOTOS ***

I really need this blue rubber strap. Every dealer is telling me that it doesn't come with the watch. Any ideas where I can find one?

Rollyman

Supporter
Certified
30/6/13
Germany
Hi there,

the little Bronzo is pretty cool. For me, a nice alternative to the large models. The dial looks really great. A very attractive blue fits very nicely with the bronze case.

As usual from VSF, the watch is very well made and runs after a small "entrance treatment" by my watchssmith approx. 5 seconds + a day.

As cool as I find a 382 or 968, these are already big things and due to the bronze case also sack heavy. For me, the little one is a perfect alternative to the big 671.

Speaking of the "small one" ... the watch is not that small. In direct comparison to a 44, there is hardly any difference.

As already discussed, the clock has a few flaws. The Chinese installed their well-known P.9000 Clonewerk and simply brushed P.900 on it 😅
But why they wrote 31 stones on it and not correctly 23, remains their secret 🤔

The original 1074 also has a slightly different lume. It's completely monochrome here. With the Rep, the minute hand is blue, as with many other PAM's. Great idea, but does not match the 1074 🤦‍♂️

The thing with the Lume personally does not bother me at all and if I am honest, it is also good that the P.9000, which has matured over the years, works here and not something vulnerable new.

So, overall a very nice watch (y)

samsoniteman

Supporter
Certified
2/6/23
US
Just wanted to confirm - these 42mm Subs have 22mm lug widths with a 20mm sized buckle, correct?
Need to source a strap for this watch..

centrum

27/7/14
Thanks for the pictures folks. Despite the flaws, I ordered one. I came to terms with the fact that accuracy is really not as important as I thought. I came to realize that it was my level of satisfaction that mattered more than the level of accuracy of the watch.
Good quality PAMS are hard to come by nowadays compared to the good old days of Obama era when ZF/Noob/KW/HF/ZF/V6 gave us a plethora of options.

Pull the trigger if you're interested folks. ZF and VSF seem to cut production early on PAMs. I tried to order a few that were released not too long ago like the 1226 and 1229, but they were no longer available.

Reactions: samsoniteman

samsoniteman

Supporter
Certified
2/6/23
US
Thanks for the pictures folks. Despite the flaws, I ordered one. I came to terms with the fact that accuracy is really not as important as I thought. I came to realize that it was my level of satisfaction that mattered more than the level of accuracy of the watch.
Good quality PAMS are hard to come by nowadays compared to the good old days of Obama era when ZF/Noob/KW/HF/ZF/V6 gave us a plethora of options.

Pull the trigger if you're interested folks. ZF and VSF seem to cut production early on PAMs. I tried to order a few that were released not too long ago like the 1226 and 1229, but they were no longer available.

This here was also my exact reasoning.. I've been a PAM fan for 10+ years, have a few gens and only recently discovered reps. Was trying to look for good current production PAM reps and it was slim pickin's.

Bought a good version of the 127 from a member here released a few years ago and decided to pull the trigger on this 1074 as one just happened to show up on the RWI marketplace.

Reactions: Reaps

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15

Factories operates with smaller production volumes now due to the raids. If they get pinched the confiscated smaller load is bearable as apposed to the VSF & Noob raids a time back!