• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF PAM1074

Kup1712

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
20/1/21

It is for omega rotor, but the steps and bearings are the same. Be careful, use just 2-3 micro drops of oil/lube.

Reactions: 303Watch and Tiz71

Commander Straker

17/1/17
UK
Open Case Back

-Q-tip

-Silicone (tits) grease

Dip the Q-tip in, small amount, and press the grease inside the bearings.
3J3oVY.jpeg

Close Case Back
Thanks a lot, @johnlogan!

Reactions: Tiz71 and johnlogan

Marbe78

29/9/20
Spain
I have ordered one of these guys. The watch looks pretty accurate besides the movement and the lume color. Overall it looks great in my opinion.
I want to read your opinions, I think it is a very interesting release if we forget about the movement, lume and pearl

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
Blue leather strap and stitching is not on par with GEN! If the blue rubber is included I will switch to that.

Reactions: Efigy

Commander Straker

17/1/17
UK
NORMAN
I want to read your opinions, I think it is a very interesting release if we forget about the movement, lume and pearl
I know this may be sacrilege for some, but the older I get and the more experienced in this game, the less important to me is the accuracy of a rep. Build quality is critical of course, but some reps that misfire look better than the original. For example, I love blue lume (Omega) and for some reason much prefer it to green (Panerai). A Pam rep with blue lume works better for me than a green one faithful to the original (another reason why a genius like @Belkin12 is so useful).

I have never been called out with a rep, I guess because 99% of people can barely identify the brand, let alone know if it's 21 or 31 jewels.

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
NORMAN

I know this may be sacrilege for some, but the older I get and the more experienced in this game, the less important to me is the accuracy of a rep. Build quality is critical of course, but some reps that misfire look better than the original. For example, I love blue lume (Omega) and for some reason much prefer it to green (Panerai). A Pam rep with blue lume works better for me than a green one faithful to the original (another reason why a genius like @Belkin12 is so useful).

I have never been called out with a rep, I guess because 99% of people can barely identify the brand, let alone know if it's 21 or 31 jewels.
On a side note to this! The 1074 from a craftsmanship standpoint is a very very nice piece for the price. A micro brand bronzo with the same movement quality will cost 2 or more times as much!

Reactions: Commander Straker

TagHeuerFan1963

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
6/10/13
Earth
On a side note to this! The 1074 from a craftsmanship standpoint is a very very nice piece for the price. A micro brand bronzo with the same movement quality will cost 2 or more times as much!

Are these movements easily serviced?

Commander Straker

17/1/17
UK
Still awaiting QCs. My statement was based on earlier VSF Bronozs, watches that I deem super REPs. Watches that only look better and more GEN every time I use them.
I will buy one, what's not to love? Personally I'd prefer a closed case back, but you can't have everything!

I've fallen for bronze, but my Pam 382 is still too big. So, for months now I've been wearing a Bell and Ross 42mm full bronze diver that I picked up from Josh. The patina's kicked in and it's fantastic, I can't take it off!

Reactions: johnlogan

manphibian

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
Certified
26/12/21
I have these in hand. I have a load of pics but just need somewhere to upload them

weathermanGTS

Load "*",8,1
Patron
Certified
8/9/21
EU | CH
a question regarding the strap, as I am getting a new custom one: is it 22/22mm or 22/20mm? I want to re-use the buckle hence the question ;)

Reactions: johnlogan

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
a question regarding the strap, as I am getting a new custom one: is it 22/22mm or 22/20mm? I want to re-use the buckle hence the question ;)
I know this doesn’t help but historically PAM use 20mm buckle on 40-42mm watches!

Reactions: weathermanGTS